+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 184 185 186 187
Results 4,651 to 4,673 of 4673

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 3.0)

I think the greatest fan theory ever has to be about Avengers End Game.

The theory goes that Ant-man would shrink down, crawl up Thanos ass, and then proceed to expand. Thereby killing Thanos. Then be eliminated from the “what will bring more death, Game Of Thrones or End Game” debate.

I found it both humorous and feasible.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post

The theory goes that Ant-man would shrink down, crawl up Thanos ass, and then proceed to expand. Thereby killing Thanos. Then be eliminated from the “what will bring more death, Game Of Thrones or End Game” debate.

Someone on Facebook did a GIF of it. Hilarious
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

NYYF Legend

The best one I saw was one of the Avengers telling Thanos that the last Infinity Stone was inside a dog, which he'll have to kill to get it. Thanos easily does so, followed by John Wick appearing and asking, "Where's my dog?"

I re-watched 'High Fidelity' at the weekend, which I really liked, and still do. But man, it feels like we all had a lot fewer problems in the year 2000.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Hope is eternal

Saw the movie “The Public” yesterday. A group of homeless men, with the aid of two librarians, take over a library in Cincinnati Ohio on a brutally cold night after one of their friends froze to death the night before. Tough movie at times but also some humor added in

NYYF Legend

So, we saw Endgame last night.

Actually - not quite, we saw Endgame earlier this morning, as it turned out to be a midnight showing (despite what the tickets said) with Infinity War as the warm up.

Well, we saw 85% of Endgame last night. The movie theater was evacuated at 2:30am due to fire (several people smelled smoke, and at least 5 fire trucks descended), and we just didn't have it in us to wait around outside, queue up to re-enter, and get through the, um, endgame.

But we did see a majority of the movie! It's pretty good. I would say it plays a lot more heavily with MCU history/continuity than any previous film, so it's definitely a fan service victory lap more than a platform for the next phase.

At least, based on the first 5/6ths. Because that's all we saw.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

NYYF Triple Crown

I thought Avengers: Endgame was real bad, and that’s coming from a huge Marvel fan. Plot was terrible and it undid pretty much all of the character development that was done over 20 films this past decade.

"Puttin' on the Ritz" from Young Frankenstein is still sublime.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

This is the Thanus theory.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Looks like Rami Malek is gonna be the villain in Bond 25.

NYYF Legend

Just caught the Battered Bastards of Baseball on Netflix.

Cool story. Surprised I'd never heard it told before.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Hope is eternal

Just saw Avengers: End Game. Phenomenal. Best superhero film I have seen by far.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just saw Avengers: End Game. Phenomenal. Best superhero film I have seen by far.
    I saw it last night and loved it. As with any superhero movie and especially time travel movie there's plot holes how exactly did Iron Man switch the stones at the end?? but all in all it was a perfect exclamation point to the MCU. I loved how for a solid hour it was basically the Leftovers with lots of contemplation about what happened and how to process all that. I loved how they killed Thanos in the first 10 minutes and then realized it was pointless and what now? . All these stories came together in a great way with legit dramatic moments - especially for any parents.

Every character got their moment. The perforamnces were all really good, even from the people you don't normally think about (Renner, Cheadle, Gillan, etc) but the movie was really held together by the two leads Downey & Evans who totally embody their characters start to finish. Each of them got a perfect ending too. Not ashamed to admit that I cried. Bravo to the Russo's for making this work.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I saw it last night and loved it. As with any superhero movie and especially time travel movie there's plot holes how exactly did Iron Man switch the stones at the end?? but all in all it was a perfect exclamation point to the MCU. I loved how for a solid hour it was basically the Leftovers with lots of contemplation about what happened and how to process all that. I loved how they killed Thanos in the first 10 minutes and then realized it was pointless and what now? . All these stories came together in a great way with legit dramatic moments - especially for any parents.

Every character got their moment. The perforamnces were all really good, even from the people you don't normally think about (Renner, Cheadle, Gillan, etc) but the movie was really held together by the two leads Downey & Evans who totally embody their characters start to finish. Each of them got a perfect ending too. Not ashamed to admit that I cried. Bravo to the Russo's for making this work.

