+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audi Club

Hybrid View

NYYF Legend

Audi Club

Can anyone tell me a little about how this works?

Are there sections of the Stadium that give you access to the club? Is it worth it?

For some reason, my wife would like to go to Yankee Stadium with myself our 3 grown sons and our daughter in law.

My wife hates baseball (unlike the rest of us), but still wants to go to a game. She'd like access to a suite or a club or something (for when she gets bored).

I don't know why she wants to go. Don't ask.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a bit of assistance for the best course of action for the way to handle this.

Mostly she wants free food (which we already know really isn't free).

Help.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Re: Audi Club

Thought this was going to be about cars. Sorry, I have no clue.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

Are there sections of the Stadium that give you access to the club? Is it worth it?

For some reason, my wife would like to go to Yankee Stadium with myself our 3 grown sons and our daughter in law.

My wife hates baseball (unlike the rest of us), but still wants to go to a game. She'd like access to a suite or a club or something (for when she gets bored).

Anyway, I'd appreciate a bit of assistance for the best course of action for the way to handle this.

Help.

You have to buy tickets from SH or YTE that have Audi Club access for each person...it's usually shown in the listing....you have to make a reservation in advance....you have to pay for the food.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

Help.

The food is not free in Audi the buffet is 65-70 a person plus alcohol. It is very good same food as Legends. If your wife wants free food there is legends, Champions (free salads and burgers), Delta (free popcorn, peanuts, soda) and Jim Beam (free popcorn, peanuts and soda refills). If you are interested in Jim Beam with access to Audi and Mohegan sun send me a pm

Devoted Member

I have been a Yankees fan for 25 years and a season ticket holder for ten years; old stadium, new stadium, good teams, not-so-good-teams, and I have always enjoyed my Yankee Stadium experiences... until we tried the Audi Club. Two years ago I asked my ticket rep for a couple passes to the Audi Club so my wife and I could have dinner there before a game. We already had tickets in our regular spot so we only ate there; we did not watch the game from there.

It is OK if you want to eat like a horse, with no class or style, and you have an unlimited budget. But is basically a very overpriced sports bar. At the time (2014) it cost $65 per person before beverages. The food was plentiful but the food quality was like any other buffet. If you can find a waiter, you can order drinks. The place has NO atmosphere whatsoever. Noisy and crowded. For atmosphere, you are better off in the bleachers in the rain or even on the corner outside the stadium.

The thing that really grossed us out is that a party of four guys sat at the table next to us, put their napkins on their laps and moved around the plates and silverware, got drinks, and then a few minutes later they decided they wanted to sit at a table closer to the food; so the waiters picked up their used napkins and silverware and re-set the table with the same stuff for the next party to use.

After the buffet for the two of us, two glasses of wine for my wife and one glass of wine for me, plus the tip, our bill was $180.00. I can think of a LOT of better ways to dine with that money.

So draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    So draw your own conclusions.
    For what it's worth, I've eaten in there a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. If you want a cheap meal, it isn't for you. For me, if I'm spending $65, I AM going to eat like a horse, at least I'm going to give just about everything a try.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    For what it's worth, I've eaten in there a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. If you want a cheap meal, it isn't for you. For me, if I'm spending $65, I AM going to eat like a horse, at least I'm going to give just about everything a try.
    I have sat in the Audi Club many times since 2009, usually in the first row behind the glass. Yesterday was the first time I ate there with tickets in another section.

I had tickets in the bleachers and since my days of frying in the sun are a distant memory, I decided to splurge in the Audi Club.

I was fortunate to have been given a table right behind the railing where the people faced the field at 12:35 pm. I had a partially obstructed view of the game, with a TV over my table. The temp in there was a refreshing 72 , I would guess.

I had never been to Audi for a 1 pm game, but I was impressed. Basically I had a gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner by 3pm. Since the play was emptying out by 2:30, the waiter told me to relax and enjoy the AC. Every selection of food was good quality, with the highlight being porterhouse steak. The shrimp cocktail was top shelf too.

$65 including tax ...really not a bad deal. Add up everything over the course of 2 1/2 hours and it could cost a lot in the regular stadium. Water, iced tea,( and coffee at the end.) Incredible desserts. And the food selection wasn't the Golden Corral. When you can easily cut porterhouse with a 'butter knife', it's a good cut. There were a few surprises tucked away, like lobster salad.

And of course, the best factor yesterday was NOT frying in the bleachers. That was priceless.

By the way, there were a lot of Giants fans there yesterday.

After I told my rep we go to NYY Steak for a burger before my 9 Game Plan games, he recommended the Audi Club.
    I have read the previous posts and I do not plan on dropping $65 for food. Just looking for a good quality burger and a drink before a game. The cost is an extra $16 on top of my $10 seats. So a total $26 nut per ticket is still not bad.
    But is it just a $65 buffet or can you order ala carte?
    I am not opposed to paying an extra $16 for a cover charge if it is worth the experience.
    Rep told me only STHs and plan holders can get in as opposed to NYY Steak where you can get in with a $5 SH ticket.
    Is it worth the $16 vig?
    Thoughts?

Thread Information