Closed Thread
Page 1461 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 461 961 1361 1411 1451 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1471 ... LastLast
Results 36,501 to 36,525 of 37508

Thread: Election 2016

Re: Election 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    You don't think that matters? I hate to break it to you but the swing states where this stuff matters is what decided the election. I'm generally against protectionism but I can recognize that putting the squeeze on these companies will result in more jobs domestically. When is the last time the us had a true pro-working class president? What did Obama do for these people, what did W do before him?

You should have been able to see this populist movement from a mile away. The fact that Trump is a sleazy egomaniac doesn't really matter. Bernie Sanders would have gotten those same swing voters

actually stands at 42.8%, near his highs, with his disapproval ratings at all time lows:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...able-5493.html

It's inconvenient for many to accept the reality that he was elected. But keep on the drum beat of how "deplorables" are ruining the country. That hyperbole will probably get him re-elected in 2020
    Trump has not "saved at least a couple of car factories". He's taken credit for it and lied about it. That his devout followers believe him is beyond my control.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Trump has not "saved at least a couple of car factories". He's taken credit for it and lied about it. That his devout followers believe him is beyond my control.
    No, the CEO of Ford bluntly said he's opening a factory in the US and not Mexico because of Trump's policy direction:

Ford (F) CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment being created by Donald Trump. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with the president-elect.
    "We didn't cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business," Fields told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Tuesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news...ump/index.html

You can debate on whether he helps people on balance over the next 4 years, but these specific 700 jobs don't exist if Hillary is about to be inaugurated

You don't think that matters? I hate to break it to you but the swing states where this stuff matters is what decided the election. I'm generally against protectionism but I can recognize that putting the squeeze on these companies will result in more jobs domestically. When is the last time the us had a true pro-working class president? What did Obama do for these people, what did W do before him?

You should have been able to see this populist movement from a mile away. The fact that Trump is a sleazy egomaniac doesn't really matter. Bernie Sanders would have gotten those same swing voters

actually stands at 42.8%, near his highs, with his disapproval ratings at all time lows:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...able-5493.html

It's inconvenient for many to accept the reality that he was elected. But keep on the drum beat of how "deplorables" are ruining the country. That hyperbole will probably get him re-elected in 2020
    1 - You guys need to let go of this verbal tic of insisting people need to get over/accept that Trump won the election. We have. What we won't do is acquiesce to your POV on who he is, what he represents, and who voted for him.

2 - It's not a movement. Not a populist revolt. He lost the pop vote by nearly 3m, and barely won the EC. Trump won due to a number of patchwork instances that will not repeat in four years.

His base is the minority in the country, and getting smaller by the day. This was your last outburst. I'd suggest you enjoy it while you can but odds are Dear Leader is going to screw you harder than everyone else, and quicker. Maybe you'll swallow your pride a bit and admit when that happens so you can move forward and get over it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    2 - It's not a movement. Not a populist revolt. He lost the pop vote by nearly 3m, and barely won the EC.
    You state you're not in denial, then proceed to be in denial, and you hope to be taken seriously?

306 to 232 is in no universe "barely" won the EC. The 3M popular vote is something to consider until you realize that the margin in California was +4.3M for Hillary. The day when California decides elections for the country is when we're really in trouble

You state you're not in denial, then proceed to be in denial. And you hope to be taken seriously?

306 to 232 is in no universe "barely" won the EC. The 3M popular vote is something to consider until you realize that the margin in California was +4.3M for Hillary. The day when California decides elections for the country is when we're really in trouble
    You don't understand how the EC works and you hope to be taken seriously?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

No, the CEO of Ford bluntly said he's opening a factory in the US and not Mexico because of Trump's policy direction:

Ford (F) CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment being created by Donald Trump. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with the president-elect.
    "We didn't cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business," Fields told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Tuesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news...ump/index.html

You can debate on whether he helps people on balance over the next 4 years, but these specific 700 jobs don't exist if Hillary is about to be inaugurated
    We can argue about those "pro-business environment" moves. They usually end up hurting workers. Also, if Obama didn't go around the GOP congress there might not even be a Ford Motor Company in 2017.

It's great those 700 Carrier jobs were spared, but how do you not see that it came at a cost of almost $5 million in tax incentives to the company? How is that not the government picking winners & losers (something Obama has been bashed for over and over)?

NYYF Legend

The only populist message that resonates amongst all Trump voters is a simple one:

Anybody but Clinton.

I'm guessing Congress is aware of this, and Trump, the second he takes office, begins his tenure on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The only populist message that resonates amongst all Trump voters is a simple one:

Anybody but Clinton.

