+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

Also, I agree with Steve's read of the Mike dropping charges thing.

I thought pretty much everything with the Kettlemans was gold, too. That answering machine message.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

I liked lasg night's episode a lot and after seeing the preview for next week, it appears the show is heading towards a darker BB type of place.

Line of the week - "half of all lawyers are idiots, the other half are crooks"

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

So annoyed I missed the show last night and forgot to have the kids record it. How can I see it? I tried amc but episode 5 isn't on the list. grrr

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    So annoyed I missed the show last night and forgot to have the kids record it. How can I see it? I tried amc but episode 5 isn't on the list. grrr
    I'm watching via On Demand (Comcast) right now.

I just watched it on my iPad, on the AMC app.

NYYF Legend

Just finished watching, and wow it looks like it's going from semi-humorous to serious quickly.

NYYF Triple Crown

Last nights episode was funny as heck. "your kids are gonna need therapy after using your toilet bowl" LOL LOL.....
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

Loving this show so far. So excited to see more of Mike next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SheffRocks11 View Post
    Loving this show so far. So excited to see more of Mike next week.
    Yes! Don't get me wrong I like this show for Saul but Mike was a BB favorite of mine and it killed me seeing him die. I cannot wait for next week!

As for this week, not so much funny as it was just really good drama. This show is amazing I cannot say enough about it.

Just watched it today. First 4 episodes or so are like Chapter 1 of a book- set the foundation, get-to-know-you's, etc. This week's episode set things in motion. Best one yet.

And the whole color thing was funny with the lawyer wearing the most eye-catching blue yet when he shows up at the hospital.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

Jonathan Banks. Yes.

That episode delivered every bit as much as breaking bad ever did. Holy. Sh1t.

I hate to compare it with reasons that I expect it to live up to that. I say that because it was that damn good.

NYYF Triple Crown

What a terrific performance by Jonathan Banks.

Wow. It made me appreciate him even more. And this episode was gritty. I love it.

I knew he was great at what he did. Threatening someone before breakfast. But what we saw last night, amazing performance. I had never expected to see moment, let alone a few scenes, of that sort of emotion and humanity.

Very good show so far. Any discussions/rumors about picking up a second season?
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Very good show so far. Any discussions/rumors about picking up a second season?
    It's already been picked up for a 13-episode 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    It's already been picked up for a 13-episode 2nd season.
    Great! We'll see how they decide to develop the secondary characters. Lots of options with Chuck....from the looney bin straight jacket to a triumphant return to work where he takes over the firm.
    Let the kids play.

Take it off Chuck. Take off the space blanket.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I heard an interview with Gilligan & Gould and they said the tipping point for doing the show was "what kind of problem does one get in to where the solution is becoming Saul Goodman." I love the idea of exploring this.

NYYF Legend

Who was the person who stitched Mike? Did anyone pay attention to that?

Who was the person who stitched Mike? Did anyone pay attention to that?
    I don't think he's somebody we know. He was basically asking the cabbie "If this is really your town, take me to someone who will keep his mouth shut."

No he isn't. He appears to be a vet that does side work for people that don't want to go to hospitals. He may be someone bigger, he mentioned he could get Mike work. So he's connected somehow. But to this point he wasn't anyone that I know of. Totally new character.

It seems nearly impossible that we won't see Gus before this is over.

I totally expect to see Gus. Especially after making Mike such a big character. Mike has to become Gus's guy eventually.
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

NYYF Legend

Love this show!

Thread Information