+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Results 201 to 221 of 221
  1. #201

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Can't let down against Vancouver.
    PHI v TOR is helpful- slightly more so if Philly wins.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  2. #202
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    PHI v TOR is helpful- slightly more so if Philly wins.
    Another reason Isles have to win tonight. Either Phil. or Toronto or both will gets points tonight.

  3. #203
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Toronto got 2 points and so did the Islanders so we are still in the 8th seed. Beauvillier with a beauty goal on a breakaway. Giving up another tieing goal with the goalie pulled in 2 weeks was a let down but this time the Islanders win on the 3x3 OT with a great set up to Ladd by De Haan. De Haan is playing really well lately. Dare I say better than Hamonic. He was just named one of the 6 most underrated NHL players by nhl.com.

    https://www.nhl.com/news/behind-the-...?tid=278387726
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  4. #204
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Terrible play by Clutterbuck to set up Vancouver's tying goal. Isles were lucky last night. Only played well in the third period. Have to play better at St. Louis.

  5. #205
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Terrible play by Clutterbuck to set up Vancouver's tying goal. Isles were lucky last night. Only played well in the third period. Have to play better at St. Louis.
    Glass half empty.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  6. #206
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Ho-Sang is turning out to have some real talent

  7. #207
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Ho-Sang is turning out to have some real talent
    He has that WOW factor. He is fun to watch, has good speed and seems very comfortable at the NHL level. Weight is putting him into big pressure roles like the 3 on 3 OT last night. The result, a steal, pass to JT for the game winning goal. It's been a while since a kid not named Tavares excelled right away on the Islanders. Grabner and Trent Hunter come to mind. The others had their growing pains. Ho-Sang is now 3-3-6 in 8 games.

    Edit: Grabner and Hunter had great rookie years but were 23 and had previous call ups and were up and down from the AHL. Plus neither were drafted by the Islanders.
    Last edited by Donnybaseball72; 03-15-17 at 10:12 AM. Reason: now that I think about it
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  8. #208
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Another stinker last night against non playoff team. Looks more and more that Islanders will be too.

  9. #209
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    What will it take for Weight to realize that DaHaan should not be on the ice for OT. Lee not allowed to play but for some reason DaHaan can play no matter how many bad defensive plays he makes in OT.

  10. #210
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    What will it take for Weight to realize that DaHaan should not be on the ice for OT. Lee not allowed to play but for some reason DaHaan can play no matter how many bad defensive plays he makes in OT.
    Da Haan has been a steady dman this season and I haven't noticed a trend in any poor play during prior OT games. I would chalk this up to being an isolated incident. Boychuck is out, Leddy can't play all 5 minutes, Hamonic has struggled and Seidenberg is awful.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  11. #211
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Big week. With Pittsburgh and Boston in back to back games think maybe they could bring back Halak?

  12. #212
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Big week. With Pittsburgh and Boston in back to back games think maybe they could bring back Halak?
    I keep saying yes and he is still in Purgatory, CT. I know the Soundtigers play tonight so assuming Halak looks good he should come up this weekend as predicted by Art Staple at Newsday.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  13. #213
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I keep saying yes and he is still in Purgatory, CT. I know the Soundtigers play tonight so assuming Halak looks good he should come up this weekend as predicted by Art Staple at Newsday.
    NBC announcers on the pre game can't believe Halak is still on Bridgeport . When you have a clueless GM it can happen.

  14. #214
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Greiss is stellar in net as Isles beat other NYC team 3-2. Now 2 points behind the Bruins with a game in hand. Isles take series 3-1 against other NYC hockey team.

  15. #215
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Great win last night. Greiss played his best 20 minutes of the season in the 3rd.

    https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/is...port/220182550

    Jaro is back! Time for Berube to pick up his suit at the cleaners and head to the press box. I hope Jaro playd one of the b2b games this weekend. He was 28 for 29 last night so they are both on the same rest.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  16. #216
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Great win last night. Greiss played his best 20 minutes of the season in the 3rd.

    https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/is...port/220182550

    Jaro is back! Time for Berube to pick up his suit at the cleaners and head to the press box. I hope Jaro playd one of the b2b games this weekend. He was 28 for 29 last night so they are both on the same rest.
    I assume he will. If not what would be the point of calling him up. Unfortunately they can't send Berube down.

  17. #217
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I assume he will. If not what would be the point of calling him up. Unfortunately they can't send Berube down.
    It doesn't matter. The rosters have expanded.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  18. #218
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Halak finally back in goal tonight.

  19. #219
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Huge win tonight puts Islanders back in the WC spot. Halak looked great in net.

  20. #220

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Tomorrow's sorta important
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  21. #221
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Tomorrow's sorta important
    Yes, And with the Lightning only a point behind every win is crucial the rest of the way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts