+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

I have a feeling that this show may be a gem. Being in the BB universe, we already know Mike Ermentrout will be a regular. Walt and Jessie by season two I hear. I expect Gus as well. And just having VG at the helm gives me hope it will be written just as well.

I wanted to be able to discuss without worrying about spoilers. I figure enough of us will be watching.

Who's pumped?

Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

I think you should delete the spoiler part of the title. Anyone that gets upset about people talking about the show after an episode airs is an idiot.

Well, from experience, I've been guilty of inot spoiler tagging things in other threads, I thought a warning was a decent thing to do.

The TV mega thread is different though. People can read stuff in there on accident for shows they haven't seen yet.

But this is just a Better Call Saul thread, people shouldn't come in here if they haven't seen the latest episode yet. They do so at their own peril.

I agree. Also though, when I browse on my phone using the NYYFans Lite version, and people do spoiler tag their comments, it's a pain in the ass to see them.

Did Ermentrout's character in BB die, or am I thinking of somebody else?
    Let the kids play.

He did. But this is before BB. The Saul origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Got it. Wonder if they can work any other characters in a little just for fun?
    Let the kids play.

I think so. Saul had a very colorful group of people he knew. Some we saw others were just mentioned. He had a guy for everything. I'm thinking we'll eventually see people like Gus. Saul had a guy who knew a guy that got Walt hooked up with Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Got it. Wonder if they can work any other characters in a little just for fun?
    I know that Jesse's dad and Krazy-8 are both in it at some point.

Not that these are game changers.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

It sounds like this is going to be a good show all on its own. That interest me more than whether I'll see BB characters or Easter eggs.

I agree. Vince has enough equity with me at this point, I'm gonna give the show the same hope as you do. But it is exciting to think about seeing Walt or Jesse eventually. I was ecstatic to see the Super Bowl commercial with Walt.

The Breaking Bad Extended Universe.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Who's pumped?
    I'm pumped.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I have a feeling that this show may be a gem. Being in the BB universe, we already know Mike Ermentrout will be a regular. Walt and Jessie by season two I hear. I expect Gus as well. And just having VG at the helm gives me hope it will be written just as well.

I wanted to be able to discuss without worrying about spoilers. I figure enough of us will be watching.

Who's pumped?
    I actually hope we don't see Walt and Jesse. I am worried they are going to force them in, in a situation that doesn't make sense.

For instance, Jesse at the time Better Call Saul take place is in junior high school. I guess there is a possibility that Jesse and Saul could meet up in the post-Breaking Bad moments of BCS, I would be OK with that.

Walt on the other hand, I can't figure out a scenario where it would actually work.

I was really excited about this coming out no matter what, but the reviews have been outstanding for this, so I am really amped even more now.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. Plus I think Vince Gilligan said he was kind of talked into doing it. That could have just been bs but I saw it as a headline on FB from AV Club.

I think he's smart enough to know where and how it could work. Who knows, maybe the show won't be linear.

I'm hoping for very little BB crossover. I'm looking for a show good enough to stand on it's own without the winkwinknudgenudge references. The best spinoffs pretty quickly make you stop thinking of them as spinoffs.

I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. Plus I think Vince Gilligan said he was kind of talked into doing it. That could have just been bs but I saw it as a headline on FB from AV Club.

I think he's smart enough to know where and how it could work. Who knows, maybe the show won't be linear.
    That doesn't inspire any confidence. I don't want Gilligan to be talked into doing anything, he is the one that needs to be having people following his direction.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Oh, by the way, Steve: you're a spoiler tag.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I haven't gone through this whole thread but it starts tonight at 10 right? I'm def going to give a watch and hopefully it's something good while there is no baseball on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I haven't gone through this whole thread but it starts tonight at 10 right? I'm def going to give a watch and hopefully it's something good while there is no baseball on tv.
    Right, second episode tomorrow. I have to record tonight's show and can't see it until tomorrow. I think it's only scheduled for 8 episodes, at least for now.
    Let the kids play.

It's ten episodes and it has already been renewed for season two.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Right, second episode tomorrow. I have to record tonight's show and can't see it until tomorrow. I think it's only scheduled for 8 episodes, at least for now.
    Thanks Bubs.

Tuco!

NYYF Legend

Friggin loved the first episode. The show has a ton of potential. In many ways it draws parallels to Walt's story.

People starting from nowhere with a vendetta and the determination to get what they feel they deserve, no matter what. I loved the humor. Bob Odenkirk definitely delivers.

It stands out "like a stripper pole in a mosque" was my favorite line from tonight. Can't wait to see the second episode tomorrow.

Thread Information