+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Better Call Saul discussion thread [with spoilers once episodes premier]

That's exactly what I thought after the show! It's starting like Walts story. I think the non-linear thing is going to happen. That first scene has to be after BB in his new life.

First episode was great. Tuco at the end was a nice little surprise. I'm happy they are premiering this on back to back nights. I think all shows should do this now and then. For the fans! How about the entire season like House of Cards! Lol

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That's exactly what I thought after the show! It's starting like Walts story. I think the non-linear thing is going to happen. That first scene has to be after BB in his new life.

First episode was great. Tuco at the end was a nice little surprise. I'm happy they are premiering this on back to back nights. I think all shows should do this now and then. For the fans! How about the entire season like House of Cards! Lol
    I liked the show - can't wait to see the 2nd episode tonight.

I just spent ten minutes laughing my ass off in the desert scene with Tuco and Saul. That was gold. Absolute gold.

Take off the space blanket, Chuck.

NYYF Triple Crown

Really liked the first 2 episodes. Loved the opening sequence of episode 1 with Saul-aka Jimmy,aka Gene- at a cinnabon.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

You're like a troll under a bridge..... nmmmm need more stickerssss

NYYF Triple Crown

You're like a troll under a bridge..... nmmmm need more stickerssss

Lol Anxious to how Mike actually ended up there.

I have to say if they don't do a spin off about Gustavo Fringe I will be disappointed. Even if its a mini series, Gustavo's character needs to be explored. There's so much there. Vince Gilligan if you're listing-or if anyone has a way to email this to him-please do a series about Gustavo. The Breaking Bad universe deserves it.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 02-10-15 at 08:54 AM.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]

I just spent ten minutes laughing my ass off in the desert scene with Tuco and Saul. That was gold. Absolute gold.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Damnit. There's always a Seinfeld reference somewhere lol

Two episodes in and I'm sold completely. This show is so good. VG is a genius.

Oh, and Bob Odenkirk is a phenomenal actor.

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was excellent. Significant bonus points for Michael McKean. I just wish they had not identified "Ned Beatty from Network," just left it as an Easter egg for those of us who recognized it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

The second episode was called "Mijo", but it really should've been called Breaking Breadsticks.

NYYF Legend

Loved both shows. I also love all the BB actors in it!

My vote for episode title would have been Biznatch.

Wasn't impressed with the opener, but the second episode was good.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

I've never seen a single moment of "Breaking Bad" but I've enjoyed the first two episodes of this show.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I've never seen a single moment of "Breaking Bad" but I've enjoyed the first two episodes of this show.
    Interesting. I didn't get to watch this show yet, but if you liked it, I'm sure you'll love BB.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't get to watch this show yet, but if you liked it, I'm sure you'll love BB.
    I'm sure I'd like it too, but for most of Breaking Bad's run I was in school with no access to AMC, and unable to afford Netflix or whatnot to watch it. I will probably get around to it though.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I'm sure I'd like it too, but for most of Breaking Bad's run I was in school with no access to AMC, and unable to afford Netflix or whatnot to watch it. I will probably get around to it though.

Well when you do decide to see it strap up and hold on to your seat. You're in for one heck of a ride!!!!!

One of the best-if not the best- shows in TV history.

NYYF Legend

Just finished the two episodes. Loved it.

NYYF Legend

Stuck in the house today so I re-watched the first 2 episodes. Can't wait for the next one.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

That first scene has to be after BB in his new life.
    Yep, in BB he said as he was being relocated, he'd probably end up managing a Cinnabon in Omaha in a year.

Great show so far, just caught up on the first two episodes...
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

I watched the first two episodes today. Pretty terrific stuff so far.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Lol Anxious to how Mike actually ended up there.

I have to say if they don't do a spin off about Gustavo Fringe I will be disappointed. Even if its a mini series, Gustavo's character needs to be explored. There's so much there. Vince Gilligan if you're listing-or if anyone has a way to email this to him-please do a series about Gustavo. The Breaking Bad universe deserves it.

I think I've mentioned this before (maybe even debated it with you), but I'm against the idea of a Fringe spin off. I think he's scarier the less you know about him.

I'm with Steve, too, on the best scene of the first two episodes being Saul and Tupac plea bargaining in the desert.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

I don't get the whole Chuck thing. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I don't get the whole Chuck thing. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
    He seems to have some mental illness in which he is afraid of technology.

I know it's Saul's brother, but I never heard them specifically reference this. Did they and I missed it?

Thread Information