Re: You've got to be kidding me!

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCop View Post
    LOL
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

high lel

Case dismissed. Kruk doesn't know enough words for an "unending verbal crusade".

I'm surprised the smell of the chicken didn't wake him up. I wonder if he drooled on the empty seat next to him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skowron View Post
    I'm surprised the smell of the chicken didn't wake him up. I wonder if he drooled on the empty seat next to him.
    You'll be hearing from his attorney too.

If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    You'll be hearing from his attorney too.

Since they said the suit contained grammatical and spelling errors, I assume he is representing himself. He'll probably fall asleep on the way to deliver the subpoena.

NYYF Legend

He's probably a poster here.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Since they said the suit contained grammatical and spelling errors, I assume he is representing himself. He'll probably fall asleep on the way to deliver the subpoena.
    No, he's being represented by one Valentine A. Okwara, who wrote the most wonderful complaint I've seen since Dr. Orly Taitz was in her prime. This excerpt is long, but it's worth it. I think I've accurately transcribed it, only leaving out the paragraph numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine A. Okwara Esq.
    On or about April 13, 2014, the plaintiff was at the rivalry game between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankee. It is well known that rivalry between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox is always the biggest in all of sport. For decades millions of people all over the world turn out or tune in to watch these games. Plaintiff accordingly was at this game.

In the course of watching the game plaintiff napped and this opened unending verbal crusade against the napping plaintiff.

ESPN Cameras focused on the plaintiff, Announcers like Dan Shulman and John Kruck unleashed avalanche of disparaging words against the person of and concerning the plaintiff. These words, include but not limited to “ stupor, fatty , unintelligent , stupid” knowing and intending the same to be heard and listened to by millions of people all over the world, including people that know the plaintiff in person or interacted with the plaintiff.

The defendant Major league Baseball continually repeated these vituperative utterances against the plaintiff on the major league baseball web site the next day. These words and its insinuations presented the plaintiff as symbol of anything but failure

The defendant MLB.Com continued the onslaught to a point of comparing the plaintiff to someone of a confused state of mind, disgusted disgruntled and unintelligent and probably intellectually bankrupt individual

Nothing triggered all these assertions only that the plaintiff briefly slept off while watching the great game something or circumstance any one can easily found them self.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...es-ESPN-576321
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    No, he's being represented by one Valentine A. Okwara, who wrote the most wonderful complaint I've seen since Dr. Orly Taitz was in her prime. This excerpt is long, but it's worth it. I think I've accurately transcribed it, only leaving out the paragraph numbers:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...es-ESPN-576321
    It's like the lawyer wrote the complaint in a foreign language and then ran it through Google Translate to get the English version.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

The lawyer convinced me. Verdict to the plaintiff. Defendant to pay 8 pounds of Oscar Meyer weiners and one quart of Red Bull to named complainant.

This is so f*cken stupid. This is what America has come to?
    But I guess it's an easy way to for this guy to obtain money.

I believe there needs to be a penalty for losing a case like this. If there were a penalty, people would think twice about filing. And not just for the defendant, for the attorney too.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    But I guess it's an easy way to for this guy to obtain money.

I believe there needs to be a penalty for losing a case like this. If there were a penalty, people would think twice about filing. And not just for the defendant, for the attorney too.
    Unless there was more to it than what was covered in the embedded video, I agree with you. That said, I do think camera crews and commentators should lay off individual fans for doing things other than celebrating the game. I'm sure a healthy majority of fans can laugh at themselves when they get ribbed for something like this in front of millions of viewers, but some don't have that same fortitude. That broadcast would have been no worse off by leaving out this guy, let alone going on and on about him and going back to him on camera at least three times.

NYYF Triple Crown

Also unfortunate (for him), as soon as he went through that turnstile and entered the ballpark, he agreed to these terms and conditions:
    (From the back of the ticket):
    (c) the Yankees, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and all MLB affiliates and entities and sponsors and licensees of the MLB affiliates and entities shall have the unrestricted right and license to use his/her image, likeness, name, voice, comments or other proprietary or public rights and that of any minor accompanying him/her, in any broadcast, telecast, photograph, video, audio sound, audiovisual and/or other recording taken in connection with the event or other transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, of the event for all purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity and in any and all means and media now or hereafter know, without compensation. The rights granted herein to the MLB affiliates and entities are assignable.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

If the suit is deemed frivolous he could be on the hook for the defendants' legal expenses. The cynic in me says that won't happen, though.

I think I've found the guy a good trial attorney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpcEietIoxk
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    If the suit is deemed frivolous he could be on the hook for the defendants' legal expenses. The cynic in me says that won't happen, though.

I think I've found the guy a good trial attorney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpcEietIoxk
    The attorney is just as guilty. He obviously is taking the case in hopes of some exposure and is likely only collecting any fees if he wins.
    But like I said, if the defendant should lose, there should be some sanctions against the lawyer as well as a fine for the defendant.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

at the lawsuit and the comments in this thread. this guy is making himself look like even more of a dolt. yikes.

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

The attorney is just as guilty. He obviously is taking the case in hopes of some exposure and is likely only collecting any fees if he wins.
    But like I said, if the defendant should lose, there should be some sanctions against the lawyer as well as a fine for the defendant.

A fine for the defendant? ESPN, MLB and the Yankees are named as defendants.

We should start a pool.

I've got: he settles out of court for $1MM.

A fine for the defendant? ESPN, MLB and the Yankees are named as defendants.
    Eff obviously meant the plaintiff and his attorney should face a fine when they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    We should start a pool.

I'll take the under.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    We should start a pool.

No way

The defendants' legal expenses will be pretty minimal.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

America came to that a looonnnng time ago. Most money/shortest path. It's a thing. Often times it's celebrated as "smart."

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    America came to that a looonnnng time ago. Most money/shortest path. It's a thing. Often times it's celebrated as "smart."
    In this case, I think it's more like " stupor, fatty , unintelligent , stupid."
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information