+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12
Results 276 to 292 of 292
  1. #276

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Eh. We saw that story already. It was called Breaking Bad. I still think the relationship between Kim and Jimmy is the best thing in the show.
    Me too. And I still sometimes find myself hoping that one day or the next they'll get carried away and depart from the text.

  2. #277
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Eh. We saw that story already. It was called Breaking Bad. I still think the relationship between Kim and Jimmy is the best thing in the show.
    I have to disagree. Mike and Gus are the best things about this show. It should be called "No Half Measures".

    I love it anyway though. Saul is a great character. Kim is cool. I do definitely agree that Chuck is a real annoying aspect of this show. But I'm sure the end justifies the means.

  3. #278
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I have to disagree. Mike and Gus are the best things about this show. It should be called "No Half Measures".

    I love it anyway though. Saul is a great character. Kim is cool. I do definitely agree that Chuck is a real annoying aspect of this show. But I'm sure the end justifies the means.
    You don't have to disagree. You choose to.

  4. #279

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    chuck is an asshole and should die by being locked in a tanning bed.

  5. #280
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    This weeks episode seemed like it lasted 3 hours. They need to substantially pick up the pace.
    Let the kids play.

  6. #281

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    This weeks episode seemed like it lasted 3 hours. They need to substantially pick up the pace.
    Won't be this week- no new episode due to Memorial Day.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

  7. #282
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medford,NY

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Excellent season finale last night. It was brutal watching Chuck decay like that. I hope he makes it out of the fire alive. A part of me likes him.

    Great season. And like Breaking Bad the show just got better and better as the seasons went along.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

  8. #283
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Excellent season finale last night. It was brutal watching Chuck decay like that. I hope he makes it out of the fire alive. A part of me likes him.

    Great season. And like Breaking Bad the show just got better and better as the seasons went along.
    I was assuming he died due to the suicide piece at the end.

  9. #284

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I was assuming he died due to the suicide piece at the end.
    I'm hoping he dies. His character had run its course.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  10. #285
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I'm hoping he dies. His character had run its course.
    I agree. Im so sick of Chuck. He's the Mrs White of this show.

    I liked the finale. Loved the season. This show is definitely one of the best on network TV. Can't give it enough praise.

  11. #286

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I agree. Im so sick of Chuck. He's the Mrs White of this show.

    I liked the finale. Loved the season. This show is definitely one of the best on network TV. Can't give it enough praise.
    You guys are harsh! I love Chuck. He's been a great foil for Jimmy. I will admit that sometimes I get a bit impatient waiting for them to get to the BB stuff though during Chuck and Jimmy stuff. I was slightly annoyed that we got no Mike in the season finale.

  12. #287

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    You guys are harsh! I love Chuck. He's been a great foil for Jimmy. I will admit that sometimes I get a bit impatient waiting for them to get to the BB stuff though during Chuck and Jimmy stuff. I was slightly annoyed that we got no Mike in the season finale.
    I'm with you. I'm going to miss Chuck and Michael McKean's superb acting.



  13. #288

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I'm with you. I'm going to miss Chuck and Michael McKean's superb acting.
    He has been incredible since season 1. I don't understand the hatred for Chuck. I was heartbroken watching him succumb to his mental illness. Someone compared him to Skyler White but Skyler was just annoying.

  14. #289

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    He has been incredible since season 1. I don't understand the hatred for Chuck. I was heartbroken watching him succumb to his mental illness. Someone compared him to Skyler White but Skyler was just annoying.
    I don't understand the Chuck hate but I never understood the Skyler hate either. I thought she was an excellent character in many of the same ways as Chuck. Multilayered, sometimes horrible, sometimes sympathetic, always interesting. I thought Anna Gunn did a fantastic job with her too. To each their own I guess.

