+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: 2015 New York Giants Thread

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...193-sf10657193

Rapaport has it now which is a completely legit source. At least he is saying the extent of injuries arent known, so hopefully it's not as serious as some other outlets are saying.

Dumbass.

NYYF Legend

Are Fireworks legal in Florida? He might lose his Franchise tag tender offer. If I was him I would have my agent accept it ASAP.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Are Fireworks legal in Florida?
    Unless he was using them to scare birds away from his farm or his fish hatchery, no.

Florida law prohibits any fireworks that fly through the air or explode — such as Roman candles, bottle rockets and mortars — for recreational use.
    But according to state law, if they are used to scare off birds from farms or fish hatcheries, the explosives are fair game.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-and-fireworks

Graziano is saying the team thinks he "should be OK". Burns on his palm and 3 fingers. One finger could possibly have nerve damage. All things considered, he is extremely lucky.

I didn't think he was the sharpest knife in the drawer before this incident...

http://deadspin.com/report-jason-pie...fir-1715870503

NYYF Legend

Well at least JPP knew better than this guy:

A 22-year-old man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, killing him instantly, authorities said Sunday.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...-dies-32231780

NYYF Legend

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...m-offer-to-jpp

I guess they were working on a long term deal. Not anymore. JPP, sign that tender now. Don't be a fool.

Well...

Nothing says, "Happy 4th of July" like blowing up your body parts with fireworks.

NYYF Legend

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...18579770146816

Adam SchefterVerified
    ‏@AdamSchefter

ESPN obtained medical charts that show Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul had right index finger amputated today.

Makes it harder to sign your tender that way.

How did ESPN get his Medical Records. That's not legal.

Ouch.

NYYF Legend

Resind that Franchise Tender. Someone this dumb doesn't deserve all that money.

Time to reset the luxury tax melon's Avatar

I feel bad for the guy....

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h5 hours ago
    This was Jason Pierre-Paulís decision to amputate his finger. This sounds like a Ronnie Lott situation. Heís still in surgery now.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h5 hours ago
    Thinking of Jason Pierre-Paul is this: Cutting off his finger simplifies and accelerates his recovery. Could be back in fewer than 2 months

NYYF Legend

I read that the finger was amputated to the knuckle so does that mean he has a half finger? I would think a half index finger is less career threatening than no index finger.

Interesting how the Giants are standing by him for doing something illegal yet they let go of Wil Hill for doing something that is legal in 3 states plus about 30 states with a doctors script. I'd rather the players self-medicate with weed than blow off fireworks hours after bragging about having a truckload of them on the internet.

Interesting how the Giants are standing by him for doing something illegal yet they let go of Wil Hill for doing something that is legal in 3 states plus about 30 states with a doctors script. I'd rather the players self-medicate with weed than blow off fireworks hours after bragging about having a truckload of them on the internet.
    If JPP continues to blow his fingers off with fireworks, then you have an argument.

They gave Hill more than enough rope to hang himself with.

On October 8, 2012, the NFL suspended Hill for using Adderall.[9]

Hill was suspended a second time for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's policy on substances of abuse. His ban ended on September 30.[10]

On December 21, 2013, Hill was arrested in New Jersey on a warrant for outstanding child support payments.[11]

In March 2014, New Jersey police issued a warrant for Hill's arrest for failure to pay child support.[12]

On May 30, 2014, Hill was suspended for the first six games of the 2014 season for violations of the league's substance abuse policy.

NYYF Legend

I just finished reading Parcells, his biograph. I highly recomended it, especially as summer reading while training camp is nearing. It was rough to read the Cowboys years though. I wasn't aware of all the stuff that went down with him juggling a girlfriend while still married to his first and still only wife. This best tidbit that I found out was that the Giants almost had Cris Carter back in 1990 when Buddy Ryan gave up on him and waived him due to drugs and alcohol abuse. Parcells even called Carter to tell him to pack his bag and join the Giants camp but then the Vikings had a high waiver priority due to have a worse record in 1989 and that is how he wound up in Minnesota. Could you imagine how different things would have been had the Gmen had Carter in the 90's? Not much would have changed in the Super Bowl season as CC only had 413 yards in 5 starts for the Vikings but maybe Simms would have had one more weapon to beat the Cowboys in that 1993 season finale to win home field in the NFC. Maybe Dave Brown becomes a better QB or just sucks less? Maybe they wouldn't have been so dependent on Chris Calloway, a #3 receiver disguised as a #1.

I read that book too and it was real interesting. There were some things I never knew about. The Carter story you mentioned was one of them. I also never knew he almost left the Giants after 86 to go to Atlanta. I vaguely remember his flirtation with the Bucs in 92 at the time, but learned more details about it. His relationship with Kraft got really ugly towards the end there, and its amazing he lasted as long as he did in Dallas w/Jones's ego.

James Jones signs for 1 year.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Breaking down the chances OBJ regresses or improves in his 2nd year.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/od...-the-original/

NYYF Legend

So nobody watched the preseason game?

I am almost done watching the NFL network rebroadcast and I am not liking what I am seeing. The receivers can't catch. None of the Tight Ends stood out. Nassib made maybe one decent throw the entire game. Darkwa was our best RB and he's 4th on the depth chart. That is not good. The pass blocking was good as I did not see any QB get sacked.

On defense the front 4 looked great no matter who was out there. Remember the name George Selvie. He will be a nice rotation DL. Only Beason stood out among the linebacks. The secondary was absolutely horrid. Bengal receivers were left open all night. None of the new safeties distinquished themselves either. Jackson and Fenner cannot cover and tackling was poor though Wade did have a late pick. He could have had 2 as he dropped one earlier.

It's only a preseason game but they were horrible last year in lead to a 6-10 season. Someone tell me it's going to be alright.

Someone tell me it's going to be alright.
    By the eye test, I would say it's not only not going to be all right, it's going to be a nightmare. The reports I was reading disagreed with your OL observations. They made it sound like every throw came under duress.

Thread Information