+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He seems to have some mental illness in which he is afraid of technology.

I know it's Saul's brother, but I never heard them specifically reference this. Did they and I missed it?
    If they did, I missed it. I didn't know it was his brother.

Take it off chuck! Take off the space blanket!

I loved that scene.

NYYF Legend

Wow, I learned a lot that I didn't catch in the AMC recaps. If anyone is interested, here it is:
    http://www.amctv.com/shows/better-ca...s/season-1/uno

NYYF Triple Crown

"Here's Johnny....."
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

NYYF Legend

I was a little surprised at how much's Mike's character sort of forgave everything that Saul had done to him as soon as he realized that he's actually not an idiot, but a smart guy outthinking criminals when no one else suspects them. It seemed like a quick turnaround, but I can't wait for Mike and Saul to start working together.

There's likely no way for Nacho to get at the money now, but I think he'll still be encouraged because Saul's information will be proven to have been good, and he went above and beyond to get him out of trouble in one day.

All in all, another great episode.

Another gem of an episode. This show is absolutely awesome. So happy it's living up to the hype!

Btw, I think mike was easy to forgive because he doesn't particularly like police officers and they were obviously trying to manipulate him. Mike is not to be manipulated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Another gem of an episode. This show is absolutely awesome. So happy it's living up to the hype!

Btw, I think mike was easy to forgive because he doesn't particularly like police officers and they were obviously trying to manipulate him. Mike is not to be manipulated!
    Good point, that's definitely another angle.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'm still one episode behind, but I'm really liking the show so far.

I had to share this.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e10691435.html

The Omaha Storm Chasers and Albuquerque Isotopes are in a twitter battle over the show/characters.

On this rock I will build my church

NYYF Legend

The best part (to me) was the stunt on the billboard.

NYYF Legend

'S all good, man

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    'S all good, man

LOL LOL LOL....

Loved that part. Just 4 episodes into the series and already there is some excellent writing and directing.

Can Vince Gilligan and Gould out do what they did with Breaking Bad. Sounds crazy to even bring up, but there is a lot of depth with the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman character and with that team doing the writing, I wouldn't say it's impossible.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]

NYYF Legend

On this rock I will build my church
    As a former paralegal, the arbitrary tallying up of attorney's fees and expenses was hilarious.

Loved the episode. This has been a fantastic origin story so far. Can't wait to get into the real meat of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    LOL LOL LOL....

Loved that part. Just 4 episodes into the series and already there is some excellent writing and directing.

Can Vince Gilligan and Gould out do what they did with Breaking Bad. Sounds crazy to even bring up, but there is a lot of depth with the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman character and with that team doing the writing, I wouldn't say it's impossible.
    They already are doing it!

Maybe I missed it....but the issue with Chuck....the sensitivity to electromagnetic fields or whatever its called. Is it some kind of actual physical disease or is it all psychological? Watching him run across the street to get his neighbor's newspaper was funny.

Also listening to the Kettlemans trying to justify their actions was hilarious.

There's a theory I read about ice and fire. Good and bad.

Basically the idea is anyone wearing red is on the bad spectrum. Anyone wearing blue is on the good end. There's an entire visual aid I found on line highlighting the various scenes that support this theory. I can't link it now on my phone, maybe someone else can search and do it for me.

As tinfoil as it sounds (Or space blanket), it actually seems like it may have some value.

NYYF Triple Crown

They already are doing it!

I have to give this a couple more seasons before I can say that for sure. Breaking Bad was one of the greatest shows of all time.

”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

NYYF Legend

Ok that's a really awesome theory. I'm even reluctant to call it a theory, it's just solid observation.

That's what I thought. I'm gonna be on the lookout to see if it continues to hold up.

That's what I thought. I'm gonna be on the lookout to see if it continues to hold up.
    It already has before....

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Color
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    As a former paralegal, the arbitrary tallying up of attorney's fees and expenses was hilarious.

Loved the episode. This has been a fantastic origin story so far. Can't wait to get into the real meat of the show.
    I don't think this is just an introductory section. I think this is the real show, and a damn good one.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Triple Crown

I'll keep an eye out to see if this theory is true. With only 4 episodes under their belt its hard to tell if that theory is true.

NYYF Legend

Better Call Saul: AMC’s Gutsy Gamble Pays Off
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/better...210000876.html

Couldn't agree more with this decision:

At one point in development, the idea was pitched as a half-hour comedy, focusing on star Bob Odenkirk’s formidable comedic chops, but the decision to keep Saul as a ridiculous character in a deadly serious world was the right one

I know it's only four episodes in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait for Mike's role to expand. He was my favorite character on BB.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

I just caught up with the last two episodes. Terrific.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information