I'm guessing Congress is aware of this, and Trump, the second he takes office, begins his tenure on borrowed time.
    Which differs greatly from Anyone but Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Which differs greatly from Anyone but Trump.
    Why yes. Yes it does.

The average of 42.8% includes the Quinnipiac poll, it was 43.5% prior

I think he's taking it seriously, how can anyone not. I think rather he's coming into this pretty much blind which is not necessarily a bad thing and actually what many people like. If you're a proponent of blow it all up (aka drain the swamp) then you want a guy in there with a clean slate to change how things are done. The biggest knock on Obama is that he was a do-nothing president afraid to take action or challenge the status quo on anything. People are putting faith in Trump's deal making ability & willingness. If he turns out to be ineffective then people will move on in 4 years and all of a sudden people won't look the other way on his considerable shortcomings

OK, if you take out the Quinnipiac poll and look at the others, it's 43.5%, If, on the other hand, you take out the others and look at the Quinnipiac poll, it's 37%.

If Trump were taking the job seriously, you might think he'd make some effort to learn something about something. And, really - you can't still take "drain the swamp" seriously, can you?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Why yes. Yes it does.
    No. No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    OK, if you take out the Quinnipiac poll and look at the others, it's 43.5%, If, on the other hand, you take out the others and look at the Quinnipiac poll, it's 37%.

If Trump were taking the job seriously, you might think he'd make some effort to learn something about something. And, really - you can't still take "drain the swamp" seriously, can you?
    (I'll bet) Why yes. Yes he does.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    We can argue about those "pro-business environment" moves. They usually end up hurting workers. Also, if Obama didn't go around the GOP congress there might not even be a Ford Motor Company in 2017.

It's great those 700 Carrier jobs were spared, but how do you not see that it came at a cost of almost $5 million in tax incentives to the company? How is that not the government picking winners & losers (something Obama has been bashed for over and over)?
    The new factory w/ 700 jobs is the Ford car plant opening in Michigan instead of Mexico which is the first real concrete corporate decision made proactively because of Trump's election. The Carrier plant is the one that Trump had Pence step in for as the governor of Indiana to stop from moving. It's a corporate welfare type deal that only saves half the jobs. I disagree with how this was done and I bet most republicans do too. But from the worker punching in every day's perspective, does it matter to him or her? All they care about is being employed and paying the mortgage. That's the neglected base nobody before Trump or Sanders bothered to appeal to

The new factory w/ 700 jobs is the Ford car plant opening in Michigan instead of Mexico which is the first real concrete corporate decision made proactively because of Trump's election. The Carrier plant is the one that Trump had Pence step in for as the governor of Indiana to stop from moving. It's a corporate welfare type deal that only saves half the jobs. I disagree with how this was done and I bet most republicans do too. But from the worker punching in every day's perspective, does it matter to him or her? All they care about is being employed and paying the mortgage. That's the neglected base nobody before Trump or Sanders bothered to appeal to

NYYF Legend

Donald Trump's attorney is now addressing each of the ways he will be committing an impeachable offense every minute he's in the White House.

Not Trump.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/03/ford-...not-trump.html

CEO Mark Fields told CNBC on Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump wasn't the main factor when Ford decided to cancel its plans for a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico.

In an interview on CNBC's "Halftime Report," Fields said the decision not move forward with its San Luis Potosi, Mexico, plant was due to market demand.

"The bottom line is we're not seeing the volume and the demand that we expected for that plant. And, therefore, we're looking at our capacity and saying, 'You know what, we can build that in an existing facility and use capacity that we already have,'" he said.

"Over the last couple of years we've seen small cars markedly decline. Every year we're looking at our capacity. We're looking at our forecast for demand. It became very clear that we didn't need this plant."

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Thank you!

Why was the tax attorney giving a campaign speech for Trump?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Why was the tax attorney giving a campaign speech for Trump?
    It was like sitting through a time share presentation.

Do you know the final decision for Softbank? I read that they decided to invest in the US based on something similar. Someone here countered with an article that said the funds were already there, pre-trump, but that didn't mean much, since where the funds were going to be spent is the question.

Do you know if that was all fake news BS?
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Jesus. This guy is a legitimate threat to our country.

I was in denial. I kept telling myself it can't get worse. Then he goes out and proves it can.

This is a total ................show. I have no more words.
    CONTRACTS and only CONTRACTS determine how much GMs value players

Jesus. This guy is a legitimate threat to our country.

I was in denial. I kept telling myself it can't get worse. Then he goes out and proves it can.
    It's hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricStuff View Post
    This is a total ................show. I have no more words.
    We should have a drinking game for every time Trump says "total" or "totally".

January 20th is really going to get here soon. crap
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information