+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 New York Giants Thread

Surprised, didn't see Eli Apple here..... Underwhelmed a bit :/

This dumb ass GM could have traded down for him.

He had no backup plan after all the players they wanted were picked. He should have been fired like Coughlin.

NYYF Triple Crown

Great. So Tampa takes the guy we should have taken.

Starting to get more and more pissed about this ffs, and there goes Hargreaves lol.

I just can't...this guy would have been available 10-15 picks later.

I don't know much about Apple, but I really dislike the lack of value with the pick. Why don't we ever trade down in the first?

Also, the Giants have become way too predictable with Chicago moving up in front of us to take Floyd. This is not the first time a team has leapfrogged us in the first round to take the guy we want (for instance TB a few years ago), to which we respond with a low value pick. Does Reese panic when his guy gets taken?

Apple might turn out to be the best player in the draft, who knows, but the value just isn't there at 10.

Reese has zero concept of how the draft works and how to maximize the value of where you pick. ZERO.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by corsari42 View Post
    I don't know much about Apple, but I really dislike the lack of value with the pick. Why don't we ever trade down in the first?

Also, the Giants have become way too predictable with Chicago moving up in front of us to take Floyd. This is not the first time a team has leapfrogged us in the first round to take the guy we want (for instance TB a few years ago), to which we respond with a low value pick. Does Reese panic when his guy gets taken?

Apple might turn out to be the best player in the draft, who knows, but the value just isn't there at 10.

I watched a lot of Eli Apple me being a OSU fan and all. He has okay speed, tackles well, but bes still green. He really should have stayed in OSU for at least another year to get some more playing time and work on some things

Reese is rated one of the worst GM's.

He let it be known who he wanted, so the Bears and Titans moved ahead of the Giants. Embarrassing.

Apple is HUGE reach at 10.

I would have liked Treadwell. And I was not a big fan of him at 10. But Apple? lol, smh

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

nice pick for you guys. think he's better than hargreaves over the long run FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Reese is rated one of the worst GM's.

He let it be known who he wanted, so the Bears and Titans moved ahead of the Giants. Embarrassing.

Apple is HUGE reach at 10.

I would have liked Treadwell. And I was not a big fan of him at 10. But Apple? lol, smh
    don't think he's a HUGE reach at all. middle first round prospect.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I watched a lot of Eli Apple me being a OSU fan and all. He has okay speed, tackles well, but bes still green. He really should have stayed in OSU for at least another year to get some more playing time and work on some things
    So, should have stayed in school for another year, but now he'll be playing nickel CB for the Giants. Fantastic.

Edit: Do you think he's capable of playing safety?

‏@Patricia_Traina
    McAdoo said they're not going to pencil in Apple anywhere just yet. Wants to get him in here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    So, should have stayed in school for another year, but now he'll be playing nickel CB for the Giants. Fantastic.

no. he's a CB for me. best suited to playing outside where he can use his length.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post

He has the potential to be a good safety. But I don't think he's ready to come right in and start from day 1. It will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    no. he's a CB for me. best suited to playing outside where he can use his length.
    Good thing we already have Jenkins and DRC, wtf. So frustrating to see the Titans and Bears easily move ahead of Reese and take the players they were likely to take....

NYYF Legend

Each of the highlights of Eli Apple that the NFL network showed could have been called defensive interference in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Good thing we already have Jenkins and DRC, wtf. So frustrating to see the Titans and Bears easily move ahead of Reese and take the players they were likely to take....
    like the pick for you guys if you were going CB. not a hargreaves fan myself. apple was a middle of the first round prospect (10 to 20) and you took him.

NYYF Cy Young

WTF Reese? I hate this almost as much as the David Wilson pick.

Top 10 pick shouldn't be a project.

Two seasons in a row that we drafted someone that may not start immediately?!

NYYF Legend

Flowers started 15 games last year. Who's the say that DRC could not be beaten out or moved to Safety?

It should have been Tunsil. Im pissed off the Giants had a shot at him and passed bc of an old video/picture of him smoking dope. Post draft interviews showed Tunsil owned up to it and didnt deny anything and was focused on moving on positively. Giants missed a huge opportunity to add a great piece to the OL.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    It should have been Tunsil. Im pissed off the Giants had a shot at him and passed bc of an old video/picture of him smoking dope. Post draft interviews showed Tunsil owned up to it and didnt deny anything and was focused on moving on positively. Giants missed a huge opportunity to add a great piece to the OL.
    I can't believe it either. He's the best OL in the draft and would've fit in nicely with Flowers, Pugh and Richburg.

The biggest knocks against Tunsil are that he smoked weed in college and defended his mom against an abusive husband.

Yeah Reese, let's stay away from that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I can't believe it either. He's the best OL in the draft and would've fit in nicely with Flowers, Pugh and Richburg.

The biggest knocks against Tunsil are that he smoked weed in college and defended his mom against an abusive husband.

Yeah Reese, let's stay away from that guy.
    Yeah, well, he's got some baggage, but this was far from La'El Collins being investigated prior to the draft in the shooting death of a pregnant woman. The Giants have also managed to stand by JPP idiotically blowing his hand off with fireworks, Bromley being accused of rape, and Beckham having trouble controlling himself.

I bet if you took a look at the Giants' board a few weeks ago he would have been #1. Or maybe he wouldn't have even been on it because there was no conceivable way he was going to be there at #10. Manning has a handful of years left...they were given a golden opportunity to get an instant starter at tackle and chose a nickel CB instead.

I wanted Tunsil, too. But I wasn't expecting it as character issues mean a lot to this team, imo. I think he'll end up being a steal.

If they like Apple that much, I think they could/should have rolled the dice that he would still be there at 18. I know Tunsil apparently has off-the-field issues, but the thought of him protecting Luck could have convinced Indianapolis to make a trade worth the Giants' while, IMO.

Thread Information