+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    He played 112 games in 2017 so I'm guessing someone just bumped the 2016 thread (don't care enough to investigate).

Oddly, in 2016 he played 148 games, third most in his career behind 2014, his first year with the Yankees (149) and his career year of 2011 with the Red Sox (158).
    So youíre saying that he was a failure at non-performance at 2016? Guy canít do anything right.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2016 Jacoby Ellsbury (Non) Performance Thread

I wonder if he signs with another major league club.....or is he still hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    So youíre saying that he was a failure at non-performance at 2016? Guy canít do anything right.
    Sounds like a Seinfeld episode. Remember when George failed at getting fired.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I wonder if he signs with another major league club.....or is he still hurt?
    Cubs apparently have interest.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/01/m...outputType=amp
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Very interesting. If that man can be about 3/4s of what he once was, he'd be a pretty decent player. I wonder if he's been rehabbing really hard...lot of rust to shake off...
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Very interesting. If that man can be about 3/4s of what he once was, he'd be a pretty decent player. I wonder if he's been rehabbing really hard...lot of rust to shake off...
    My guess is it's just Heyman boosting for Boras/Ellsbury. Ross is interested in Ells because of what he brought to the team they were both on... in 2013? That was 7 years ago, and Ells has been a train wreck since. He may get signed, but it's gonna be for a pittance.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    My guess is it's just Heyman boosting for Boras/Ellsbury. Ross is interested in Ells because of what he brought to the team they were both on... in 2013? That was 7 years ago, and Ells has been a train wreck since. He may get signed, but it's gonna be for a pittance.
    The Cubs would only be on the hook for the ML minimum just as the Yankees were only on that hook for Tulo. Also likely would be a mL contract to start. Low risk for Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The Cubs would only be on the hook for the ML minimum just as the Yankees were only on that hook for Tulo. Also likely would be a mL contract to start. Low risk for Cubs.
    I think that remains to be seen, right? If it is decided that Ells violated terms of his contract, it's voided isn't it? Or, if Ells settles similar to what Cespedes did.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I think that remains to be seen, right? If it is decided that Ells violated terms of his contract, it's voided isn't it? Or, if Ells settles similar to what Cespedes did.
    Not necessarily - if the contract is only reduced, the Yankees would still be responsible for whatever is left.

If the contract is completely voided, then JE could try to negotiate something higher, but I seriously doubt that any team would offer him anything but a mL contract with a ST invite.

Thread Information