+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Agreed, watching the Mets-Royals game Mendoza was horrible. She's a freaking softball player. I hear Jeff Gordon is available maybe he can be hired. They hired her solely to get brownie points with womens groups.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  2. #27

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I'll give her a little time to settle in and find a rhythm. Right now I think she's trying too hard.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  3. #28
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I have no opinion on Mendoza either way, but I do watch Mike & Mike each AM while waking up. For the past month they've spent more time breaking down the freaking NFL's off season than they have discussing the upcoming MLB season. Today they've broken down the NCAA championship game six ways to Sunday, and the only mention MLB got was an acknowledgement to the crowd that the Astros' game had been postponed.

    ESPN really tries to sell it's NFL product, and it's so glaringly at the expense of MLB.

  4. #29
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I have no opinion on Mendoza either way, but I do watch Mike & Mike each AM while waking up. For the past month they've spent more time breaking down the freaking NFL's off season than they have discussing the upcoming MLB season. Today they've broken down the NCAA championship game six ways to Sunday, and the only mention MLB got was an acknowledgement to the crowd that the Astros' game had been postponed.

    ESPN really tries to sell it's NFL product, and it's so glaringly at the expense of MLB.
    MLB is treated like a minor league sport by the four lettered network and it is ridiculous. It's bad enough that they barely acknowledge hockey, they don't have a TV contract, I get it. But they do with baseball and barely focus on it. I can no longer listen to Mike & Mike. I don't think they know how to talk baseball without a guest calling in.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  5. #30
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    MLB is treated like a minor league sport by the four lettered network and it is ridiculous. It's bad enough that they barely acknowledge hockey, they don't have a TV contract, I get it. But they do with baseball and barely focus on it. I can no longer listen to Mike & Mike. I don't think they know how to talk baseball without a guest calling in.
    Greenberg can wax poetic about baseball, but his Neanderthal sidekick cannot. There's an edict from up above to spend as little time talking baseball as possible. It's a joke.

  6. #31
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Jessica seems like a nice person, but I find her commentary boring. Hopefully she gets better with more experience.

  7. #32
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I despise this woman. She ruins every game I watch. Talking about how Castro was 'beat on that pitch' when he hit the double down the line. No he wasn't. He was out in front. It was a changeup. Stick to softball.

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I despise this woman. She ruins every game I watch. Talking about how Castro was 'beat on that pitch' when he hit the double down the line. No he wasn't. He was out in front. It was a changeup. Stick to softball.
    I'm not a fan either. I think she does her homework but gets the wrong answers.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I tried to keep an open mind and watch some of the ESPN game last night and after a few minutes, I felt like a participant in the Bataan Death March. Why they insist on that combination in the booth is beyond me and I am dreading the Sunday night games that the Yankees are in.

  10. #35
    NYYF MVP

    DaBliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orlando

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    The part I hate about her is when she tries to explain common baseball events like understanding them makes her an expert. Really goes out of her way to shoehorn her fake knowledge in. I really don't think she understands the game on a high enough level to be commentating on television, and that actually is a detriment for female broadcasters. Many men will decide that no women should commentate after listening to her (and Suzyn Waldman, who makes Mendoza look like Vin Scully).

  11. #36
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I tried to keep an open mind and watch some of the ESPN game last night and after a few minutes, I felt like a participant in the Bataan Death March. Why they insist on that combination in the booth is beyond me and I am dreading the Sunday night games that the Yankees are in.
    If it makes you feel better (assuming you watched on YES), the ESPN crew calling the Yankee game was worse. Rick Sutcliffe and Doug Glanville make me want to stab my ears. Sutcliffe has always annoyed me, but he was brutal yesterday with the Cubs references. Every comment someone made, he tied back to Cubs/Wrigley. Yeah, we get it - you were a Cub for a minute and they won the WS last year. He might be my second worst behind Hawk Harrelson.

  12. #37
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    The part I hate about her is when she tries to explain common baseball events like understanding them makes her an expert. Really goes out of her way to shoehorn her fake knowledge in. I really don't think she understands the game on a high enough level to be commentating on television, and that actually is a detriment for female broadcasters. Many men will decide that no women should commentate after listening to her (and Suzyn Waldman, who makes Mendoza look like Vin Scully).
    Jessica Ofelia Mendoza is an American former softball player and current broadcaster. At Stanford University, Mendoza was a four-time First Team All-American for the Stanford Cardinal from 1999 to 2002
    Oh I'm sure she understands the game just fine.

    You may not like her, but she's very knowledgeable.

    And I'll take her over Curt Schilling 11 times out of 10.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  13. #38
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I remember when Mendoza first started as the sideline reporter for ESPN and she interviewed Teixeira during a spring training game and she asked him a question about his struggling defense. And Mark, who rightly was flabbergasted, said that his defense was not an issue yet she just continued on as if it were.

  14. #39

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I will give ESPN some props for hiring a woman who may have some crossover knowledge coming from a softball background, and not just straight up eye candy. With that said, as of now she is not very good, but could improve over time.

  15. #40

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    I will give ESPN some props for hiring a woman who may have some crossover knowledge coming from a softball background, and not just straight up eye candy. With that said, as of now she is not very good, but could improve over time.
    I'm going to assume that Suzyn was straight up eye candy. Because I'm not a big fan of her commentary.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  16. #41

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I'm going to assume that Suzyn was straight up eye candy. Because I'm not a big fan of her commentary.
    I just threw up in my mouth. Would you take Jessica over Suzyn?

  17. #42
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth. Would you take Jessica over Suzyn?
    I'd choose a noose and the highest tree limb... good heavens, these broads are bad at broadcasting.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

  18. #43
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I'm going to assume that Suzyn was straight up eye candy. Because I'm not a big fan of her commentary.
    It's much easier to be eye candy on the radio. We can't see her.

  19. #44
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Itu-SP Brasil

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    It's much easier to be eye candy on the radio. We can't see her.
    She's eye candy for Sterling, who sits in the same booth. Of course, he can't see her, either.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  20. #45

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I was really hoping to find out that this thread got bumped because she was being replaced.
    He gone!

  21. #46
    Rawger in Jawge's Bawx ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Looked good tonight. I think she lost a little weight.



  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I'm pretty sure her name is Jennifer.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  23. #48

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I am not a fan. I seems like people are feeding her stuff to say via ear piece.
    The other day she something about watching some guy in college. I had to call bs on that.

    However, I caught a bit of her doing radio this week. She seemed more natural, like when she does softball.
    I'm wondering if the two person set up suits her better?
    I think two person booth is way to go anyway

  24. #49

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    I am really bothered by her wearing sleaveless tops in the booth.
    Don't know why. Maybe it seems too softballish.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Jessica Mendoza hired by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball

    Complaining about a woman going sleeveless, now I've seen everything.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts