+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: 2016 New York Giants Thread

Can't dominate the first half and come out of it losing 14-6. I have no problem with the Miami boat trip but when OBJ & Shep drop 4 balls in the first half (two of them in the end zone), people are going to harp on it.

Bobby Rainey is an idiot, the officials were mediocre (not one holding call against the Packers today despite some obvious instances), and the Giants deserved to lose.

Get a left tackle and a stud LB and let's regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Can't dominate the first half and come out of it losing 14-6. I have no problem with the Miami boat trip but when OBJ & Shep drop 4 balls in the first half (two of them in the end zone), people are going to harp on it.

Bobby Rainey is an idiot, the officials were mediocre (not one holding call against the Packers today despite some obvious instances), and the Giants deserved to lose.

Get a left tackle and a stud LB and let's regroup.
    This is pretty much it.

Hail Mary, dropped TDs, and Rainey's idiocy was a 14 point swing. That's too much.

I didn't care for the play calling - would have liked to see them adapt and roll away from Flowers' side just a few times.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

The Giants left a lot of points on the field last night, but I'm not sure Aaron Rodgers was going to be denied anyway.

The problem with the boat trip is the inherent selfishness to it. It's like he brought his trappings of fame into the locker room when the focus needed to be on the Green Bay Packers. Of course, he crapped the bed yesterday too. The guy's not right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The Giants left a lot of points on the field last night, but I'm not sure Aaron Rodgers was going to be denied anyway.

The problem with the boat trip is the inherent selfishness to it. It's like he brought his trappings of fame into the locker room when the focus needed to be on the Green Bay Packers. Of course, he crapped the bed yesterday too. The guy's not right in the head.
    Yeah, I wonder if the boat trip happens if Coughlin is coach.

I know it was cold but there were too many important dropped passes in the first half.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I know it was cold but there were too many important dropped passes in the first half.
    Somewhere George is running around naked............

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Well that was annoying, but still a pretty fun season. Excited for the defense going forward. I don't know if Spags will get another HC shot but I hope he sticks around one more year.

Now I hope the Packers embarrass the Cowgirls just as bad next week.

NYYF Legend

Disappointing end to the season. Game seemed to totally change after that Hail Mary.

Still need a running game. Maybe they can put money into O-line next year, that seems to be where it is most needed at this point.

Anyway, exited about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Disappointing end to the season. Game seemed to totally change after that Hail Mary.

Still need a running game. Maybe they can put money into O-line next year, that seems to be where it is most needed at this point.

Anyway, exited about the future.
    If they can shore up flowers' side, they'll have a good couple years of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Well that was annoying, but still a pretty fun season. Excited for the defense going forward. I don't know if Spags will get another HC shot but I hope he sticks around one more year.
    Spags may eventually get another head coaching chance, but I can't imagine it would happen this quickly. Aside from the struggles in St. Louis, he also had a poor defensive unit in NO (not to mention here last year). I'd be very surprised if someone was going to overlook all of that after just one very strong season buoyed by high profile acquisitions.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if the boat trip happens if Coughlin is coach.
    It still happens because Coughlin would have missed the playoffs again.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    It still happens because Coughlin would have missed the playoffs again.
    I don't think so. This year playoff spot is mainly a product of Reese crazy FA spending.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I don't think so. This year playoff spot is mainly a product of Reese crazy FA spending.
    So you don't give McAdoo any credit for winning 11 games?

NYYF Legend

So you don't give McAdoo any credit for winning 11 games?
    As an offensive coach background, I don't know how much he contributes to the defense which is the main reason for winning those 11 games. I understand head coach handles the clubhouse a lot more than just offense and defense. But it's also not like he handles the locker room well with all those OBJ drama.

Could you explain what he's good at as a head coach?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    As an offensive coach background, I don't know how much he contributes to the defense which is the main reason for winning those 11 games. I understand head coach handles the clubhouse a lot more than just offense and defense. But it's also not like he handles the locker room well with all those OBJ drama.

Could you explain what he's good at as a head coach?
    Not blowing games like Coughlin did.

NYYF Legend

I think in the end their inability to run the ball really hurt them.

Jennings had 593 rushing yards. Good for 27th.
    As a team they ranked 28th rushing yards and 30th in YPC.

You don't need a great running game in todays NFL to win but you you generally need better than a piss poor one which is what the Giants had this year.

I don't know if that is talent, coaching, scheme or probably a combination of all of the above but I for one as I said before would love to see them work on the Oline and hopefully find a gem at RB in the 4th round or something because the higher RB draft picks they've had in recent memory sure haven't been the answer and they haven't found a solution in FA either.

I wonder if Jamaal Charles, high risk for sure given his injury history and age and probably out of our price range, could be a solution at RB.

NYYF Legend

Not blowing games like Coughlin did.
    Thanks to the much improved defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I think in the end their inability to run the ball really hurt them.

Jennings had 593 rushing yards. Good for 27th.
    As a team they ranked 28th rushing yards and 30th in YPC.

You don't need a great running game in todays NFL to win but you you generally need better than a piss poor one which is what the Giants had this year.

I don't know if that is talent, coaching, scheme or probably a combination of all of the above but I for one as I said before would love to see them work on the Oline and hopefully find a gem at RB in the 4th round or something because the higher RB draft picks they've had in recent memory sure haven't been the answer and they haven't found a solution in FA either.

I wonder if Jamaal Charles, high risk for sure given his injury history and age and probably out of our price range, could be a solution at RB.
    Improving the offensive line will be key to improving the running game (for obvious reasons). I still think it was a mistake for passing on Tunsil in the 2016 draft. He would have been such an improvement on the left side of the line. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Improving the offensive line will be key to improving the running game (for obvious reasons). I still think it was a mistake for passing on Tunsil in the 2016 draft. He would have been such an improvement on the left side of the line. Oh well.
    Is it too early to say if Ereck Flowers was a mistake?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Is it too early to say if Ereck Flowers was a mistake?
    I don't think he was a mistake, but I think he'd make a better guard than tackle. His footwork looks too slow to handle speed rushers on the outside.

I'd love to see them switch Pugh and Flowers (Pugh to LT, Flowers to LG) next year.

NYYF Legend

Thanks Atlanta! The 2002 Giants are finally off the hook for suffering from the biggest choke job in NFL playoff history.

NYYF Legend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...rUI?li=BBnbfcL

Cruz being released. Hardly surprising. I wonder how good he could have been had it not been for the injuries.

NYYF Legend

Thanks Atlanta! The 2002 Giants are finally off the hook for suffering from the biggest choke job in NFL playoff history.
    Ha,Ha.

When the Patriots started to make the comeback, 2 games came to mind - Houston/Buffalo - NYG/SF.

Jennings was released as well. Obviously not a guy as near to fans' hearts as Cruz, but by all accounts a hard worker and good teammate. Best of luck to both of them.

NYYF Legend

Donnell another cut.

Tis teh season, I suspect there will be a lot of cuts in the coming days (and not just with the G-men) as cap space is king this time of year.

Thread Information