+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2015 New York Jets Thread

Over the years there have been worse teams than the Jets. For instance the Lions have won one playoff game since 1957! But the Jets seem to be like the Pre 94 Rangers or Pre 2004 Red Sox. Things always go wrong for them. Sunday was at least the 4th time in the last 20 years where the Jets needed to win their last game to make the playoffs. I know 3 times they lost the game and the time they did win, 2001 at Oakland (Their first win at Oakland in almost 36 years) all it meant was they had to go back to Oakland the next week for the playoff game that of course they lost. Or back in the mid 1990's when the Jets were so bad that they had the #1 pick in the draft for 2 consecutive seasons. Probably the only 2 years when not one "Franchise QB " was there to be picked. Of course the following year about 4 of them were out there. Including Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Over the years there have been worse teams than the Jets. For instance the Lions have won one playoff game since 1957! But the Jets seem to be like the Pre 94 Rangers or Pre 2004 Red Sox. Things always go wrong for them. Sunday was at least the 4th time in the last 20 years where the Jets needed to win their last game to make the playoffs. I know 3 times they lost the game and the time they did win, 2001 at Oakland (Their first win at Oakland in almost 36 years) all it meant was they had to go back to Oakland the next week for the playoff game that of course they lost. Or back in the mid 1990's when the Jets were so bad that they had the #1 pick in the draft for 2 consecutive seasons. Probably the only 2 years when not one "Franchise QB " was there to be picked. Of course the following year about 4 of them were out there. Including Peyton Manning.
    They would have just taken Ryan Leaf.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    You should try watching a NY Rangers' game with my wife.
    she must be fit to be tied by now............

Time to reset the luxury tax melon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    They would have just taken Ryan Leaf.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, perfectly orchestrating things to get knocked out of the playoffs in a trap game by the coach you just fired (and who goes out of his way to annoy you, like making IK a captain when they play) is pretty magical.

NYYF Legend

And of course coming one week after beating the best team in the conference

NYYF Legend

Fitzpatrick & Jets agree on a 1-yera deal, 12 million fully guaranteed plus 3 million in incentives

NYYF Legend

didn't realize this was an old thread. New thread up here:
    http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...49#post8168049

NYYF MVP

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Ouch. Looks like BB once again knew when to cut and run. Better to cut ties a year too early than a year too late.

NYYF Legend

Welp.

Let me know when I can see if Petty is a starting NFL quarterback. Not likely but rather see what he's got than watch what I already know re: Fitzpatrick who is nothing more than a great backup.

NYYF Legend

yeah Fitzpatrick is hot garbage. Not as hot as VaGeno but a waste of other offensive talents nonetheless. I also want to see Petty start badly. But even if he turns out to be Tom Brady, it won't do a thing about this terrible coaching and non-existent pass defense

NYYF Legend

I'm not saying it's why they lost, but that was a terribly officiated game. Four calls had to be overturned on replay, and the Patriots got away with an obvious false start, fair catch interference, and two clear PI penalties.

Still...Fitz can't be fumbling on that last drive.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I'm not saying it's why they lost, but that was a terribly officiated game. Four calls had to be overturned on replay, and the Patriots got away with an obvious false start, fair catch interference, and two clear PI penalties.

Still...Fitz can't be fumbling on that last drive.
    All that fumble did was prevent Fitzpatrick from getting intercepted which is what probably would have happened at some point .

NYYF Legend

Bowels just has no ability to get the best out of his players. And why the hell does he keep starting Fitzpatrick, is there even a single reason? It should be Petty & Hackenberg the whole way through from here

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    That they overturned that fair catch interference was infuriating. The ref's mic cut out when he was offering an explanation, so still have no clue what the reasoning as. Mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Bowels just has no ability to get the best out of his players. And why the hell does he keep starting Fitzpatrick, is there even a single reason? It should be Petty & Hackenberg the whole way through from here
    Totally true.

Thread Information