+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 229
  1. #176

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Governor Dan Malloy of Connecticut just announced he wrote a letter to the Islanders to move the Islanders to Hartford.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #177

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Governor Dan Malloy of Connecticut just announced he wrote a letter to the Islanders to move the Islanders to Hartford.
    Yeah, and John Rowland got the Patriots to play in Hartford, too. They'll just use the state as a negotiating chip like they always do.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  3. #178
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Yeah, and John Rowland got the Patriots to play in Hartford, too. They'll just use the state as a negotiating chip like they always do.
    Hartford arena capacity about the same as Barclays Ctr. Plus Isles would lose the money they get from their current cable deal. So not moving to that venue.

  4. #179
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Hartford is a minor league city period. Nice gesture though.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  5. #180
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    So after beating three of the league's top teams Isles lose to a bottom team, again.

  6. #181
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    How the hell do they spend millions on renovating an arena and it not include adding luxury boxes? That sounds like an idiotic business plan.
    It's right on par for the course for Nassau County and the Town of Hempstead.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

  7. #182
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    It's right on par for the course for Nassau County and the Town of Hempstead.
    So true. Islanders would still be on LI if the county had wanted them to stay.

  8. #183
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Big win at Philadelphia tonight. One point behind the Flyers with 3 games in hand!

  9. #184
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    I missed most of the 2nd and 3rd while clearing the driveway. I was pleasantly surprised to tune in to a empty net situation on our favor.

    Looks like I will make a first trip to Barclays on 3/18 vs Columbus. What's good to eat around there?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  10. #185
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Heck of a win last night against that other NYC team.
    1 point out of the 8th seed now.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  11. #186
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Heck of a win last night against that other NYC team.
    1 point out of the 8th seed now.
    The other team that is now 0-4 at Barclays Ctr. Important win with all those road games coming up.

  12. #187

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Back door into the last playoff spot.

  13. #188
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Back door into the last playoff spot.
    Nice to be the second WC but the injuries are starting to mount up. Does not seem like Clutterbuck will ever be healed.

  14. #189

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Cruising.

    Thinking back to 2 nights ago, I always liked Frans Nielsen, but I hope his decision keeps him awake at night.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  15. #190
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Another huge win. Only second Isles shutout win ever at Montreal. Makes you wonder they would have been if Weight had taken over about month earlier than he did.

  16. #191
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Josh Ho-Sang made his NHL debut last night. He looked OK but didn't factor into the scoring. Now they just need to get Pulock up. Oh yeah, 5-4 win. Greiss didn't look to sharp. Off to Chicago tonight.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  17. #192

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    They should have been carrying Halak as the backup instead of Berube.

  18. #193
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    They should have been carrying Halak as the backup instead of Berube.
    But they need Halak to play at Bridgeport because Gibson is out for the year. Makes no sense but that is what our backup goalie GM wants.

  19. #194
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Josh Ho-Sang made his NHL debut last night. He looked OK but didn't factor into the scoring. Now they just need to get Pulock up. Oh yeah, 5-4 win. Greiss didn't look to sharp. Off to Chicago tonight.
    Defense mistakes more than Greiss were the cause of the goals. And why only one D man out there on the Isles PP with 3 minutes to go. With a two goal lead just needed to keep the puck away from Dallas.Instead Dallas gets a short handed goal.

  20. #195

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Defense mistakes more than Greiss were the cause of the goals.
    There's a slo-mo gif out there somewhere of Mayfield missing on the hip check before the 1st goal. Kinda humorous looking now after they won.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  21. #196
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    There's a slo-mo gif out there somewhere of Mayfield missing on the hip check before the 1st goal. Kinda humorous looking now after they won.
    Good thing Hamonic is back tonight.

    Mike, I highly doubt Christopher Gibson is why Halak is still in the AHL. Snow was upset with they way Halak behaved after his last NHL game but with the rosters expanding it wouldn't surprise me to see the 3 goalie rotation return.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  22. #197
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Good thing Hamonic is back tonight.

    Mike, I highly doubt Christopher Gibson is why Halak is still in the AHL. Snow was upset with they way Halak behaved after his last NHL game but with the rosters expanding it wouldn't surprise me to see the 3 goalie rotation return.
    I hope you are right. With 20 games left it's ridiculous to have Berube as the backup while Halak continues to play in the AHL.

  23. #198
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Great bounce back win over tough Oilers team tonight.

  24. #199
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    And Ho-Sang got his first NHL Goal! A booming shot from the Blue Line.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  25. #200
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    And Ho-Sang got his first NHL Goal! A booming shot from the Blue Line.
    Can't let down against Vancouver.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts