+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2015 New York Jets Thread

Is this thing on?

A lot to like out of yesterday's win in the opener, and even better news today that Mauldin is out of the hospital with only a concussion diagnosis and Cro somehow, someway didn't tear his ACL on that play - just a sprain.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Re: 2015 New York Jets Thread

Jets looked great on Sunday. I think we'll learn a lot more this coming Monday. It was the Browns, after all. I'm much, much more comfortably with Fitzpatrick back there than with Smith.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    It was the Browns, after all. I'm much, much more comfortably with Fitzpatrick back there than with Smith.
    By default, certainly. I still have some misgivings about whether the "make Fitzpatrick a 'game manager' QB" plan is going to work. He's always been sort of a gunslinger and we saw that in the first half when he tried to jam a ball into coverage and got picked off, thank God Brandon Marshall came along with the gorgeous rip-away or things could have started to get ugly.

Was at the game. Ivory after first contact is a joy watch and Marshall's strip after the Fitz INT was the turning point or play of the game. Watching Lorenzo on the ground motionless for so long was ................ing heartbreaking so I'm incredibly relieved the guy only came away with a concussion. I also cannot believe Cro only came away with a sprain. We all instantly thought blown ACL when we saw him snipered and go down without any contact.

NYYF Legend

Yes?

YES.

Crossing my fingers they get another break on a knee injury with Decker, but not hopeful.

NYYF Legend

Revis and co can probably will them to 10-6 if things break right, but I feel like we've seen this kind of team before. Turnovers (esp fumble recoveries) all going their way right now, and while Fitzpatrick is probably the best "game manager" we've had since Pennington (discounting that first half season of Favre when he was great), when we are behind in a game and minus Decker he'll look average and worse fast. I don't think the Ivory-Powell run game is ever going to be a unit that can carry you.

I'm enjoying this, but its hard to get carried away with it.

NYYF Legend

All the haters saying the only reason the Jets won is because the Colts suck. They said that in week 1, that the Browns suck but then the Browns go out and dominate their game in week 2. Oddsmakers are favoring the Eagles @ the Jets this Thursday and the Jets are still way down on most power rankings. They get no respect, especially Fitzpatrick. I think the Jets are going to make a serious playoff run, they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. They definitely don't have an elite quarterback but Fitz is more than good enough

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    All the haters saying the only reason the Jets won is because the Colts suck. They said that in week 1, that the Browns suck but then the Browns go out and dominate their game in week 2. Oddsmakers are favoring the Eagles @ the Jets this Thursday and the Jets are still way down on most power rankings. They get no respect, especially Fitzpatrick. I think the Jets are going to make a serious playoff run, they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. They definitely don't have an elite quarterback but Fitz is more than good enough
    Thats interesting considering a lot of predictions had to Colts making it to the SB.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Thats interesting considering a lot of predictions had to Colts making it to the SB.
    Find me one person saying that today. Their GM is also apparently now on the hot seat

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Find me one person saying this today. Their GM is also apparently now on the hot seat
    Oh no I am agreeing with you. That saying the Jets won because of "X" is ridiculous. It shows what having a halfway competent QB can make a difference

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Oh no I am agreeing with you. That saying the Jets won because of "X" is ridiculous. It shows what having a halfway competent QB can make a difference
    I like Todd Bowles a lot, he's all business and a respected football man. That's not a knock on Rex, because I love the guy, but the team needed to have more structure and better all around management. What I didn't like last night was the lack of adjustment on the running game. Ivory was going NOWHERE, kept running into a wall every time yet they refused to just open up the passing game and it cost the jets a lot of points. Shouldn't be afraid to let Fitzpatrick loose a little more, because teams are going to be focussed on taking away that running game by design

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Yes?

YES.

Crossing my fingers they get another break on a knee injury with Decker, but not hopeful.
    Sprained knee, day to day.

NYYF Legend

I woke up early and elected to schlep all the kids to cheer my wife on at her race instead of staying home to watch the first half. It was one of those decisions that I did out of duty to my marriage, not because it was what I really wanted to be doing.

I am one lucky SOB today.

NYYF Legend

Wow, the way this game played out is like every game of the Rex Ryan era, right down to a stupid penalty taking away a big stop and effectively ending the game. Nauseating.

I had a feeling the Jets were going to march down the field on their final drive. What a stupid penalty on Coples, he wasn't even in on the play.

NYYF Legend

Jets up 13-7, but Fitzpatrick is just an awful decision maker with woefully poor accuracy.

Ivory ate his Wheaties today.

Solid win today going into the bye. The penalties and punt coverage were really the only issues.

NYYF Legend

Nice to see the team struggle to separate from an inferior opponent in the first half, but then come out in the second half and immediately blow their doors off.

NYYF Legend

Ugh, hopefully Fitzpatrick is ok. And Ivory looks like crap.

NYYF Legend

Well, this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Well, this sucks.
    Hey, at least you guys had the least depressing NY loss of the day.

NYYF Legend

That was such a weird game. It felt like they were in control the whole time, except when they weren't.

Whatever, they won and Fitzpatrick looks healthy.

That was such a weird game. It felt like they were in control the whole time, except when they weren't.

Welcome to Jaguars football in 2015. That's pretty much how all of their games other than the Pats game have gone. They've improved enough to where they are in pretty much every game, but not enough to actually win those games.

Jets need to learn the concept of "stepping on their neck".

Thread Information