+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 244 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6080

Re: Another day, another mass shooting in America

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Holy hell, he didn’t.
    You know he did.
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

Holy hell, he didn’t.

Sunday services will never be the same...

http://s15858.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl.../machete-1.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Holy hell, he didn’t.
    Not even surprised. Not even a little. He's trash. Everyone who still supports him is complicit.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Not even surprised. Not even a little. He's trash. Everyone who still supports him is complicit.
    I've been saying that for two years now. It was never any less true. The "economic insecurity" is alive and well.
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

For anyone in NYC, tonight there will be a vigil in Union Square at 7pm.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Jeez, we didn’t even mention the Louisville Kroger in this thread?

NBC News Verified account @NBCNews

BREAKING: 11 dead and multiple others injured in mass shooting at bar in Thousands Oaks, California, police say. https://nbcnews.to/2yVz8cQ
    The well-regulated militia strikes again.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The well-regulated militia strikes again.
    Evidently some in the building last night were also in the audience at the Las Vegas mass shooting. It is now happening so often, now some experience it twice!
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

There’s probably money to be made in a set of mass shootings trading cards. You’d need to do it right though. Like, Sandy Hook Elementary would be the gold standard card to have. Extremely rare.

Oh and..Thoughts and prayers.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Senator-elect Marsha Blackburn gets asked about the Thousand Oaks mass shooting, and literally the first thing she says is "What we do is say how do we make certain that we protect the 2nd Amendment." This is why the NRA spent over $1 million supporting her.

Video linked here.
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1060544143250935808

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Senator-elect Marsha Blackburn gets asked about the Thousand Oaks mass shooting, and literally the first thing she says is "What we do is say how do we make certain that we protect the 2nd Amendment." This is why the NRA spent over $1 million supporting her.

Video linked here.
    Boomer hag.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Boomer hag.
    nice cross thread tie in
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodyyanksfan View Post
    senator-elect marsha blackburn gets asked about the thousand oaks mass shooting, and literally the first thing she says is "what we do is say how do we make certain that we protect the 2nd amendment." this is why the nra spent over $1 million supporting her.

Video linked here.
    and protect our citizens. Dude come on, you quoted half of her statement
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    and protect our citizens. Dude come on, you quoted half of her statement
    This is true, but mentioning protecting the second amendement before mentioning protecting citizens isnt exactly much better. Clearly the NRA is getting their money’s worth here.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    This is true, but mentioning protecting the second amendement before mentioning protecting citizens isnt exactly much better. Clearly the NRA is getting their money’s worth here.
    Does it really matter which one is mentioned first? She’s putting them together. It’s a real issue we need to figure out. How do we protect our right to own a gun as law abiding citizens, and also make sure they don’t get into the wrong hands.

Saying “we need to protect our second amendment” is a gazillion times different than “we need to figure out how to protect our second amendment and also protect our citizens”

I think everyone can agree on that if you support the right to atleast own a hand gun.

I suspect many on the left want to just get rid of guns all together. I mean, what do you do about all the killings in Chicago that are done with handguns?
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Well California did want to outlaw the type of high capacity magazine used in the shooting. But god forbid the Federal Judiciary allow even reasonable common sense restrictions. So they blocked it as unconstitutional.
    Baseball is life;

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Well California did want to outlaw the type of high capacity magazine used in the shooting. But god forbid the Federal Judiciary allow even reasonable common sense restrictions. So they blocked it as unconstitutional.
    Also it doesn’t matter how strong California’s gun laws are if you have a car and can drive to a neighboring state with weak gun laws.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Does it really matter which one is mentioned first? She’s putting them together. It’s a real issue we need to figure out. How do we protect our right to own a gun as law abiding citizens, and also make sure they don’t get into the wrong hands.

Saying “we need to protect our second amendment” is a gazillion times different than “we need to figure out how to protect our second amendment and also protect our citizens”

I think everyone can agree on that if you support the right to atleast own a hand gun.

