+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30

Re: 2016 NFL Season Thread

Yup. I had a box with Atlanta 8 and NE 0, and said to my friend at that point that I was screwed. Atl would just run it, and worst case get stuffed and kick the FG. When they went into the shotgun I was expecting a shotgun draw, and when they actually dropped back to pass, we looked at each other and shrugged - it was a pretty obvious bad decision, but the only way I was still alive to win some money, so even though I was rooting for Atl, I was ok with it. It was hard to find a way for both of us to lose, but they managed it.

2 rings gift wrapped by Seattle and Atlanta. Amazing comeback.

NYYF Legend

Shanahan gets rewarded with a head coaching gig for his brain dead play calling. Run, Run, Run, FG, Win. It was that simple.

NYYF Legend

I can only imagine the bettors and bookies on the 59 over/under looking at this game with no scoring in the first quarter and then the Patriots being blown out until the third quarter, when all of a sudden...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I can only imagine the bettors and bookies on the 59 over/under looking at this game with no scoring in the first quarter and then the Patriots being blown out until the third quarter, when all of a sudden...
    Or the people (like myself) who had Patriots -3 and felt dead in the water at 28-3 yet somehow pulled it off.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Or the people (like myself) who had Patriots -3 and felt dead in the water at 28-3 yet somehow pulled it off.
    hah, nice. That's why I don't gamble, it's all just dumb luck. If you want to gamble at least put the odds in your favor and play the stock market

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    How about how close it came to everyone getting their money back? If the Pats kicked a FG in OT and then stopped Atlanta that would be a push for the spread AND the over/under. Every bet, parlay, tease that included either of those would be refunded.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    2 rings gift wrapped by Seattle and Atlanta. Amazing comeback.
    In my Verne Lundquist ego: "Dan Quinn. Blessed his heart, he has got to be the sickest man in America."

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    The Pats are a public backed team, so a lot of money was wagered on them. This was particularly true during the "in game" betting. Money was coming in on the Pats during the game with live odds- at one point it was ~16-1, I heard.

Plus, the public money was on OT and a 2 point conversion.

Thread Information