+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't send PM?

Can't send PM?

Hi. I can't seem to send a PM. I get a message saying I don't have that privilege. Can someone help me to resolve this so I can send a private message? Thanks!

Re: Can't send PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc22 View Post
    Hi. I can't seem to send a PM. I get a message saying I don't have that privilege. Can someone help me to resolve this so I can send a private message? Thanks!
    There used to be a minimum of 50 posts or 180 days or both or something like that. These days, who knows??
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    There used to be a minimum of 50 posts or 180 days or both or something like that. These days, who knows??
    Thanks. For what it's worth, I have done very little posting. So I am not under that restriction. It says I could have had permissions removed or I need to verify my account (which I thought I had done).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Eric

Thanks. For what it's worth, I have done very little posting. So I am not under that restriction. It says I could have had permissions removed or I need to verify my account (which I thought I had done).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Eric
    You misunderstood. A minimum of 50 posts means you have 42 to go--since you have only 8 right now--and then you can PM, if that is still the rule. Back in the dark ages, there was a problem with spam via PM, hence the rule.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

You misunderstood. A minimum of 50 posts means you have 42 to go--since you have only 8 right now--and then you can PM, if that is still the rule. Back in the dark ages, there was a problem with spam via PM, hence the rule.
    Rules? In a knife fight?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Ahh, I did miss that. So that means that I can't PM anyone until I have 50 posts. Got it, thanks. Never heard of such a thing but it is what it is!

So that means that I can't PM anyone until I have 50 posts.
    Use the next 42 wisely.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Ahh, I did miss that. So that means that I can't PM anyone until I have 50 posts. Got it, thanks. Never heard of such a thing but it is what it is!
    If you tell me who you want to PM and what the message is, I'll PM the person for you.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Use the next 42 wisely.
    Thanks everyone. Now I just have 41 posts to go. Maybe I can post 'thank you' 41 times and I'll be set! : )

Maybe I can post 'thank you' 41 times and I'll be set!
    That would be unwise.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Thanks everyone. Now I just have 41 posts to go. Maybe I can post 'thank you' 41 times and I'll be set! : )
    I believe that posts in The Longest Thread Ever don't count towards your total. But if you won't to post there anyway, bring cookies.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information