+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    they should do The First Law trilogy next. That will smash and cater to the same audience.
    Yep. First Law series would be awesome. Shocked I haven't heard about anyone talking to Abercrombie about the rights.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

And Bran can see into the past now?

Hodor's name is Willis?
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Yep. First Law series would be awesome. Shocked I haven't heard about anyone talking to Abercrombie about the rights.
    If they do this, I hope they get Logen right.

I never cared for some of the fan art, or even the picture on the cover. I always imagine him as more of a bearded northman type.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

NYYF Triple Crown

they should do The First Law trilogy next. That will smash and cater to the same audience.
    I'd like to see The Purge of Babylon series by Sam Sisavath made into a TV series although that's probably more a show for Netflix or SyFy than HBO. You should check out those ebooks on Amazon.com if you've never heard of them. I think they're in your wheelhouse.

I don't think Jon Snow's resurrection was a surprise for anyone but it was still a great moment. Poor baby Bolton's fate wasn't a surprise either but damn. 😳

NYYF Triple Crown

So after her prophecy booboo it looks like the Red Witch is still a legit witch after all. I'd even say God-like since raising someone from the dead is some serious high level sorcery.

Can someone tell me the meaning behind her turning into an old lady last episode? What's that about?

After the Thrones is really helpful. The podcast was really good last year but being able to see them explain things is even more helpful.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Triple Crown

I was expecting After the Thrones to be after the show not a day after. I think HBO should've planned it accordingly. It kinda ruins it. But I'll probably watch it as soon as I get over watching the other bazillions of shows I still have yet to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I was expecting After the Thrones to be after the show not a day after. I think HBO should've planned it accordingly. It kinda ruins it. But I'll probably watch it as soon as I get over watching the other bazillions of shows I still have yet to watch.
    I know not everyone is up in the overnight like I am, but it is posted on HBOGo/Now at 3AM.

And HBO shouldn't have put it right after GoT. Veep and Silicon Valley are locked in there for an awesome two hour block of television. I guess they could put AtT on HBO2 or something like that.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I know not everyone is up in the overnight like I am, but it is posted on HBOGo/Now at 3AM.

And HBO shouldn't have put it right after GoT. Veep and Silicon Valley are locked in there for an awesome two hour block of television. I guess they could put AtT on HBO2 or something like that.
    Oh so the Monday show is just a replay? Okay then.

Yeah, I understand that rationale and have no problem with it but it would be more fresh and fun to get the conversation going immediately after.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

God, Bolton totally deserve that for the Red Wedding.

I was really hoping the traitorous little kid who was Snow's right hand is killed one way or another. First, it was Ygritte then Snow.

I can't say who's worse Joffrey or Ramsay. But it looks like Ramsay is winning that.

And I have no idea if it's just me but what happened to the actor playing Bran. He seems to have aged. Last season he looks much younger now he looks like he's aged considerably.
    Roose did deserve it but not like that. I could tell that's where it was going but surprised they did it that quickly. He'll be missed. For as evil a person as he was, he was still smart about it. I'm surprised he wasn't more cautious around his lunatic son. Hopefully we're heading for a Jon/Ramsay showdown, or even better Sansa getting to kill him when they meet at the Wall.

Ollie is gonna die horribly. He's a show creation and everyone hates him for what he did to Jon. He'll die. Hopefully as brutal as that guy who shot the giant. That was awesome.

You have to be a pretty good storyteller to get me to "root" for someone like Cersei after all she's pulled, but they've done it. I can't wait to see the evangelicals get their comeuppance.

We haven't seen Bran in 2 years so of course the actor changed alot from 14 to 16 years old.

We all knew Jon was coming back and we all pretty much knew Melisandre was the one to do it so I'm glad they didn't drag it out and now him being back provides much more drama than "will he come back?"

NYYF HOF

That would be fantastic.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

NYYF Legend

About the preview for next week:

Should we assume that Bran is going to 'see' the scenes from the Tower of Joy and the first one to learn Jon's true parentage?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

NYYF Legend

I knew it was going to happen, but I'm still pissed I need to listen to Jon's stupid voice again.

So after her prophecy booboo it looks like the Red Witch is still a legit witch after all. I'd even say God-like since raising someone from the dead is some serious high level sorcery.

Can someone tell me the meaning behind her turning into an old lady last episode? What's that about?
    there is a theory which has been brushed on only a few times in the show that she was a couple of hundred years old. She is using a spell called "glamour" to appear as if she is a desirable younger woman. This way she can use people how she needs. I think they tried to tie it to her necklace, but she's been seen without it before. So not sure what he actual explaination is. I had a thought that Stannis's wife possibly saw her differently and that's why she didn't mind her hanging with him so much. So it manipulates men maybe?

