+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

2015 New York Giants Thread

Okay.....

The 2015-16 season is upon us. The schedule as you is out:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgian...edule?team=NYG

And the draft is Thursday. Who do we pick? Who's available in free agency? We need guys in the trenches- OLine & DLinemen. I'm done with predicting who Reese & the Giants pick. Didn't see the OBJ pick last year and I expect a surprise this year too.

The drive for Super Bowl win #5 starts now!

GO GIANTS!!!!!
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Re: 2015 New York Giants Thread

SI mock has us taking a WR which I say NO! We need defense, defense and defense. On offense our needs are OL, TE and RB. WR is probably the last position we need to worry about.

Definetly not gonna take a TE or RB at #9. I am also not enamored with taking an OL either because the two guys everyone attaches us too (Scherff and Flowers) bring back terrible value at that spot. Scherff very likely will end up at guard, and you just do not take guards that high in the 1st round. Flowers is more of a project. Defense? The guys I really like will be gone (Fowler and Williams), Ray and Gregory have off field issues that the Giants normally stay away from. You could take the corner Trae Waynes who will probably be there.

We're in a weird spot at #9 because our "needs" dont match up with where were picking. I'd say trade down but that is not in Reese's MO. If Cooper is there, I'm taking him. I'd probably take White or Parker too. Go BPA and that gives us a dynamite WR corps.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    We're in a weird spot at #9 because our "needs" dont match up with where were picking. I'd say trade down but that is not in Reese's MO. If Cooper is there, I'm taking him. I'd probably take White or Parker too. Go BPA and that gives us a dynamite WR corps.
    Agreed. It doesn't 'feel' right but I'd rather take a playmaker than reach for the next Justin Pugh.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Definetly not gonna take a TE or RB at #9. I am also not enamored with taking an OL either because the two guys everyone attaches us too (Scherff and Flowers) bring back terrible value at that spot. Scherff very likely will end up at guard, and you just do not take guards that high in the 1st round. Flowers is more of a project. Defense? The guys I really like will be gone (Fowler and Williams), Ray and Gregory have off field issues that the Giants normally stay away from. You could take the corner Trae Waynes who will probably be there.

No way Cooper makes it to 9. But I'd love to see them trade back at #9 and stockpile some picks. SF could be a match if White/Parker are still on the board.

Time to reset the luxury tax melon's Avatar

This is one of many articles discussing the Giants' needs. I agree with pass rusher, OL, and safety. I hope the team will take a look at Chicago's Bennett (TE), who is supposedly available in a trade.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2203809

Stevie Brown signed with Houston, so that safety market is getting really thin.

I like Landon Collins alot, but taking him at 9 would be a significant reach

I would be pretty surprised if the pick wasnt either Flowers, Peat or Scherff. If Cooper somehow falls to them then I can see them going with him, but there is zero chance of Cooper (or Leonard) making it to 9.

Cruz is expected to be ready by opening day (as per his own words).

Is the FO skeptical, and that's why they're being linked to Cooper? Because with OBJ and a healthy Cruz, there are more pressing positions to fill.

NYYF Legend

I will throw my computer out the window if he draft another receiver. Do these experts pay attention to what this team really needs?

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Cruz is expected to be ready by opening day (as per his own words).

Is the FO skeptical, and that's why they're being linked to Cooper? Because with OBJ and a healthy Cruz, there are more pressing positions to fill.
    The front office would be foolish to consider Cruz likely to be a valuable contributor this season.

I don't think Cooper will be there at 9, but I think it would be a big mistake to pass him up if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I will throw my computer out the window if he draft another receiver. Do these experts pay attention to what this team really needs?
    Why wouldn't they need him? Cruz is far from a sure thing this year and Randle is average at best.

NYYF Triple Crown

Washington took Scherff. Darn.....

Wanted the GMen to take him.

If the Giants wanted Scherff, they should have been much more quiet about it.

Reminds me of the Knicks talking up Stephan Curry and they lost out.

With White and Cooper off the board, please don't take a WR.

Give Spags a defensive player, or let's get an OT to protect Eli.

Flowers

Good pick.

OT Flowers from Miami. 6'6", 330 lbs.

Now, take good care of Eli.

NYYF Triple Crown

Good pick for the GMen. Flowers is a big, strong kid who moves well and has long arms. Can't complain.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Why wouldn't they need him? Cruz is far from a sure thing this year and Randle is average at best.
    Far too many other needs besides WR and our passing game is not the problem. Get a TE who can catch and block and a RB on day 3. I am happy with taking a OL but tomorrow should be all about defense. We need a Safety, OLB and DL.

Safety/LB should be round 2. I like Shaq Thompson if he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Far too many other needs besides WR and our passing game is not the problem. Get a TE who can catch and block and a RB on day 3. I am happy with taking a OL but tomorrow should be all about defense. We need a Safety, OLB and DL.
    BPA, which would rule out TE.

Pretty awful pick. Flowers is a decent run blocker, but is a questionable pass protector and has major issues with edge rushers. He's more of a project that has a chance to work out. You dont take "projects" in the Top 10 of drafts. If you're taking an OL that high he has to be a sure thing.

Should have traded down or just went BPA. Of course, according to Paul Schwartz, Flowers was the #1 ranked guy on the Giants board when our pick came around. That in itself is disconcerting to say the least.

I haven't read anything suggesting he's a project. McShay thought it was a great pick.

He's a project in that he isnt ready. Its not like they can just slot him into the starting lineup in Week 1 without any concerns and expect him to play well. He's going to struggle. He needs alot of work. He has tools (the dreaded "upside" word) but he's raw. His footwork needs significant improvement, he needs to improve his technique in handling edge rushers (and I question whether he simply has the ability to do so). Are these things that we can work on w/him? Sure and obviously the hope at this point is he gets better and becomes a LT.

There are alot of question marks though and he needs substantial improvement to become an upper echelon OL. I guess my point was when you pick an OL in the Top 10, he needs to be a guy who very few (if any) question marks.

I would assume next year he'll play on the inside. If thats all he ends up being, then it will really be a bad pick.

Thread Information