+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 155 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3864
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    That is one of those comedies that's always underrated, much like Andie MacDowell.
    Awww - I love Andie MacDowell! <3
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Awww - I love Andie MacDowell! <3
    Impossible not to.

NYYF Legend

Her daughter (The Leftovers) ain't too shabby either.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Her daughter (The Leftovers) ain't too shabby either.
    Ah, didn't know that was her daughter.

Still, prime Andie >>> than her sequel.

NYYF Legend

Finally completed viewing all the Best Picture nominated films from 2016 with Lion. Loved Lion I rank this and Hacksaw Ridge as the best of 2016.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

NSFW language:

Must see.

Dunkirk coming out July 21st. The next Nolan masterpiece. Can't wait!

Wakefield looks pretty insane. Not sure if that's in a good or bad way until I see it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I cannot wait either and I am so hoping that the women/love interests, in the movie, are kept far away on the other side of the channel.......preferably on the western side of the British home isle at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I cannot wait either and I am so hoping that the women/love interests, in the movie, are kept far away on the other side of the channel.......preferably on the western side of the British home isle at that.
    I don't know that you have to worry about that. Looking at the cast, it looks like the only women are nurses on a destroyer. I'm curious about the casting of Harry Styles.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I watched The Nice Guys this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Easily 100x better than Inherient Vice.

Yeah, Interstellar was f*cking great. The part where he's a ghost in a bookshelf was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    NSFW language:

Steve has a bodyguard and it's Samuel L. Jackson? That's pretty freaking awesome.

Get Out was intense. It's insane while still somewhat predictable but creepy as hell.

Get Out was intense. It's insane while still somewhat predictable but creepy as hell.
    Man, it was just OK for me. I was a bit disappointed, honestly. With that said, it definitely had its moments.

Nolan picture with Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Man, it was just OK for me. I was a bit disappointed, honestly. With that said, it definitely had its moments.
    I watched it on a tablet with headphones in a pitch black room. I wonder if that played any part because I've noticed it heightens thrillers or suspense-type movies.

I watched it on a tablet with headphones in a pitch black room. I wonder if that played any part because I've noticed it heightens thrillers or suspense-type movies.
    So watching a film in an immersive environment can enhance its effect???

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    So watching a film in an immersive environment can enhance its effect???
    Do you have to be obnoxious in every thread you visit?

I love doing this! It has the added component of keeping me more awake for some reason. Sigh. Getting old sucks. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Do you have to be obnoxious in every thread you visit?
    He's an obsessive little troll, isn't he. So cute.

Let's hope to God none of us ever have to experience GC in an immersive environment.

Am I crazy for enjoying Suicide Squad more than some of the recent Marvel movies?
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Am I crazy for enjoying Suicide Squad more than some of the recent Marvel movies?
    Most people bash that movie. I loved it. Obviously I'm a fanboy for all things Batman/Gotham City involved so I'm not all that great of a judge. I mean I have criticized harshly the 90s movies with Val Kilmer and George Clooney. So I am able to say something sucks. But SS to me was highly entertaining. Just needed more Joker. They cut so much of his screen time out. Leto did a decent job, nothing spectacular but enough to make it acceptable. But he should have been involved more.

From the source material they did a decent job. I had some criticisms but overall, just like Leto's Joker, it was acceptable.

Thread Information