+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2014 New York Jets Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Supposedly Geno agreed to pay him back the money fronted, but he hadn't gotten to it yet. Both guys are at fault, as Revis pointed out.
    One person owes a debt. The other committed felony assault. Revis saying 'both are at fault' is why it's essentially impossible to watch football anymore. The players and the critical mass that follow it are dumber than dirt.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    One person owes a debt. The other committed felony assault. Revis saying 'both are at fault' is why it's essentially impossible to watch football anymore. The players and the critical mass that follow it are dumber than dirt.
    Bowles said it takes two to tangle as well.

Something tells me Geno isn't the poor victim in this whole thing. He might not have swung hands, but I bet he could have handled the situation leading up to the punch better.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    Bowles said it takes two to tangle as well.

Something tells me Geno isn't the poor victim in this whole thing. He might not have swung hands, but I bet he could have handled the situation leading up to the punch better.
    I don't know if this is true but I've heard at least one commentator say that Geno had not told IKE that he couldn't come to the charity event and was just a no-show. If that's true then even if his brother's friend died he screwed up and for that alone should have not only paid the ticket cost but also committed to doing another event. Either way it doesn't seem like Geno handled this well at all and is more fuel for the perception that's he not a good team leader and decision maker

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Pro athletes fighting over $600 lol. This would be like myself fighting with one of my friends over $20.
    In fairness, as a 6th round pick who has only been with the team for a year, I doubt Enemkpali is rolling in it by pro athlete standards. $600 could still be somewhat significant to him, and I suspect it probably had as much to do with the principle of the thing as the actual cash, too. Not that it's an excuse for what he did, of course.

NYYF MVP

http://nypost.com/2015/08/12/smug-ge...her-ex-player/

“These guys were in each other’s face,” Clark said on ESPN’s radio show “Mike & Mike.” “Geno put his finger in his face and told the guy, ‘Well, you’re not going to do anything about it.’”
    That will get you laid the f*ck out.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Yeah, you jumped the gun here. Both Revis and Bowles were right and, as I heard as early as yesterday afternoon, Geno had a lot more to do with this thing escalating than you assumed.

Also, calling Revis "dumber than dirt" is pretty dumb dude. The guy is about as intelligent a player on/off the field as I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Pro athletes fighting over $600 lol. This would be like myself fighting with one of my friends over $20.
    Maybe, but perhaps it wasn't the amount and more just the circumstances around the charity event, the way Geno did or didn't handle that and the subsequent discussion around paying him back?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Maybe, but perhaps it wasn't the amount and more just the circumstances around the charity event, the way Geno did or didn't handle that and the subsequent discussion around paying him back?
    From what I hear he didn't tell IK he wouldn't make it to the event until 2hrs after it began. The reason I've heard Geno said he couldn't make it was that his brother was in a motorcycle accident.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Easy there cowgirl, I realize you...........
    That will get you laid the........
    Come on people. This isn't SoSH. We have standards here. Let's clean it up a little. Write as if your Grandmother is going to see what you've written.

Contrary to popular belief, this board still has standards, and is still moderated.

NYYF Legend

wow, Rex Ryan just pulled a fast one and signed IKE for the Bills. lol

man I miss Rex, it's a shame he couldn't coach offense. He's got to know that he's gonna get suspended though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a really severe suspension too

Sucker punches are cowardly, but that definitely is the type of thing that would get your jaw broken. Geno was straight up being a bully, can't see anyone feeling sympathy for him especially considering this was his second time holding out money.

Two sources who have spoken to Jets players who were in the locker room corroborated stories that Smith instigated the altercation with Enemkpali.

The players said Smith and Enemkapli were having words over the $600 debt Smith owed the linebacker, but they were on separate sides of the locker room. One source described Smith as “taunting” Enemkpali over it. Enemkpali challenged Smith to say it to his face. Smith did and pointed his finger in Enemkpali’s face, which then led to Enemkpali punching Smith and breaking his jaw.
    http://nypost.com/2015/08/13/geno-sm...ing-jaw-punch/

Yep. Got what's coming to him. He's a primadonna minus the talent worthy of that attitude. Good riddance & wouldn't be the least bit upset if NYJ cut him.

He's hurt but:

Jets have expressed interest in QB Matt Flynn & discussed bringing him in for visit.
    https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/statu...72171117002752

Thread Information