Yeah, I didn't get all of the aspects of the time travel either.

But in regards to your question about Iron Man. Tony created the new gauntlet using his nano tech. In Infinity War they struggled to get the gauntlet off of Thanos so to neutralize that problem should it come up again, he made the new gauntlet with his nano tech which allowed his suit to absorb/transfer/get the stones. So at the end before Thanos can snap his fingers again you see Iron Man make a last ditch effort to grab the gauntlet. Its at this time that he's holding onto the gauntlet that the stones are transferred over to Iron Man forming a new gauntlet .

I really enjoyed the movie even though my favorite character (Tony/Iron Man) dies . Hubby follows the comic books and was unhappy with the changes that were made.

Quote Originally Posted by DkNNy79 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get all of the aspects of the time travel either.

But in regards to your question about Iron Man. Tony created the new gauntlet using his nano tech. In Infinity War they struggled to get the gauntlet off of Thanos so to neutralize that problem should it come up again, he made the new gauntlet with his nano tech which allowed his suit to absorb/transfer/get the stones. So at the end before Thanos can snap his fingers again you see Iron Man make a last ditch effort to grab the gauntlet. Its at this time that he's holding onto the gauntlet that the stones are transferred over to Iron Man forming a new gauntlet .

I really enjoyed the movie even though my favorite character (Tony/Iron Man) dies . Hubby follows the comic books and was unhappy with the changes that were made.
    If your hubby is a comic book loyalist, he should watch this video journal. I couldn't get through it because I don't care enough about the comics continuity and I can appreciate the movies for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I am. It looks great.

I'm in!

I finally saw Into the Spiderverse. What a fun movie. I really loved how they animated it. Like no other movie I can recall. Really well done.

NYYF Legend

Looks like Rami Malek is gonna be the villain in Bond 25.
    He should keep the Freddie teeth.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a number of us have been hoping for this!

(I'm not going to post much from the article because it's full of book spoilers)

https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephen...z1oAsNmaRrWnrA

André Øvredal To Direct Stephen King’s ‘The Long Walk’ For New Line

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark director André Øvredal is set to direct New Line’s feature adaptation of Stephen King’s The Long Walk.

--SNIP for spoilers--

The Long Walk is one of three King adaptations in the works at New Line. The others include Salem’s Lot and It: Chapter Two, the sequel to 2017’s $700.3 million global blockbuster It which became the highest-grossing horror film of all time. It: Chapter Two opens September 6.
    It: CHapter 2 looks siiiiiick. I cannot wait.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    This is the Thanus theory.
    I just caught this. nice!
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a number of us have been hoping for this!

(I'm not going to post much from the article because it's full of book spoilers)

https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephen...z1oAsNmaRrWnrA

It: CHapter 2 looks siiiiiick. I cannot wait.
    I never heard of that book. Cool premise, and not surprised he had a story like that decades before all the others.

Yeah I'm excited for It:2.

I never heard of that book. Cool premise, and not surprised he had a story like that decades before all the others.

Yeah I'm excited for It:2.
    There's a 4 book collection with King's work as Richard Bachman. It has The Long Walk, The Running Man, Rage and one other I don't recall. But those three novels are awesome. All 3 I would highly recommend. It's not your typical Creepshow or Pet Semetary. It's thriller/mind-bending type stuff.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

NYYF Legend

There's a 4 book collection with King's work as Richard Bachman. It has The Long Walk, The Running Man, Rage and one other I don't recall. But those three novels are awesome. All 3 I would highly recommend. It's not your typical Creepshow or Pet Semetary. It's thriller/mind-bending type stuff.
    Roadwork
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Roadwork
    Yep, thats the one.

You may find the book on Amazon. But only in this particular type of collection. SK took Rage off the shelf and out of print after Columbine.
    I found it on eBay, I'm actually not sure it's on Amazon anymore. But I didn't check.

https://www.ebay.com/p/The-Bachman-B...d=123755074878
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

Thread Information