  15. #290
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    He has been incredible since season 1. I don't understand the hatred for Chuck. I was heartbroken watching him succumb to his mental illness. Someone compared him to Skyler White but Skyler was just annoying.
    I compared him to Skylar in a recent post. I think it fits. She definitely was annoying. Exactly how I felt about Chuck. I realize ultimately he is one of the reasons Jimmy's personality will morph into Saul. So he was a necessary evil. But in a show that is filled with tremendous characters and plot lines I get sucked into, it felt like any time he was in a scene that segment would come to a screeching hault and his character was ridiculous. The only contribution to the story that gave me any entertainment value was his space blankets and the court scene when Jimmy planted the battery in his pocket to try to disprove his illness. Otherwise he really just took time away from others that makes the show as great as it is.

    If this is the end for him, this episode watching him descend into madness and ultimately committing suicide, it makes up for a lot. Maybe the end justified the means. I don't know. It's possible I look back and feel differently when I grind out rewatching full seasons, but I almost dreaded his scenes this entire season because it felt like such a waste of time. Between Mike, Nacho, Gus, and Hector I was really hoping for something more there. But I know it's supposed to be primarily about Jimmy so again, maybe the end justifies the means.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

  16. #291

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I compared him to Skylar in a recent post. I think it fits. She definitely was annoying. Exactly how I felt about Chuck. I realize ultimately he is one of the reasons Jimmy's personality will morph into Saul. So he was a necessary evil. But in a show that is filled with tremendous characters and plot lines I get sucked into, it felt like any time he was in a scene that segment would come to a screeching hault and his character was ridiculous. The only contribution to the story that gave me any entertainment value was his space blankets and the court scene when Jimmy planted the battery in his pocket to try to disprove his illness. Otherwise he really just took time away from others that makes the show as great as it is.

    If this is the end for him, this episode watching him descend into madness and ultimately committing suicide, it makes up for a lot. Maybe the end justified the means. I don't know. It's possible I look back and feel differently when I grind out rewatching full seasons, but I almost dreaded his scenes this entire season because it felt like such a waste of time. Between Mike, Nacho, Gus, and Hector I was really hoping for something more there. But I know it's supposed to be primarily about Jimmy so again, maybe the end justifies the means.
    S'all good, man! . I guess I enjoyed the Chuck story much more than you did. Again, i wouldn't compare him to Skylar. She was super annoying and shrill. Chuck's story served a specific purpose and I thought Mckeon was brilliant carrying it out. I love the BB stuff but I think Jimmy's relationship to Chuck is important to explaining how we get to Goodman.

  17. #292

    Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I compared him to Skylar in a recent post. I think it fits. She definitely was annoying. Exactly how I felt about Chuck. I realize ultimately he is one of the reasons Jimmy's personality will morph into Saul. So he was a necessary evil. But in a show that is filled with tremendous characters and plot lines I get sucked into, it felt like any time he was in a scene that segment would come to a screeching hault and his character was ridiculous. The only contribution to the story that gave me any entertainment value was his space blankets and the court scene when Jimmy planted the battery in his pocket to try to disprove his illness. Otherwise he really just took time away from others that makes the show as great as it is.

    If this is the end for him, this episode watching him descend into madness and ultimately committing suicide, it makes up for a lot. Maybe the end justified the means. I don't know. It's possible I look back and feel differently when I grind out rewatching full seasons, but I almost dreaded his scenes this entire season because it felt like such a waste of time. Between Mike, Nacho, Gus, and Hector I was really hoping for something more there. But I know it's supposed to be primarily about Jimmy so again, maybe the end justifies the means.
    Yeah, the Chuck character was annoying AF and dragged on far too long. The acting was great, sure, but the storyline was laborious, redundant and could have been handled better IMO.

    I am stunned people saw him as a sympathetic character at all. Mentsl illness is a sad thing, no doubt, but Chuck was a cruel, resentful, ahole independent of that. The mental illness only amplified that fact. He attempted to disguise these traits as some noble devotion to THE LAW! But he was just using that as a vehicle for the ill will he harbored for years.

    It's like a mean drunk who quietly sucks at life without the poison. Once he has a drink the inner scumbag just becomes more visible. Being an addict doesn't make someone worthy of pity if they're a bad person to begin with. I've known people just like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts