Closed Thread
Page 1460 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 460 960 1360 1410 1450 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1470 ... LastLast
Results 36,476 to 36,500 of 37508

Thread: Election 2016

  1. #36476

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Of course it does. There is no ambiguity in what I'm communicating.
    So you care a little bit. I do not.

  2. #36477

    Re: Election 2016

    Twitter meltdown.

    Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair!
    Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!
    I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!
    Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

  3. #36478

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Trump has an absolute right to be mad assuming all of the claims aren't true.
    I feel the same way.... but when has facts ever stopped Trump from running with a conspiracy theory or fake news story?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  4. #36479

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Twitter meltdown.
    I truly wish twitter would ban him. They should've done it long ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I feel the same way.... but when has facts ever stopped Trump from running with a conspiracy theory or fake news story?
    Indeed.

  5. #36480
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I feel the same way.... but when has facts ever stopped Trump from running with a conspiracy theory or fake news story?
    Exactly.

    I hope all of it is true and is somehow grounds for his removal, especially if his campaign was in cahoots with Russia. However if it's not true he does have a right to be angry but just look at how he's acting. Like a child. Again.

    When this same asshole attacked Obama for FIVE YEARS about his birth certificate, did Obama write angry all caps tweets? No. He ignored it and gave it as much time and energy as it deserved since it was all bullsh*t. That's how an adult acts.

    Last night I had the pleasure of watching Obama give a moving, heartfelt, eloquent farewell address while at the exact same time the incoming guy was tweeting an angry denial he paid hookers to pee on each other. What have we done?

  6. #36481

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Twitter meltdown.
    I'm thinking he should have gone with a word other than "leak".
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  7. #36482

    Re: Election 2016

    Originally Posted by Soriambi
    Trump has an absolute right to be mad assuming all of the claims aren't true.
    I'm sorry, but what? Are we talking about the same Donald Trump that insisted Obama wasn't a citizen?

    An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud
    .

    Sorry, but we really need to let go of this notion that fairness means disregarding what we know to be true about a person.

    No, Donald Trump has no right to be mad. He will be mad, and he will spew but if this story turns out to be fake and a billion more pop up to take its place, he would have had it coming.

  8. #36483
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Girardi's reprieve...

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'm thinking he should have gone with a word other than "leak".
    This is good kinja.

  9. #36484
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Obama's speech was really nice. I'll miss him.
    He's a great orator. However, his presidency has shown his actions and words are two totally different things.

    #pardonSnowden

  10. #36485
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I think it would change things. Being a despicable moron is one thing, but the idea of being blackmailed by a foreign government is a pretty big difference whether you're a despicable moron or not.
    it should change things. but it won't.

    equally, there were two dozen reasons why he shouldn't have come close to being president let alone actually becoming president.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  11. #36486
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    To me those reports sound unsurprising if true and also unsurprising if fabricated, as those are the obvious things one would fabricate about Trump. Hopefully they aren't found to be true, as I don't think it would result in stability.
    Don't think it matters, like Trump famously said himself, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and it wouldn't affect his poll numbers.

    Trump is a useful idiot, and he'll be popular for as long as he's useful. So far so good, he hasn't spent a day in office and already he's saved at least a couple of car factories

  12. #36487

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Don't think it matters, like Trump famously said himself, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and it wouldn't affect his poll numbers.

    Trump is a useful idiot, and he'll be popular for as long as he's useful. So far so good, he hasn't spent a day in office and already he's saved at least a couple of car factories

  13. #36488
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I truly wish twitter would ban him. They should've done it long ago..
    no.

    you have to let the world see this kind of despicable moron. a light needs to be shone on it all the time. and it works best when the moron is the one holding the torch (flashlight).
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  14. #36489

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Don't think it matters, like Trump famously said himself, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and it wouldn't affect his poll numbers.

    Trump is a useful idiot, and he'll be popular for as long as he's useful. So far so good, he hasn't spent a day in office and already he's saved at least a couple of car factories
    No he hasn't, and he's not popular. The only people he's been useful to are those that want to undermine our country.

  15. #36490
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Just wondering, Mr. Maynerd. Referring HRC as Edmund Hillary is awful weird to me. You're comparing HRC to the 1st climber to reach Mt. Everest, was a navigator in the Royal New Zealand AF and for years was a staunch activist for the Sherpas.
    What's the deal?
    She had made a statement that she had been named after Edmund Hillary. However, when she was born, he had not yet summited Everest, and was unknown. Obviously, the statement was a blatant lie, and served absolutely no purpose. One instance among many where she proved incapable of telling the truth.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  16. #36491
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Exactly.

    I hope all of it is true and is somehow grounds for his removal, especially if his campaign was in cahoots with Russia. However if it's not true he does have a right to be angry but just look at how he's acting. Like a child. Again.

    When this same asshole attacked Obama for FIVE YEARS about his birth certificate, did Obama write angry all caps tweets? No. He ignored it and gave it as much time and energy as it deserved since it was all bullsh*t. That's how an adult acts.

    Last night I had the pleasure of watching Obama give a moving, heartfelt, eloquent farewell address while at the exact same time the incoming guy was tweeting an angry denial he paid hookers to pee on each other. What have we done?
    damn good question. said it before: both the UK and US had tests in 2016. both failed them miserably.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  17. #36492

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    it should change things. but it won't.

    equally, there were two dozen reasons why he shouldn't have come close to being president let alone actually becoming president.
    Quite correct. His followers have been trained to listen to only Dear Leader.

  18. #36493
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Election 2016

    Welp, gotta reset the counter; again. Maybe, perhaps, someday it'll get to 2.


  19. #36494
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Don't think it matters, like Trump famously said himself, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and it wouldn't affect his poll numbers.

