+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: 2016 NFL Season Thread

Breaking News from San Diego and NJ Fan has a broken heart.

The San Diego Chargers are on the move up north to Los Angeles for the 2017 season
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...go-los-angeles

Two head coaching vacancies have been filled.

Buffalo Bills tap Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott as their new head coach
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ott-head-coach

Denver Broncos tap Miami Dolphins head coach Vance Joseph to succeed Gary Kubiak
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eph-head-coach
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

NYYF Legend

Very sad for San Diego. Two teams in LA didn't work the last time and it's too soon to try it again. If I'm an NFL owner I block this move.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post

The San Diego Chargers are on the move up north to Los Angeles for the 2017 season
    I heard they are going to play in a 30,000 seat, MLS stadium....

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Very sad for San Diego. Two teams in LA didn't work the last time and it's too soon to try it again. If I'm an NFL owner I block this move.
    The situation was simply unworkable. California has very high taxes to begin with and the local communities aren't going to fund a stadium. Raiders will be gone, too.

However, I wonder why the Raiders and Chargers couldn't have followed the Niners blueprint of having something similar to the Santa Clara Stadium Authority, which organized the funding for Levi's Stadium without taxpayers footing the bill.

Will all NFL teams be in new, or newer, stadiums now? Or is there another team left in an outdated stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I heard they are going to play in a 30,000 seat, MLS stadium....
    Assuming your not joking, that would be the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. That's a a longshot.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post

It is so awful!!! The new logo is GROSS!!! It is so sad. Been a fan since 1979!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Will all NFL teams be in new, or newer, stadiums now? Or is there another team left in an outdated stadium?
    Well, outdated is somewhat a matter of opinion, but there are still quite a few old ones.

(We'll leave out the LA Coliseum since it's temporary until the new stadium is built).

Soldier Field (it's been renovated, but still) and Lambeau are both legitimately old, and if we're counting Oakland that's pretty old as well. Arrowhead, Buffalo and the superdome may not be old but they're certainly older than many stadiums which have already been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Well, outdated is somewhat a matter of opinion, but there are still quite a few old ones.

(We'll leave out the LA Coliseum since it's temporary until the new stadium is built).

Soldier Field (it's been renovated, but still) and Lambeau are both legitimately old, and if we're counting Oakland that's pretty old as well. Arrowhead, Buffalo and the superdome may not be old but they're certainly older than many stadiums which have already been replaced.
    Buffalo and New Orleans. I forgot about them. At least the Superdome is still good enough to host a Super Bowl- unlike Qualcomm. I just read that Goodell is encouraging the Pegulas to look for new stadium solutions. St Louis is poised to poach a team, imo.

Steelers / Chiefs has been moved from Sun afternoon to night because of an impending ice storm. I guess if the roads don't clear up during they day Sunday they'll have a difficult decision as to playing the game.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Steelers / Chiefs has been moved from Sun afternoon to night because of an impending ice storm. I guess if the roads don't clear up during they day Sunday they'll have a difficult decision as to playing the game.
    KC is under an ice storm warning from 6p tonight until Sunday at midnight.

I guess the NFL is banking on the warm front getting there earlier than anticipated. Still, not sure how wise it is to throw 50k vehicles into the fray coming out of an ice storm (best case scenario)..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    KC is under an ice storm warning from 6p tonight until Sunday at midnight.

I guess the NFL is banking on the warm front getting there earlier than anticipated. Still, not sure how wise it is to throw 50k vehicles into the fray coming out of an ice storm (best case scenario)..
    Betting against the weather people is usually a good bet.

NYYF Legend

Since when has weather ever affect NFL playoff games? Friggen pansies.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Since when has weather ever affect NFL playoff games? Friggen pansies.
    I don't think it's for the players, or even people in the stadium watching, but they must be nervous about the fans actually getting to the game. Putting an extra 50,000 cars on the road if there's a state of emergency isn't smart.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't think it's for the players, or even people in the stadium watching, but they must be nervous about the fans actually getting to the game. Putting an extra 50,000 cars on the road if there's a state of emergency isn't smart.
    What about the 2001 AFC Championship game? The snow bowl/tuck rule game. The NFL is getting soft. The game is supposed to be played in the elements. Only a Hurricane or lightning should postpone a game.

NYYF Legend

Listening to WEEI.......theye`re talking about next weeks match-up vs. KC or Pitt..........I guess tonight was cancelled?

Suspended

What about the 2001 AFC Championship game? The snow bowl/tuck rule game. The NFL is getting soft. The game is supposed to be played in the elements. Only a Hurricane or lightning should postpone a game.
    If it's a legitimate ice storm, with downed power lines, fires, etc. Then it'd be the definition of idiocy to dump 50,000 cars onto the roads when emergency responders need to navigate them to help those in need.

You're embarrassing yourself, and you've made an irrelevant comparison - the tuck rule game didn't have severely hazardous road conditions the way KC is supposed to be getting this weekend. It would be foolish and irresponsible to not take steps to try to avoid putting thousands fans on the road in conditions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Listening to WEEI.......theye`re talking about next weeks match-up vs. KC or Pitt..........I guess tonight was cancelled?
    Any given sunday and all that, but for the sake of the Texans it probably should be.

As per the NFL, when was the last time a playoff game was actually cancelled or postponed to another day? I understand the danger of lightening, but I don't recall cold weather/ice ever being the culprit.

NYYF Legend

Ice storm is no joke. It's even more dangerous than lighting if we are talking about traffic.

BB55's Picks - 2016-17 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

AFC
    New England Patriots over Houston Texans
    Pittsburgh Steelers over Kansas City Chiefs

NFC
    Seattle Seahawks over Atlanta Falcons
    Green Bay Packers over Dallas Cowboys

Hester should be in much higher demand now, compared to before the game started.

NYYF Legend

Anytime the coach of an underdog says "going 3 and out is OK", the game is already over. Bill O'Brien forfeited

NYYF Legend

It's funny because the Texans have obviously played better than I thought... but I still think Bill O'Brien's mentality is what gives them no chance to win this. Conservative coaches don't seem to fully grasp that in the modern NFL you can't just keep kicking borderline field goals and punting to Tom Brady from his 40 and hoping your D-Line dominates 10 straight possessions. They eventually get tired and don't get to Brady, and he beats you.

Everyone is going to blame Osweiler for throwing that pick, but i think O'Brien set the table for it by sitting on a 1 and 4 point deficit for a few drives in a row and waiting for Clowney to get a strip sack. They were winning the turnover battle 2-0 and losing by 11 anyway!

Thread Information