I suspect many on the left want to just get rid of guns all together. I mean, what do you do about all the killings in Chicago that are done with handguns?
    The elections that just concluded had one republican after another, including Trump, saying that Democrats want to repeal the 2nd amendment and take away your guns, which is a bunch of lying BS. Democrats want tougher and more thorough background checks, and a ban on human killing machines being the assault rifles. Nobody wants to take away the rights of citizens to have guns to protect themselves but they need to be able to verify that they have a clean background and a sound mind. That's not much to ask.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    The elections that just concluded had one republican after another, including Trump, saying that Democrats want to repeal the 2nd amendment and take away your guns, which is a bunch of lying BS. Democrats want tougher and more thorough background checks, and a ban on human killing machines being the assault rifles. Nobody wants to take away the rights of citizens to have guns to protect themselves but they need to be able to verify that they have a clean background and a sound mind. That's not much to ask.
    Okay. They want to ban assault rifles...Most of the killings via guns in this country are being done with handguns though

NYYF Legend

Okay. They want to ban assault rifles...Most of the killings via guns in this country are being done with handguns though
    Most of the mass shooting that draw heavy attention are not with low capacity magazine hand guns. They are are typically done with assault type weapons and/or high capacity rapid fire hand guns.

And yes I'm sure there are some who want to totally ban all guns and repeal the 2nd amendment. I suspect they are a small minority.

Most are like the folks who Bub describe, perfectly OK with hunting rifles and low capacity hand guns for protection. We just sane laws governing their purchase.

Heck I'd be fine if they didn't change any laws but put a 100% excise tax on gun purchases and 400% tax on ammunition to fund benefits for victims of gun violence and pay for gun safety educational training.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Most of the mass shooting that draw heavy attention are not with low capacity magazine hand guns. They are are typically done with assault type weapons and/or high capacity rapid fire hand guns.

And yes I'm sure there are some who want to totally ban all guns and repeal the 2nd amendment. I suspect they are a small minority.

Most are like the folks who Bub describe, perfectly OK with hunting rifles and low capacity hand guns for protection. We just sane laws governing their purchase.

Heck I'd be fine if they didn't change any laws but put a 100% excise tax on gun purchases and 400% tax on ammunition to fund benefits for victims of gun violence and pay for gun safety educational training.
    I’m not talking about mass shootings. I’m talking murders with guns. Most of them are being done with handguns. How do we stop that, or do they not matter as much as mass shootings?

While that is true, there are still mass shootings with the assault rifles, and since they have no other purpose than to kill as many people as possible quickly, why keep them available to citizens when they should be strictly military grade weapons?
    Let the kids play.

So? Assault weapons are the drug of choice for mass shooters and are not a necessary part of a civilized society. Hand guns need to be addressed by universal background checks and waiting periods, closing any loopholes to get around those changes, people that own firearms should be certified and licensed. Laws like those in NY or NJ should be federal laws. 60% of the guns recovered in Chicago shootings came from out of state. States with stronger gun laws have fewer gun deaths. It's a right wing myth that the left wants to take your guns away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    While that is true, there are still mass shootings with the assault rifles, and since they have no other purpose than to kill as many people as possible quickly, why keep them available to citizens when they should be strictly military grade weapons?
    Okay? But again, what do we do about murders with handguns. How do we fix that?

I’m not talking about mass shootings. I’m talking murders with guns. Most of them are being used by handguns. How do we stop that, or do they not matter as much as mass shootings?
    Stopping it isn't going to happen, not with the millions of handguns out there. How about we start with penalties if you're caught with an unregistered handgun that are so severe that even criminals would think twice about having one? Re-registration of guns along with updated background checks every few years, plus mental health screening. We should do everything we can to keep the guns in the hands of responsible people, but that's hard to do when the NRA is out there trying to get as many people as possible owning one.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information