+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 175 176 177 178
Results 4,426 to 4,439 of 4439
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Speaking of Marvel, a bit of a condemnation, but I saw those movies were on Netflix and decided to catch up on the Marvel Universe. Last night I watched Avengers 2 for the first time. About 80% of the way through it I realized it actually wasn't the first time and I had seen it in theaters. When it takes you 80% of the movie to realize that, it probably wasn't terribly memorable.
    Avengers 2 is quite terrible and bloated and stupid.

Infinity War though was awesome.

NYYF Legend

Finally watched Deadpool2 this weekend. I agree it was a good family movie.

I’ve seen a good chunk of the Marvel catalogue of movies, some better than others. But I’m into that kind of thing. I can see where others are not.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

In other superhero news, looks like Henry Cavill is out at Superman over at DC. Yeah, because he was the problem....

Maybe now he can be the next Bond though.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...ws&date=092018

Cary Fukunaga is now going to direct Bond 25. Release pushed back from Nov 2019 to Feb 2020.

Reject Fascism

PSA. Do NOT even THINK of subscribing to MoviePass. I bought an annual plan in March for a total of $105. Deal was one movie free per day. Too good to be true? Agreed, but what they did to me is unethical. Around Mid June, they started blocking first run popular box office movies for the first 2-3 weeks and charged based on how popular. That didn’t work so they started in July limiting the film choices eligible for moviepass on a given day. Then they announced for monthly plans and when annual passes expire, will only pay 3 free movies per month and. “Up to” $5 credit for movie 4 on up. Ok that stinks but I am fine until March of 2019. Then I get a message saying that they are altering my plan and I now would be limited to the three free movies a month AND with the limited film choice. Today I have one eligible film, a kids movie! We had the option of cancelling by 8/31/18 but foolishly I did not. Last week moviepass started sending emails to those that did cancel and WITHOUT PERMISSION, reactivated their account under the original terms (one movie per day with no film blackouts). So because I didn’t cancel I am stuck with a useless card. I am out! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    PSA. Do NOT even THINK of subscribing to MoviePass. I bought an annual plan in March for a total of $105. Deal was one movie free per day. Too good to be true? Agreed, but what they did to me is unethical. Around Mid June, they started blocking first run popular box office movies for the first 2-3 weeks and charged based on how popular. That didn’t work so they started in July limiting the film choices eligible for moviepass on a given day. Then they announced for monthly plans and when annual passes expire, will only pay 3 free movies per month and. “Up to” $5 credit for movie 4 on up. Ok that stinks but I am fine until March of 2019. Then I get a message saying that they are altering my plan and I now would be limited to the three free movies a month AND with the limited film choice. Today I have one eligible film, a kids movie! We had the option of cancelling by 8/31/18 but foolishly I did not. Last week moviepass started sending emails to those that did cancel and WITHOUT PERMISSION, reactivated their account under the original terms (one movie per day with no film blackouts). So because I didn’t cancel I am stuck with a useless card. I am out! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!
    Yeah, I’m basically in the situation you are. I didn’t even know I had the chance to cancel, I have to make a point of seeing just a few more movies to make my money back.

Since they’ve been limiting the movies, it sucks even more that you can’t see what’s available tomorrow, only what’s available today.

I was just month to month. They sent me a notice they would no longer take PayPal as payment and requested a credit card. Ha. Yeah right. See ya.

Now I'm happy I was too lazy to sign up for that.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Now I'm happy I was too lazy to sign up for that.
    Noooo. I saw more movies this past year in the theater than I've ever seen in a single year in my life. No regrets whatsoever. And I think I'm going to try Sinema next.
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Noooo. I saw more movies this past year in the theater than I've ever seen in a single year in my life. No regrets whatsoever. And I think I'm going to try Sinema next.
    Sounds like a way to anally expel your evil deeds.

How did that make it through the focus groups?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Sounds like a way to anally expel your evil deeds.

How did that make it through the focus groups?
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

I like the space flicks, so we went to see First Man last night. It seems that what they were hoping to get across to viewers was just how difficult it was to pull off the Gemini and Apollo flights, how dangerous it was and how it affected friends and families of the astronauts. Mission accomplished there. Good story line, good acting.

Then there's the directing, done by Damien Chazelle who did a great job directing Whiplash. Not such a good job here. The action scenes were okay, but the rest of it appeared to be mostly a hand-held camera at way too close range of his subjects....made you kind of sick to your stomach watching it and it distracted from the story line a lot.

Long movie, almost 2.5 hours, could have been easily done in 2. A solid B on the Bub scale.
    Let the kids play.

This isn't playing anywhere near me but I really think I should see it on the biggest screen possible.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ime/full-post/

Not sure I agree, but that's with any list.

Thread Information