Edit: the "glamour" spell was mentioned a couple of times so that's out of the show too. Just wanna make sure no one thinks I'm adding info here. Like I said most of the story is now new material.

Well, the part about Jon fighting and winning at Winterfell can still happen. Probably will. She doesn't even know about Stannis yet, but maybe her slip was just WHICH king succeeds. She may not be all that bad at prophecy. I just don't remember exactly what she said about Stannis. It's like investing, when it happens is as important as what happens.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Stannis may or may not be confirmed dead. We did not see his death only a swing of a sword that may or may not have just hit a tree. Brienne does weird things. I'm leaning on the side that she did do it, but a major character like Stannis, I need to see his head roll before I believe he is absolutely dead.

I'd argue it isn't a prophecy booboo. She saw in her flames the head of Dragonstone as the return of Azor Ahai so she assumed it was Stannis who ruled Dragonstone. She didn't realize that Dragonstone was where Rhaegar (Dany's brother) ruled. Rhaegar is Jon's father so technically Jon is heir to Dragonstone.

^ agreed with Rhody

NYYF Legend

Stannis may or may not be confirmed dead. We did not see his death only a swing of a sword that may or may not have just hit a tree. Brienne does weird things. I'm leaning on the side that she did do it, but a major character like Stannis, I need to see his head roll before I believe he is absolutely dead.
    I felt this way too, until last week. Roose told Ramsay that he heard Stannis was dead and asked him if he knew who struck the killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I felt this way too, until last week. Roose told Ramsay that he heard Stannis was dead and asked him if he knew who struck the killing blow.
    doesnt it seem odd though that one of the five kings died kinda off screen? Every other one was shown in all its glory. Stannis was becoming a fan favorite, then the heel again, but then a fan favorite again, and they just off him with no evidence?

Like you im starting to lean towards the fact he may be dead. But I still can't shake the possibility that he isn't at this point, even if he eventually will be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'd argue it isn't a prophecy booboo. She saw in her flames the head of Dragonstone as the return of Azor Ahai so she assumed it was Stannis who ruled Dragonstone. She didn't realize that Dragonstone was where Rhaegar (Dany's brother) ruled. Rhaegar is Jon's father so technically Jon is heir to Dragonstone.
    There is a lot of speculation (with substantiating data) that Jon is the return of Azor Ahai.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Roose did deserve it but not like that. I could tell that's where it was going but surprised they did it that quickly. He'll be missed. For as evil a person as he was, he was still smart about it. I'm surprised he wasn't more cautious around his lunatic son. Hopefully we're heading for a Jon/Ramsay showdown, or even better Sansa getting to kill him when they meet at the Wall.

Ollie is gonna die horribly. He's a show creation and everyone hates him for what he did to Jon. He'll die. Hopefully as brutal as that guy who shot the giant. That was awesome.

You have to be a pretty good storyteller to get me to "root" for someone like Cersei after all she's pulled, but they've done it. I can't wait to see the evangelicals get their comeuppance.

We haven't seen Bran in 2 years so of course the actor changed alot from 14 to 16 years old.

We all knew Jon was coming back and we all pretty much knew Melisandre was the one to do it so I'm glad they didn't drag it out and now him being back provides much more drama than "will he come back?"
    Funny thing is when I saw Ramsay with the knife (tucked in its scabbard) behind him my first thought was "I wonder if he's gonna stab his father with it." But I immediately push that thought in frozen storage. I figured, "Eh, just my imagination." So when he actually stabbed him I was like, "Wtf, wtf, wtf.....that was way too quick (I wanted to see him die horribly)." It really shows how unpredictable and psychopatic he is.
    But on the same note, I think he's a necessary evil on the show. If they decide to kill him I hope it's in the last few seasons.

I hope Ollie dies horribly too because Jon will just forgive him.

The Mountain alone could seriously put a beating on those faith militants.

Ramsay is too one note evil and as such he's not interesting. Joffrey was the perfect villain because he subverted the handsome prince archetype. At first he was just like a spoiled brat but then as time went on they showed how much of a sociopath he was. It was fun to root against him, but then underneath it all there was that "well he's inbred so..." layer.

Ramsay is cardboard evil with no other character traits, and I for one am tired of him.

On another note I listened to a podcast and the host explained that she read an interview with Martin where he said Wun Wun the giant was named after Phil Simms (#11) and in the books he kills some knight of the Watch who is described as having grey armor with blue stars on it (Cowboys).

Joffrey's character would have been better has he not been such a coward. I really wanted to like him as a villain and the things he did were definitely making me love to hate him, but being a little mamas boy and a bitch just really annoyed me.

Thread Information