+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2015 New York Giants Thread

Again, nobody is watching preseason games. I have to wait for the NFL network reply but was hoping for some comments. All I saw on DCSPN was 3 bad passes by Eli to completely missed OBJr. Looks like Beason is hurt again. At this point they should just release him. The guy just can't stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Again, nobody is watching preseason games. I have to wait for the NFL network reply but was hoping for some comments. All I saw on DCSPN was 3 bad passes by Eli to completely missed OBJr. Looks like Beason is hurt again. At this point they should just release him. The guy just can't stay healthy.
    Beason isn't even the worst of it. Safety was a thin position to start with and now Mykkelle Thompson and Bennett Jackson are both out for the year. Collins has been missing time as well.

FWIW, Flowers has supposedly been good.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Beason isn't even the worst of it. Safety was a thin position to start with and now Mykkelle Thompson and Bennett Jackson are both out for the year. Collins has been missing time as well.

FWIW, Flowers has supposedly been good.
    Giants have been the most injured team in the league over the past 3 seasons. At some point it stops being random and you have to start looking at the training staff.

NYYF Legend

I finished watching the game. Darkwa is still our best running back and he is 4th on the depth chart. They cannot let him go. Either they go with 4 RB or trade Andre Williams who is not that good.

Nassib is unreliable as a backup. He was off target forcing throws he shouldn't have tried. Against a real defense he would have been picked apart.

I still do not like Donnell. He needed a challenge flag just to get a catch which he should have never nearly coughed up. He is just too much of a fumbling risk.

Hygnoski is awesome. We are lucky to have him as a FB. Did anyone see the 3 back formation with a 2nd FB (forget his name).

James Jones outplayed all of our WR and should make the team. The love affair with Corey Washington and his Twitter feed is over. He should not make the team.

Newhouse was a turnstile at RT. Please tell me he isn't going to start.

I like Hunt as a KR and hope they find a way to get him onto the roster.

The defense for the most part looked good only giving up 3 FG and the DL again looked great. The safety position is in big trouble.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Just saw that Osi is signing a 1 day contract to retire as a Giant tomorrow.

Newhouse was a turnstile at RT. Please tell me he isn't going to start.
    Uh, yes, it's possible. And it's not like this should be a surprise. He was either one of the lowest, or total lowest, rated tackles in the NFL last year. He and Jerry on the right side would be a disaster. I had read that Hart (7th rounder) was impressing the coaches, but I can't see Coughlin starting 2 rookies.
    And Schwartz is still hobbling around, so he's still no help.

"Glass half full" people.......show me something to hold on to.

One day short of the two-month anniversary of his July 4th fireworks accident, Jason Pierre-Paul is making plans to return to the Giants. The plan, according to a source familiar with the situation, is for him to arrive early next week and finally allow the Giants' medical personnel to examine his damaged right hand.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...chiano+Twitter

Ralph Vacchiano reports Weatherford has been cut and the Giants traded for Steelers' punter Brad Wing.

Have there been any real reports on the status of JPP's hand, or has it all been conjecture up to this point?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Have there been any real reports on the status of JPP's hand, or has it all been conjecture up to this point?
    Here you go. He expected to rejoin the team next week.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Who is Brad Wing our new punter you might ask? Only ranked 32nd in punting last year. That means dead last. Way to go Jerry Reese! Was Weatherford at least offered to stay with a paycut? Weatherford is the better punter and I am not happy with this shamless move.

Landon Collins looked good last night should start. Holsey couldn't cover Dobson and hopefully will be cut along with no hands Adrian Robinson and no gain Andre Williams.

Thanks, Donny.

I can get a little sappy when it comes to these guys, so I liked this goodbye video Weatherford made. It was probably time, but sorry to see him go, and glad to see him handle it with such grace and class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deQG9i1EyBA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I can get a little sappy when it comes to these guys, so I liked this goodbye video Weatherford made. It was probably time, but sorry to see him go, and glad to see him handle it with such grace and class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deQG9i1EyBA

NYYF Legend

What a class act. Someone will need a punter and he will be signed. I just hope it's not an NFC East team.

Hynoski, Adrien Robinson and James Jones among the cuts so far.

Sure took long enough with Robinson. Calling that guy a waste is an insult to the word waste.

NYYF Legend

Hynoski, Adrien Robinson and James Jones among the cuts so far.
    James Jones was the best healthy receiver on Giants not named Beckham. Just a stupid horrible move. I also don't get cutting the Hynosaurous. He is one of the best blocking FB in the entire NFL. Is it all about saving money like with Weatherford? When did the Giants become so cheap?

I know this team is desperate at safety, but man I hate Brandon Meriweather.

We'll see what happens next.

Jason Pierre-Paul underwent a physical and provided the New York Giants with all of the medical records related to injuries he suffered in a July 4 fireworks accident that resulted in his right index finger being amputated, a league source said.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ew-york-giants

Update - Not much apparently.

@DanGrazianoESPN
    So where things stand with Giants, JPP at this point is that he goes back to Florida, works out on his own, comes back when fully healthy.
    Thanks for stopping by, I guess.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/...62675545468928
    Last edited by Mr. Mxylsplk; 09-08-15 at 04:45 PM.

Former Giants safety Tyler Sash has passed away, the cause is unknown at this point. He was only 27.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...7_reports.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Former Giants safety Tyler Sash has passed away, the cause is unknown at this point. He was only 27.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...7_reports.html
    He's got a bit a rap sheet of a PED Suspension and an arrest with a taser.

Former Safety Craig Dahl who was released by the 49ers was signed, Stevie Brown was released.

NYYF Legend

James Jones has 1 TD, 3 catches for 50 yards in the first half alone. So why exactly was he not good enough to make the Giants 53 man roster? In what universe is Preston Parker a better WR?

James Jones has 1 TD, 3 catches for 50 yards in the first half alone. So why exactly was he not good enough to make the Giants 53 man roster? In what universe is Preston Parker a better WR?
    The justification was that Jones can't play the slot.

NYYF Legend

The justification was that Jones can't play the slot.
    So what! He was the best healthy receiver not named Beckham on the team.

Ha, he just scored again. Thanks a lot Coughlin.

Thread Information