+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2014 New York Jets Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    At what point do the Jets tank to try and be in a position to draft Mariota? They desperately a true franchise QB.
    What makes you think the Jets wouldn't run Mariota into the ground too?

Can't wait to watch Rex on NFL Network next season. He'll be fun in studio.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    At what point do the Jets tank to try and be in a position to draft Mariota? They desperately a true franchise QB.
    They don't. Football teams don't sabotage themselves to try to get draft picks, especially when their head coach is coaching for his job and may not be there to even use the draft pick.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

It's pretty hopeless, the Jets are the Somalia of the NFL

NYYF Legend

Dumpster fire............tonight if the Pats have their way I can't see Sexy Rexy surviving..........

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Dumpster fire............tonight if the Pats have their way I can't see Sexy Rexy surviving..........
    The Pats have a tendency to play down to their opponent so I expect a sloppy 16-13 win for them - especially if it's raining hard the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    The Pats have a tendency to play down to their opponent so I expect a sloppy 16-13 win for them - especially if it's raining hard the entire game.

Does Rex make it through the season or axed during week 11?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MurdersRow View Post
    I say he stays.........too late to turn things around by axing Rexy........kind of hard to change a football system in mid stream...........

Quote Originally Posted by MurdersRow View Post
    I don't really see any compelling reason to fire him mid-season. I really don't think he's "lost the team" or anything. I just think the team isn't very good, and there's only so much you can do these days without a QB. Rex has his issues, but though I think he will get fired either during or after this season barring some sort of miraculous turnaround, I don't have the dislike toward him that I did toward Herm or Mangini as coaches. I think Rex is a pretty good football coach and I hope he gets another head coaching chance down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I don't really see any compelling reason to fire him mid-season. I really don't think he's "lost the team" or anything. I just think the team isn't very good, and there's only so much you can do these days without a QB. Rex has his issues, but though I think he will get fired either during or after this season barring some sort of miraculous turnaround, I don't have the dislike toward him that I did toward Herm or Mangini as coaches. I think Rex is a pretty good football coach and I hope he gets another head coaching chance down the line.
    Well, one thing is for sure - Rex certainly believes he's a pretty good football coach.

That could be said about every team. It's not like he was in a cave until the Pats took him 199th.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That could be said about every team. It's not like he was in a cave until the Pats took him 199th.
    Matt Simms could be the next Tom Brady but the Jets will never find out out of stubborness/arrogance

It's a fluke Brady was ever even given the chance to prove his mettle too, and I doubt he would have gotten the opportunity over here

Well, I'm not sure if every team had someone in the organization with a serious interest in taking him in that round. It can certainly be said of every team that they passed on him multiple times (including the Pats), but not necessarily that any of them considered taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's a fluke Brady was ever even given the chance to prove his mettle too, and I doubt he would have gotten the opportunity over here
    A fluke single-handedly created by the Jets, of course.

Well no rain, but sloppy game nonetheless. Jets had every opportunity to win and the Pats defense let them stay in the game. How many 3rd and longs did they let the Jets convert?

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
    BREAKING: The JETS have just agreed with Seattle to a trade sending WR Percy Harvin to NY for conditional pick. FOX SPORTS has learned.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
    BREAKING: The JETS have just agreed with Seattle to a trade sending WR Percy Harvin to NY for conditional pick. FOX SPORTS has learned.
    That would be kind of...odd. Any chance he got hacked? I'm assuming he got hacked or is flat out wrong until I see it elsewhere. That wouldn't make any sense.

That would be kind of...odd. Any chance he got hacked? I'm assuming he got hacked or is flat out wrong until I see it elsewhere. That wouldn't make any sense.
    Schefter confirmed the report. Timing is definitely odd, but as long as it's a mid-round pick I like it for the future. They definitely have the cap space. It'll also help Geno out as he auditions for a spot next year. Add another WR in the draft and with Amaro continuing to develop, the offensive weapons might actually be good next season.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Schefter confirmed the report. Timing is definitely odd, but as long as it's a mid-round pick I like it for the future. They definitely have the cap space. It'll also help Geno out as he auditions for a spot next year. Add another WR in the draft and with Amaro continuing to develop, the offensive weapons might actually be good next season.
    I'm not saying it wouldn't make any sense for the Jets. I think it would. I'm saying it wouldn't make any sense for the Seahawks. Why would a Super Bowl contender with some issues on offense trade maybe their biggest playmaking threat for a mid round draft pick? If it's true, I'm wondering if it's a conditional 1/2 (where if the Jets end up in the top 5 or something they give up their 2nd rounder but if they're outside the top 5 they give up their first rounder or something.) I can't see the Seahawks doing this for like a 3rd or 4th rounder. Maybe the Jets made them a pick offer they couldn't refuse.

Seems like it's legit, though. Hopefully it was only a mid rounder. I would think that would be an excellent deal for the Jets.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Seems like it is a conditional mid rounder. Seems like a steal for a guy who was traded for a first round pick (along with a third and seventh rounder) less than two years ago.

NYYF MVP

This is now the second team to give up on Percy in his prime. The guys is a headache and its only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome with the Jets.

I wonder if Harvin is considering jumping off the Space Needle right about now.

Thread Information