Closed Thread
Page 1501 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 501 1001 1401 1451 1491 1498 1499 1500 1501
Results 37,501 to 37,508 of 37508

Thread: Election 2016

Re: Election 2016

Anyone know what Billy Bush is doing today?
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    trump's using Abe Lincoln's bible and his family bible.
    I guess he needs 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant
    What's more special than one bible?

TWO BIBLES.

Bigly bibles.
    Proof positive that you will deride Trump no matter what he does.

Guess who the last President was that was sworn in on two bibles? Barack Obama. And, before him, Truman, Eisenhower, and Nixon.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Proof positive that you will deride Trump no matter what he does.

Guess who the last President was that was sworn in on two bibles? Barack Obama. And, before him, Truman, Eisenhower, and Nixon.
    I didn't realize you needed further proof of that. Apparently I've been doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    that's all well and good. riveting tv. it gives me the giggles when one group calls another group "deplorables" and then goes off the rails themselves.
    Funny, with the way Trump has been behaving, the appointments he's been making, and the Republicans falling all over themselves to get in line behind him - despite going against most of what they've said in the past - it's the left that's going off the rails?

I'm extremely worried, but with my feet on the ground.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    I didn't realize you needed further proof of that. Apparently I've been doing it wrong.
    Don't you realize that when you deride Trump for something that Obama has done previously, you're seen as incredibly shallow and inconsistent?

There's plenty of significant Trump-isms that you can make an issue of. When you include "two bibles," your weightier arguments lose their luster.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Don't you realize that when you deride Trump for something that Obama has done previously, you're seen as incredibly shallow and inconsistent?

There's plenty of significant Trump-isms that you can make an issue of. When you include "two bibles," your weightier arguments lose their luster.
    Yes, but only by those who are shallow and inconsistent in their appraisals of things.

So I'm good!

Iím opening two new threads, one to discuss President Trump, and the other to discuss non-Trump headlines. As the 2016 Election is clearly over, Iím shutting this one down.

I appreciate everyoneís participation. Iíve had to put on my Moderator hat a bit more often than I would have liked, but most people thought this thread wouldnít last two weeks.For the most part, youíve behaved well.

Cheers.

- President Barack Obama

Thread Information