+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 4601

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 3.0)

I watched the documentary “islam and the future of tolerance” today and it was awesome. It was awesome

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I finally watched "Logan" last night and it's immediately in my top 3 comic movies of all time. I loved that it wasn't about saving the world or stopping someone from destroying a city. It was just Logan, coming to terms with his life's choices. Having it be rated R was an absolute joy. This is the first time we've realistically seen what someone with indestructible razor claws would be like in a fight and it's BRUTAL.

As always Patrick Stewart was amazing, and what a cool wrinkle showing how dangerous someone with a brain like Professor X would be with dementia. But by far the star of the movie was the girl who played X23. I hope she stays in the franchise because she was awesome.

Roma lives up to the hype. Fantastic and beautiful movie.

Hopefully this is the first Netflix movie to win Best Picture.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IMDb synopsis
    A story that chronicles a year in the life of a middle-class family's maid in Mexico City in the early 1970s.
    Sounds like typical Oscar bait movie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Sounds like typical Oscar bait movie to me.
    Doesn’t mean it isn’t incredible.

And Alfonso Cuaron directs the hell out of it.

I’ve had a good four days of movie watching. Watched Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse on Saturday, First Reformed on Sunday and Roma today.

Recency bias aside, those are the three best movies I have seen all year.

NYYF Legend

I was watching Fail State a documentary about the abuses of for profit colleges and why we have so much student loan debt. It was good but too depressing for me to get through the whole thing.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Who watched Bird a Box? I didn’t think it was all that great and wasn’t impressed given all the hype.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PettittesPrincess View Post
    Who watched Bird a Box? I didn’t think it was all that great and wasn’t impressed given all the hype.
    Well, if you ignore the plot holes you could drive a box truck through, the cliché a minute script, the totally ridiculous cast ensemble: lovable fat girl, courageous gay guy, etc. , weak acting, stupid stuff like taking a rowboat through rapids blindfolded, or the car navigation using GPS and a parking alarm, birds in a shoe box surviving a rapids dunking...the rest of it only mildly sucked. (Kids decided to watch it over my objection...)
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post

I dunno...it was really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by PettittesPrincess View Post
    So you're saying Sandra Bullock is in an overhyped movie? You're kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    So you're saying Sandra Bullock is in an overhyped movie? You're kidding!
    I’m getting confused. Bird Box is a Bullock movie, Bird in a Box is a different movie. What’s everyone talking about?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I’m getting confused. Bird Box is a Bullock movie, Bird in a Box is a different movie. What’s everyone talking about?
    Bird in a Box is a nine minute English comedy short from 2012 with zero hype. I assumed PP was talking about Bird Box with Sandra Bullock, with enormous hype, but I could be wrong. In any case, she wrote
    "Bird a Box"...you are the first one to mention Bird in a Box.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2232344/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Well, I watched Bird Box. Premise was beyond stupid, but a lot of effort went into the production, so there's that.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Well, if you ignore the plot holes you could drive a box truck through, the cliché a minute script, the totally ridiculous cast ensemble: lovable fat girl, courageous gay guy, etc. , weak acting, stupid stuff like taking a rowboat through rapids blindfolded, or the car navigation using GPS and a parking alarm, birds in a shoe box surviving a rapids dunking...the rest of it only mildly sucked. (Kids decided to watch it over my objection...)
    It wasn’t what I was expected after hearing so much buzz. I would have turned it off if not for others watching too. The end was very meh too. Horrible all around.

Hope is eternal

Saw “Vice”. I highly doubt anyone in the Cheney family will say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Saw “Vice”. I highly doubt anyone in the Cheney family will say the same.
    It wasn't very complimentary towards the Cheney family.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It wasn't very complimentary towards the Cheney family.
    Not at all. Loved the way they did the ending.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

[BLEEP] YES!

Director Martin Scorcese has prepped a film documenting Bob Dylan‘s legendary 1975 – 76 Rolling Thunder Revue tour. Netflix will release Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story By Martin Scorsese later this year according to a report from Variety.

“Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese captures the troubled spirit of America in 1975 and the joyous music that Dylan performed during the fall of that year. Part documentary, part concert film, part fever dream, Rolling Thunder is a one of a kind experience, from master filmmaker Martin Scorsese,” reads a description of the movie provided by Netflix to Variety. A release date has yet to be revealed and may be “months away” according to Variety’s source. Scorsese directed the more straightforward Bob Dylan documentary No Direction Home: Bob Dylan in 2005.

Bob Dylan’s Rolling Thunder Revue spanned 57 concerts over two legs between October 30, 1975 and May 25, 1976. Dylan was joined on the tour by Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn and Ramblin’ Jack Elliott and many others. The legendary artist tapped Bob Neuwirth to assemble a backing band that included Mick Ronson, T-Bone Burnett, Scarlet Rivera, David Mansfield, Steven Soles, Rob Stoner and Howie Wyeth. Variety reports Bob was interviewed for the film as were a number of the musicians who participated in the tour.
    https://youtu.be/q0o_0b5abwA
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I saw that from the front row of the New Haven Coliseum. Amazing show.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That is awesome. I have a bootleg of the stop in Toronto. But alas, I was 5 at the time.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

I bow my head in a moment of silence for the long departed decrepit and filthy New Haven Coliseum with the craziest parking garage exit ramps ever engineered by mankind. May you rest in your obliterated peace.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I bow my head in a moment of silence for the long departed decrepit and filthy New Haven Coliseum with the craziest parking garage exit ramps ever engineered by mankind. May you rest in your obliterated peace.
    I likened them to a Luge run at the Winter Olympics.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Amen. Even new, it was a dump.

https://connecticuthistory.org/new-h...ay-in-history/

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    You have something about big metal barns?

Bruce Springsteen was at the same Dylan concert I was. This was not long after Born to Run came out, when Bruce was the biggest thing in rock. My friends and I had better seats than he did.

You have something about big metal barns?

Bruce Springsteen was at the same Dylan concert I was. This was not long after Born to Run came out, when Bruce was the biggest thing in rock. My friends and I had better seats than he did.
    Whatever that sticky substance was on the concrete floor (and I really don't want to know what it was) it could not be removed from the souls of your shoes no matter what cleaning product you used. It was best to wear sacrificial footwear that would be tossed out as soon as you left the coliseum.

A dump doesn't begin to do that place justice.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information