Closed Thread
Page 1459 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 459 959 1359 1409 1449 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1469 ... LastLast
Results 36,451 to 36,475 of 37508

Thread: Election 2016

Re: Election 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    CBS News a good source?

Classified U.S. intel report: Russia gathered compromising info on Trump - CBS News

Multiple government and intelligence officials tell CBS News that an annex to the classified intelligence report on Russia’s efforts to interfere in the U.S. election contained unverified details of potentially compromising information that Russia has gathered on President-elect Donald Trump.

U.S. intelligence is in the process of corroborating the details of what the Russians may have, but the officials tell CBS News that the former British investigator and his network is credible. Because this information is so sensitive, the annex was not part of the classified report that was distributed to a wider group of people last week.
    Russian election interference and Trump's Twitter habit

A source tells CBS News it was part of the most classified report, that only would have been presented to the president, the president-elect and Gang of 8, which is compromised of the top Democrat and Republican in the House and the Senate and the chair and ranking members of the House and Senate Intelligence committees. - CBS News
    You're not getting the point. CBS News is a legitimate source, the Times is a legitimate source, etc, but they're all reporting that this memo exists, which is self-evident, and what the memo says. All of the widespread reports funnel back to this report by the British investigator, who we don't know much about other than that unnamed sources have described him as credible. He could have some sort of agenda, though. I also find it more than a bit odd that with all of the highly skilled reporters and opposition researchers digging for stuff like this, this guy's the only one who managed to obtain all of it. I am skeptical of the information, and hope I am right.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'm conflicted on it, too. It's published without whatever context may have been in the report, whatever assessment the agencies may have made, whatever analysis they included - or whether those things were there at all. Once someone who may or may or be on Ron Wyden's staff leaked it, it was going to be published, though, and it was done with some responsibility - even Buzzfeed says out front that it should be viewed skeptically, at best.

But please, don't give me that "owe it to the people to let them decide for themselves" nonsense. Lacking any more info, there's no basis for making an informed decision. Just call it what it is - the best clickbait you've ever had.
    Absolutely agree with this. Maybe they convinced themselves of that, but it's laugh out loud disingenuous. One thing that's confusing me a bit is that it seems like the story has been widely circulating among politicians and media for months. I don't understand why no one seems to have run with it until now (even a rag or tabloid somewhere.)
    -Kevin

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Obama's speech was really nice. I'll miss him.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

Source: The Guardian

Senator John McCain passed documents to the FBI director, James Comey, last month alleging secret contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow and that Russian intelligence had personally compromising material on the president-elect himself.

The material, which has been seen by the Guardian, is a series of reports on Trump’s relationship with Moscow. They were drawn up by a former western counter-intelligence official, now working as a private consultant.

The Guardian can confirm that the documents reached the top of the FBI by December. Senator John McCain, who was informed about the existence of the documents separately by an intermediary from a western allied state, dispatched an emissary overseas to meet the source and then decided to present the material to Comey in a one-on-one meeting on 9 December, according to a source aware of the meeting. The documents, which were first reported on last year by Mother Jones, are also in the hands of officials in the White House.

McCain is not thought to have made a judgment on the reliability of the documents but was sufficiently impressed by the source’s credentials to feel obliged to pass them to the FBI.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    have lived in the US for a little over three years. saying "i lived in his america" is something i will forever consider a privilege.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

George Takei, minutes ago: I wonder if Trump's press conference tomorrow will have a live stream.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    George Takei, minutes ago: I wonder if Trump's press conference tomorrow will have a live stream.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

I couldn't watch. Too much.

Obama is very smooth, very likable, and comes across as caring about everyone. He avoided scandal and brought dignity to the WH. Sure, he has his detractors, too, just like all of the other presidents. But, I think history will be kind to him.

I'll miss him as POTUS.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Obama is very smooth, very likable, and comes across as caring about everyone. Sure, he has his detractors, too, just like all of the other presidents. But, I think history will be kind to him.

I'll miss him as POTUS.
    Caught your edit there. I was confused for a second. Oops.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

Caught your edit there. I was confused for a second. Oops.
    Ha ha...I proof read it and said, WTF?!
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

Can't wait for Trump's inaugurination.

#PEEOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    none of this really changes anything.

he was a despicable moron 12 months ago. he was a despicable moron 12 weeks ago. he was a despicable moron 12 hours ago.

he will be the president of the US in 12 days time.
    I think it would change things. Being a despicable moron is one thing, but the idea of being blackmailed by a foreign government is a pretty big difference whether you're a despicable moron or not.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

Attached Images

I think it would change things. Being a despicable moron is one thing, but the idea of being blackmailed by a foreign government is a pretty big difference whether you're a despicable moron or not.
    Wasn't it already pretty obvious that Russia in all probability had stuff on Trump to begin with?

And what Trump supporter have you ever met that didn't look like they probably enjoyed a good golden shower? So don't think this will have any impact on his political standing amongst his supporters anyway.

So. What happens if this stuff is verified prior to swearing in or after?

there are so many funny tweets about this:

Hey Trump. Everyone is talking about the new #goldenshowers scandal, but we're waiting for urinalysis
    Did the Russians track him down by his I.Pee address?
    This what they mean by trickle down economics?!
    You can't spell Trump without the P!
    And some in the GOP were worried about how to explain gay marriage to their kids. #Goldenshowers #PEEOTUS
    Obama you're out, Trump urine
    I know I shouldn't laugh...
    “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

[QUOTE=b-ball-lunachick;8231122]there are so many funny tweets about this:
    Go ahead laugh. They were hilarious!

If trump had Russian hookers pee on a bed that the Obamas' slept in.............WTF is he gonna do to the White House?

NYYF Legend

To me those reports sound unsurprising if true and also unsurprising if fabricated, as those are the obvious things one would fabricate about Trump. Hopefully they aren't found to be true, as I don't think it would result in stability.

NYYF Legend

Why is everyone assuming pissing?

What do you think it would change? Clearly Republicans DGAF what he does.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Why is everyone assuming pissing?
    B
    Because the "leak" did not mention a Kentucky Klondike Bar or an Alabama Hot Pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    oh my
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    No. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
    Of course it does. There is no ambiguity in what I'm communicating.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information