+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    At 15-1 there is some real money to be made if BCS comes through.
    Went off 87-1 and finished 5th. Got parked outside at the quarter pole, which usually wipes the horse out. Better luck next time.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Went off 87-1 and finished 5th.
    That's a shame.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Went off 87-1 and finished 5th. Got parked outside at the quarter pole, which usually wipes the horse out. Better luck next time.
    I remember some first dates that went about like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I remember some first dates that went about like that.
    Yeah, well when the driver tries to do too much too early it usually doesn't end well. Better off getting in line and try to come from behind down the stretch.

Wowza with that POOC.
    Let the kids play.

Yeah, well when the driver tries to do too much too early it usually doesn't end well. Better off getting in line and try to come from behind down the stretch.
    Yeah, that was my experience as well.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Triple Crown

Bob Odenkirk confirms that Gustavo Fring will be in season 3 of Better Call Saul:

http://time.com/4465850/bob-odenkirk...ll-saul-fring/

Tell me Vince Gilligan and co. are doing a spin off or mini series about Gustavo Fring then you'll really be cookin.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Bob Odenkirk confirms that Gustavo Fring will be in season 3 of Better Call Saul:

http://time.com/4465850/bob-odenkirk...ll-saul-fring/

Tell me Vince Gilligan and co. are doing a spin off or mini series about Gustavo Fring then you'll really be cookin.
    I really wanted them to show more of Gus' past during Breaking Bad. All we heard were some vague comments about a Generalisimo in Chile. He must have been someone special if the cartel didn't kill him when they had the chance.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I really wanted them to show more of Gus' past during Breaking Bad. All we heard were some vague comments about a Generalisimo in Chile. He must have been someone special if the cartel didn't kill him when they had the chance.
    He's one of the most intriguing characters during this television golden age. The guy is very smart, cold blooded and yet mysterious. And Vince Gilligan gave us just enough of his character to lead us to wonder. If there's any. Character that needs a series centered around him it's Gustavo Firing.

The cartel didn't kill him because he makes them a lot of money. He was their goose that laid golden eggs. But he was frustrated with them because of their lack of vision. When him and his friend Max pitched the idea of making and distributing method they pushed the idea to the side and killed Max.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]

I was actually surprised they didn't go the Gus route when they announced the spinoff. Don't get me wrong I love BCS but it seemed like an obvious choice. I hope that his story gets a much deeper look into his character much like Mike has had.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I was actually surprised they didn't go the Gus route when they announced the spinoff. Don't get me wrong I love BCS but it seemed like an obvious choice. I hope that his story gets a much deeper look into his character much like Mike has had.
    That's what I said when they first announced BCS. I hope they still do a spinoff or miniseries about Gus.

BUMP

Who watched and what did you think?

I watched. And I was completely lost. I forgot 85% of what was happening.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

It was a great episode. I think the most intriguing thing happened right st the beginning where he collapsed in the future scene. I'm sure something will happen where it's nothing we can guess, it will be completely out of left field. They do that a lot. Like the season they showed the teddy bear in the pool and having it look like a crime scene at the White's house. It turned out to be the plane crash.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

It was a great episode. I think the most intriguing thing happened right st the beginning where he collapsed in the future scene. I'm sure something will happen where it's nothing we can guess, it will be completely out of left field. They do that a lot. Like the season they showed the teddy bear in the pool and having it look like a crime scene at the White's house. It turned out to be the plane crash.
    I don't know how much time we'll spend in the current timeline. The other two seasons just had one or two scenes showing what he's up to "now" in them.

I was super confused on what Mike was up to. Had to watch it twice and read Sepinwall to really understand what he did.

As for Jimmy & Chuck, my guess is Chuck uses that tape and Ernie's knowledge of it as leverage for Jimmy to give up the McGill name. He becomes Saul to keep his brother from ruining Ernesto's life/career.

I thought the first episode was lame. Not much going on, plus put me in the confused box with others here....too much time between episodes. I expect it to get a lot better though.
    Let the kids play.

I don't understand the confusion. There's really nothing that's gone on in this show that's really made me have to think all too much. Except for remembering certain characters roles in BB.

NYYF Legend

I don't understand the confusion. There's really nothing that's gone on in this show that's really made me have to think all too much. Except for remembering certain characters roles in BB.
    I don't get the confusion either and no matter how hard he tries, slipping Jimmy just cannot help himself from leaving things well alone. And it is awesome how Gus, the badass that he is, is just hiding in plain sight as some guy who sweeps the floors of his fast food restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I don't get the confusion either and no matter how hard he tries, slipping Jimmy just cannot help himself with leaving things well alone. And it is awesome how Gus, the badass that he is, is just hiding in plain sight as some guy who sweeps the floors of his fast door restaurant.
    last nights episode was awesome. That's the tension I miss from BB that not many shows provide. Next weeks looks even more tense. I can't wait.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I don't get the confusion either and no matter how hard he tries, slipping Jimmy just cannot help himself from leaving things well alone. And it is awesome how Gus, the badass that he is, is just hiding in plain sight as some guy who sweeps the floors of his fast food restaurant.
    Seeing how awesome Mike is at everything in this show and in BB makes it that much sadder at how he ends up dying for no reason at all by the least likely person

And Gus has the nose of a blood hound and left the bag alone, knowing that Jimmy was stalking the runner....although he was so obvious any one of us could have come to the same conclusion.
    Let the kids play.

Awesome sauce.

And Gus has the nose of a blood hound and left the bag alone, knowing that Jimmy was stalking the runner....although he was so obvious any one of us could have come to the same conclusion.
    I think the most surprising part is that Gus was doing deals (or some exchange) in the restaurant. I know it's probably really early in his operation but it seems out of character do have him doing that.

Made for one hell of a tense scene when Mike followed that tracking device into the desert though.

Great episode. I still can't believe you all find the Mike/Gus stuff more interesting than the Jimmy/Kim/Chuck stuff. I wanted to cry just looking at Kim and Jimmy's faces when she told him what Chuck had done. Seeing what we know is a doomed relationship unfold like this is almost painful but in a good tv watching way. I find myself wanting to have them change the course of events so BB never happens to them and they live happily ever after.

I think the most surprising part is that Gus was doing deals (or some exchange) in the restaurant. I know it's probably really early in his operation but it seems out of character do have him doing that.
    In BB he was serving, right? That way he can scope the restaurant and parking lot while smiling at all his customers, and assumingly use subtle gestures to conduct the drug business. Seems very characteristic if you look at it that way.
    Let the kids play.

If fascism comes to America, it will come under the guise of anti-fascism.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

Thread Information