+ Reply to Thread

Yankee Ticket Exchange Policy

What is the policy for ticket exchanges for partial season ticket holders? What games can be exchanged?

Re: Yankee Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    What is the policy for ticket exchanges for partial season ticket holders? What games can be exchanged?
    It used to be more generous (basically any non-premium games, with only a cap on how many games you could exchange in a given month, I think), but it's been restricted this year to only within the same month (e.g. exchange a June game for a different June game). See here: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...hange_2015.jsp

I don't see anything that speaks to a weekday game being exchanged for a weekend game. I thought that was one of the "Yankee Exchange Rules" in the past. Is that still the case?

Addicted Member

I don't see anything that speaks to a weekday game being exchanged for a weekend game. I thought that was one of the "Yankee Exchange Rules" in the past. Is that still the case?
    I believe that the new policy allows one to exchange a weekday game for a weekend game as long as the weekend game is not a "premium" game. That is improvement. Only exchanging for the current month is a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I believe that the new policy allows one to exchange a weekday game for a weekend game as long as the weekend game is not a "premium" game. That is improvement. Only exchanging for the current month is a step down.

Oh its not weekend games from a list that they designate? Last year the list was expanded for people with over 10 years seniority. More to choice from.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Oh its not weekend games from a list that they designate? Last year the list was expanded for people with over 10 years seniority. More to choice from.
    Seniority allows one to exchange with 7 days notice rather than 14 days

ENHANCED FUTURE GAME TICKET EXCHANGE DATES

Through the Enhanced Future Game Ticket Exchange Program, Full Season Licensees with 10+ years of seniority are permitted to exchange Tickets up until seven (7) days prior to the date of the Game for which the Ticket is being exchanged. For example, a Licensee that is desirous of exchanging a Ticket for the Game scheduled for July 26, 2015, may present that Ticket for exchange on or before July 19, 2015.

2017 Future Game Ticket Exchange Program

http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/inf...icket-exchange

So it appears that they haven't changed the rules, despite the new 5-tier pricing system. Which in practice makes the policy more restrictive, since no "downgrades" are permitted. So can't exchange Tier 4 for Tier 5 in the same section. With the "same calendar month" rule still in effect.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

So it appears that they haven't changed the rules, despite the new 5-tier pricing system. Which in practice makes the policy more restrictive, since no "downgrades" are permitted. So can't exchange Tier 4 for Tier 5 in the same section. With the "same calendar month" rule still in effect.
    The Mets now have a played game exchange policy. If you didn't use your tickets for a game, you can trade them in for a future game, or so I've been told

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The Mets now have a played game exchange policy. If you didn't use your tickets for a game, you can trade them in for a future game, or so I've been told
    I believe the Mets allow you to exchange the ticket for a non premium game Mon - Thurs

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

So what happens in May if you can't use a tier 2 ticket vs Oak. The only other tier 2 game that month is a premium game vs Houston. No tier 1 games to trade up to. Can't trade down.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    So what happens in May if you can't use a tier 2 ticket vs Oak. The only other tier 2 game that month is a premium game vs Houston. No tier 1 games to trade up to. Can't trade down.
    I think you can trade down, but they won't refund you the difference in the price.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Is there a list of what games are considered what tier published anywhere?

Addicted Member

[QUOTE=superyan;8251312]Is there a list of what games are considered what tier published anywhere?[/http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/downloads/y2017/2017-regular-season-season-ticket-tier-schedule.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I think you can trade down, but they won't refund you the difference in the price.
    Sadly, you can no longer trade down.

No "downgrades" will be permitted; that is, a Ticket cannot be exchanged for a Ticket with a lesser value than the Ticket being exchanged.

No "downgrades" will be permitted; that is, a Ticket cannot be exchanged for a Ticket with a lesser value than the Ticket being exchanged.
    i don't see them mention the word tier at all here. unless the season tickets have a different face value for each game printed on the ticket then the value of the ticket appears to be the regular season ticket face value regardless of tier

.....Licensees will be charged for the exchanged Ticket at the price that is comparable to the price that the Licensee was charged for Tickets under his/her/its Full or Partial Season Ticket Plan.......

the downgrade wording is exactly like last year so I dont think this has an impact with the new tier pricing. Of course, how the old man in Window 1 will interpret things is always interesting.
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...hange_2016.jsp

Devoted Member

OK yes you are correct. I see that in the wording now.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

2017 policy posted here

exchanges only within the same month (non premium for non premium) and (premium for anything)

why are May 12 & 13 premium games? (I get that Jeter night is Sunday so anything more specific than that?)

A Premium Game Ticket within a Licensee's Plan may only be exchanged for games within the same calendar month. The term "Premium Game(s)" is defined as the Opening Day game, the Old-Timers' Day game, the games scheduled for May 12-14, all home games played against the Boston Red Sox and New York Mets, and such other games during the regular season, as may be designated as Premium Games, on no less than seven days' notice, no later than the first day of each month during the regular season.

exchanged some full season tickets today and the TIERS WERE taken into account based on the price on the ticket versus what the FS price would be on the exchanged to date

so, when I traded Midweek Tier 4/5 for Weekend Tier 2/3, I had to pay the upcharge

Thread Information