    You mean his 37% approval ratings?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  20. #36495
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Watching my President from ORD.
    Jesus Christ I'm gonna miss him. All my kids are watching and the bright eyes and engagement is so precious.
    My background spends much more training time and attention to "leadership," rather than "management." You manage resources; you lead people. The missing piece to all that training is a solid definition of leadership. It's treated like Potter Stewart's description of obscenity.....I know it when I see it.


    So, I developed my own. For years, I've used three things to define a leader:
    - someone who can craft a vision for an organization's future,
    - someone who can communicate that vision to the people in the organization, and motivate them to achieve it,
    - someone who can provide the people with the resources they need to accomplish it.


    Obama qualifies under all three criteria. He's more than coolness and oratory. I didn't necessarily agree with all parts of his agenda, and I've frequently had concerns with executive overreach, but I have never questioned his leadership. And that leadership piece, to me, is very, very important.


    I fear Mr Trump will try to communicate any vision he has via Twitter, and his attempts to motivate others will be by berating them. Americans will quickly yearn for Obama's coolness, his oratory, and most definitely his leadership.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  21. #36496
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    So you care a little bit. I do not.

    If you had no knowledge of idiomatic English - if you knew no English, in fact, and were translating literally, word-for-word from an Arizona-English dictionary, you might be confused by my phrasing. However, in that case, you would probably be confused by a whole lot of things that are said to you.


    Your objection has nothing to do with actual language use. You did not read my post and say, "Ah, he means that he cares a little bit." You read it and said, "Gotcha! A phrase that, if analyzed literally according to rules of grammar, means the exact opposite of what I actually do know he is saying!" Yes, it means the opposite, hence my use of the word "ironic." The phrase has a better ring, and it's more fun in casual use, especially since it pisses off some people. But since there's zero loss of communicative value - you knew exactly what I was saying - it don't make no nevermind to me if you disapprove.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  22. #36497
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    he hasn't spent a day in office and already he's saved at least a couple of car factories
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    You don't think that matters? I hate to break it to you but the swing states where this stuff matters is what decided the election. I'm generally against protectionism but I can recognize that putting the squeeze on these companies will result in more jobs domestically. When is the last time the us had a true pro-working class president? What did Obama do for these people, what did W do before him?

    You should have been able to see this populist movement from a mile away. The fact that Trump is a sleazy egomaniac doesn't really matter. Bernie Sanders would have gotten those same swing voters


    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You mean his 37% approval ratings?
    actually stands at 42.8%, near his highs, with his disapproval ratings at all time lows:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...able-5493.html

    It's inconvenient for many to accept the reality that he was elected. But keep on the drum beat of how "deplorables" are ruining the country. That hyperbole will probably get him re-elected in 2020

  23. #36498
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    My background spends much more training time and attention to "leadership," rather than "management." You manage resources; you lead people. The missing piece to all that training is a solid definition of leadership. It's treated like Potter Stewart's description of obscenity.....I know it when I see it.


    So, I developed my own. For years, I've used three things to define a leader:
    - someone who can craft a vision for an organization's future,
    - someone who can communicate that vision to the people in the organization, and motivate them to achieve it,
    - someone who can provide the people with the resources they need to accomplish it.


    Obama qualifies under all three criteria. He's more than coolness and oratory. I didn't necessarily agree with all parts of his agenda, and I've frequently had concerns with executive overreach, but I have never questioned his leadership. And that leadership piece, to me, is very, very important.


    I fear Mr Trump will try to communicate any vision he has via Twitter, and his attempts to motivate others will be by berating them. Americans will quickly yearn for Obama's coolness, his oratory, and most definitely his leadership.

    That's a good set of criteria, Maynerd. I might add integrity; if people have confidence that the vision you're articulating really is your vision, and that you really will follow through on what you say, they will respond more positively. If, on the other hand, they suspect that you're giving them a load of crap, that the vision could change tomorrow and the follow-through will depend on your attention span, they'll respond differently.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  24. #36499
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    You don't think that matters? I hate to break it to you but the swing states where this stuff matters is what decided the election. I'm generally against protectionism but I can recognize that putting the squeeze on these companies will result in more jobs domestically. When is the last time the us had a true pro-working class president? What did Obama do for these people, what did W do before him?

    You should have been able to see this populist movement from a mile away. The fact that Trump is a sleazy egomaniac doesn't really matter. Bernie Sanders would have gotten those same swing voters



    actually stands at 42.8%, near his highs, with his disapproval ratings at all time lows:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...able-5493.html

    It's inconvenient for many to accept the reality that he was elected. But keep on the drum beat of how "deplorables" are ruining the country. That hyperbole will probably get him re-elected in 2020



    Latest poll, from Quinnipiac - a week later than any of the others that figure in the average - is 37%.


    I'm done caring about Trump voters, I'm on to caring about Trump. I accept the reality that he was elected, I'm just not convinced that he's taking it seriously.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  25. #36500
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Election 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Latest poll, from Quinnipiac - a week later than any of the others that figure in the average - is 37%.
    The average of 42.8% includes the Quinnipiac poll, it was 43.5% prior

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'm done caring about Trump voters, I'm on to caring about Trump. I accept the reality that he was elected, I'm just not convinced that he's taking it seriously.
    I think he's taking it seriously, how can anyone not. I think rather he's coming into this pretty much blind which is not necessarily a bad thing and actually what many people like. If you're a proponent of blow it all up (aka drain the swamp) then you want a guy in there with a clean slate to change how things are done. The biggest knock on Obama is that he was a do-nothing president afraid to take action or challenge the status quo on anything. People are putting faith in Trump's deal making ability & willingness. If he turns out to be ineffective then people will move on in 4 years and all of a sudden people won't look the other way on his considerable shortcomings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 24 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 24 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts