+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Everyone stop what they are doing and go watch The Battered Bastards of Baseball on Netflix right now.

It is excellent.
    Thanks for the heads up. It looks really interesting. Looking forward to checking it out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Everyone stop what they are doing and go watch The Battered Bastards of Baseball on Netflix right now.

It is excellent.
    Thanks for the excellent recommendation. What an incredible documentary. Had no idea about this ever happening. And didn't know going in that it would have such a Yankees link either.

Perfect thing to watch during the All Star Break.

NYYF Legend

Do any of you guys get El Rey Network on cable? It's has a Kung Fu Thursday and Grindhouse Friday. They show unedited (but interrupted with commercials) movies. They also replay X-Files and Starsky & Hutch (?!?!?!?). It's replaced The Cartoon Network as my default "white noise channel."

The Kung Fu movies are fantastic!

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Do any of you guys get El Rey Network on cable? It's has a Kung Fu Thursday and Grindhouse Friday. They show unedited (but interrupted with commercials) movies. They also replay X-Files and Starsky & Hutch (?!?!?!?). It's replaced The Cartoon Network as my default "white noise channel."

The Kung Fu movies are fantastic!
    I have seen that on my guide be never really paid attention to it. Glad to know they're playing kung-fu movies. I miss them ever since G4 went away.

NYYF Legend

Just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier again. I honestly think this is the best installment of the MCU to date (not counting The Avengers). So well done.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYDragoon View Post
    Just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier again. I honestly think this is the best installment of the MCU to date (not counting The Avengers). So well done.
    It's no The Dark Knight, though, am I right???
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    It's no The Dark Knight, though, am I right???
    Of course not. That's like comparing Green Acres with Laverne and Shirley - different universes.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

New trailer for Interstellar was shown at Comic-Con. Hopefully that means it will be public soon. I can't wait for this movie.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We’re all going to die. Come watch TV.”

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    New trailer for Interstellar was shown at Comic-Con. Hopefully that means it will be public soon. I can't wait for this movie.
    My second most anticipated film, only behind Ep. VII.

Tbh I'm looking forwar to Interstellar more. I don't have high hopes for SW. I'm prob better off thy way.

Tbh I'm looking forwar to Interstellar more. I don't have high hopes for SW. I'm prob better off thy way.
    Same here. I'll believe another Star Wars is going to be at original Star Wars level when I see it. I think there's a good chance of it being better than the prequels, but the bar is so high I don't think there's much of a chance they reach it. I'm just hoping it's a good movie.
    -Kevin

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Oh definitely. I fully expect it to be better than ep 1 thru 3 but that's not going to be difficult.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, I understand...and I'm definitely still a bit apprehensive. But Star Wars was literally my entire childhood, and there's no denying that my heart wants to BELIEVE.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    Star Wars was literally my entire childhood
    That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Unless you were actually raised as a Jedi knight and flew a TIE fighter, in which case it's the coolest.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I saw Hercules today. I'll share the consensus from RT, which I think puts it perfectly:

"Hercules has Brett Ratner behind the cameras and Dwayne Johnson rocking the loincloth -- and delivers exactly what any reasonable person reading that description might expect."

It's pure stupidity and goofiness, but rather entertaining to watch because it knows it. A movie like that taking itself ultra seriously would be death, but since it doesn't, it's fun enough. It kind of reminded me of the Kevin Sorbo TV series but with a budget and The Rock instead of Kevin Sorbo. It delivers what it promises, and if you're expecting more than what it gives you, there's something wrong with your expectations.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

This what I think of when I hear someone say Hercules.

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    This what I think of when I hear someone say Hercules.

Every time.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

That's how I feel about both. I'm not even going to watch a trailer for Interstellar. Nolan + McC + scifi = I'll see it blind.

Star Wars I'm going in with low expectations.

This book was pretty horrible, but I'm sure I'll end up seeing these movies at some point.

I saw Lucy last night. It was impressively terrible. The plot was stupid, the characters were non-existent, and the action was dull. If you want to look at Scarlett Johansson, look at her in something else.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Unless you were actually raised as a Jedi knight and flew a TIE fighter, in which case it's the coolest.
    Close enough.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I saw Lucy last night. It was impressively terrible. The plot was stupid, the characters were non-existent, and the action was dull. If you want to look at Scarlett Johansson, look at her in something else.
    I am so disappointed with you. My roommate saw it over the weekend and I said the same thing to him.

Really, all they had to do was change the rationale for the premise and I would be indifferent about this movie. I can't wait for Lucy II where she starts using 100% of her lung capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That's how I feel about both. I'm not even going to watch a trailer for Interstellar. Nolan + McC + scifi = I'll see it blind.

Star Wars I'm going in with low expectations.
    I saw a trailer for Intersteller yesterday at the movies, but I barely remember anything about it, which probably means it wasn't too revealing.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I saw a trailer for Intersteller yesterday at the movies, but I barely remember anything about it, which probably means it wasn't too revealing.
    No, the last trailer isn't. Which I love. I'm with Greg I'll go in blind on any Nolan movie. But they just released another trailer at comic con. I'm debating looking for it.

Thread Information