+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
    Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Re: 2016 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Josh Brown has been suspended for the opening game at Dallas for violating the league's personal conduct policy. No info yet on what exactly he did.
    Actually I read somewhere that he caught the persons wrist as they were trying to call someone. He said that he disagreed with the ruling but would honour the suspension.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._on_domes.html

NYYF Legend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...kCu?li=BBnbfcL

Josh Brown’s ex-wife told police on the day of his 2015 arrest that the Giants kicker had been physically violent with her over 20 times and that she had previously had a protection order against him, and that the violence began when she was pregnant with their daughter back in 2009, according to an incident report obtained by the Daily News....
    Sounds like a 1 game suspension is VERY light.

The league says they looked into that, making multiple requests to speak both with the wife and with law enforcement about all the prior allegations, but neither would speak with them. So the only incident for which they had evidence on which to issue a suspension was the charge last spring.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    The league says they looked into that, making multiple requests to speak both with the wife and with law enforcement about all the prior allegations, but neither would speak with them. So the only incident for which they had evidence on which to issue a suspension was the charge last spring.
    Yeah it's a catch-22 for the wife sometimes. Ms. Ray Rice wound up losing Ray's paycheck after the DV incident got him essentially black balled from the league.

Still when you have over 20 prior incidents and have called the cops multiple times on your husband, it might be time to leave the relationship.

NYYF Legend

So will the first team offense bother to show up tonight?

NYYF Legend

I watched some of the game but not much due to a fantasy draft. From what I saw it looks like Nassib has rebounded from his disasterous game 2 weeks ago. Tavares King had another huge game with 80 yards receiving and a TD. They announced that he will be the 4th receiver. Very impressive for a kid that was was all but a bust being drafted 3 years ago appearing in only a few games.

Refs needed to get on TV

Is that missed PAT going to come back and haunt them?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Not if we trade TDs for FGs

McAdoo should have thrown it 2nd or 3rd down.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Noooooope.

Dez Bryant

1 Catch, 8 yds

NYYF Legend

It wasn't a perfect game but the outcome is all that matters. Beating the Cowboys in Jerrahland is always nice. It is so heartwarming to see Victor Cruz as a productive player with several key catches and an endzone Salsa dance. The bend don't break defense did what they had to do in forcing all those key field goals. Jennings did a great job moving the chains and eating the clock. One negative is the lack of pressure on a rookie QB making his debut. Prescott leaves with a perfectly clean jersey and that needs to improve.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I can't believe McAdoo called a punt on that 4th and 1. What did it net them, 15 yards and the chance for Dallas to break their backs again on opening day? I mean it worked out in the end, but basically just because the Dallas guy was too dumb to run out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I can't believe McAdoo called a punt on that 4th and 1. What did it net them, 15 yards and the chance for Dallas to break their backs again on opening day? I mean it worked out in the end, but basically just because the Dallas guy was too dumb to run out of bounds.
    Given Bailey's range, I understand not wanting to let Dallas start at their own 35, with over 1:30 left. They could easily pick up 27 yards in that time. Wing just needed to hang it better.

NYYF Legend

Punting was the right move. Miss that 1st down and Dallas wins.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I would disagree too.......if I hadn't watched every Giants game in recent years. For "random team", I say go for it. For the champions of stupid ways to lose, they can't afford to give away 17 yards.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I would disagree too.......if I hadn't watched every Giants game in recent years. For "random team", I say go for it. For the champions of stupid ways to lose, they can't afford to give away 17 yards.
    Making the wrong decision is actually the definition of a stupid way to lose. That isn't even a close call, you definitely go for it.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Given Bailey's range, I understand not wanting to let Dallas start at their own 35, with over 1:30 left. They could easily pick up 27 yards in that time. Wing just needed to hang it better.
    This.

Wing makes a better punt and Dallas doesn't even sniff field goal range.

Thank you, Terrence Williams. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but that was boneheaded.

NYYF Triple Crown

Couldn't tell if that INT was Eli's fault or Sterling Shepard. Looks like the kid might have run the wrong route. Either way I feel like he gave up on the play instead of tackling the Cowboys defender.

I think the D line did a good job with that all world Dallas OLine.IN the 2nd half they started to pressure Prescott more

The GMen were lucky to get the win IMO. But I'll take it. A win is a win in the NFL, and beating your division opponent is even bigger. If that kid had run out of bounds Dallas would have had time for about a 60 yard FG. And with that kicker in perfect field and weather conditions I'm pretty sure he would have made it.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

NYYF Legend

Any win over Dallas is a good win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Couldn't tell if that INT was Eli's fault or Sterling Shepard. Looks like the kid might have run the wrong route. Either way I feel like he gave up on the play instead of tackling the Cowboys defender.

I think the D line did a good job with that all world Dallas OLine.IN the 2nd half they started to pressure Prescott more

The GMen were lucky to get the win IMO. But I'll take it. A win is a win in the NFL, and beating your division opponent is even bigger. If that kid had run out of bounds Dallas would have had time for about a 60 yard FG. And with that kicker in perfect field and weather conditions I'm pretty sure he would have made it.

GO GIANTS!!!!!
    Re: Eli's INT - when it happened in real time, I was screaming at Eli. Then in watching the replay, still a bad decision, but Shepard ran a weak ass route, let the db undercut him, then totally gave up on the play (he literally threw his hands up in the effing air) before the ball was in the air.

The run D was sick, and the pressure was much better second half. O looked good, though it took a bit to get the run game going.

All in all, a good W. Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Any win over Dallas is a good win in my book.
    Here, here.

Thread Information