+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Re: Yankee Universe MVP

Our seats were in section 132 row 20 (which seemed to be actual row 10 or so). Not bad seats, especially since they were free.

So I sat in section 132; my MVP seats for a subway series game were in 121B; and I got a box of trinkets.

No bad for $195 donation.

Forum Regular

In addition to the three players mentioned below, when I arrived at 3:00 Tino was there. Got autographs and photos. Spoke to him about playing in the old-timers game and he was surprisingly negative -- he though it was too long and boring for the fans and suggested just introductions and perhaps a home run derby.

Later during batting practice RA Dickey was getting in his off-day workout and we got an autograph and photos. Plus Ichiro was tossing balls in to the stands and we managed to snag a couple.

I thought the one real negative was being stuck in the one section until 5pm (or if you chose to leave you could not return until 5pm). Given that the event would be better from a timing perspective if instead of being 2 - 4 it was 2:30 - 4:30 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Here is how my day went - and I will answer your questions as I go along:

We arrived around 3:30 - we drove up from southern NJ and had to work today, so we couldn't leave early enough to get there at 2P and I am glad we did not.

We got our tickets, our "passes" and were ushered into the stadium. We went over first to meet the players - I introduced myself and my daughter, after which Charlie Hayes basically was no longer interested since I didn't want his autograph. We had a nice, albeit brief, conversation with Graeme Lloyd and Jeff Nelson. Graeme and my daughter talked briefly about Australia - she went over there for three weeks while he was with the Yankees.

After the meet and greet, we sat in the stands somewhere probably in section 128 and watched the pre-game preparations. In a word - boring.

As for Monument Park, they wouldn't let you in until the gates opened at 5P - we were restricted to a small area around gate 2. The did have several of the concession stands open, so food and drink was readily available.

At 5P, there was a bit of a mad rush on to Monument Park. I use a cane, so I can't sprint the way that some people did, but there was no line when I got there. We went through (not my first time) and saw the various monuments and plaques.

Then we walked around the park and eventually got to the museum - again no lines.

Finally to our seats - we were in Section 107, Row 12, seats 9 & 10. If you know the section, I was looking through the foul pole screen and we had the TV camera in front of us - yes, they were obstructed view seats, but for the price ($FREE), how can you complain. Eventually, the cameraman showed up and we had a nice talk with him - apparently, some people who sit in those seats blame him for placing the camera there, like he has any say in the matter. He told us that we could contact the Yankees and complain, but why - the seats were $FREE.

Anyway, the upside of sitting in those seats all game - we were featured on the YES broadcast during the signing of God Bless America.

All in all, a good day.

NYYF Legend

Does anybody know how to find your YU membership number?

I lost my card and I can't find the number in any email or online in the YU area. Is your member number simply your redemption code (YXX14XXXXXXX) ?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Does anybody know how to find your YU membership number?

I lost my card and I can't find the number in any email or online in the YU area. Is your member number simply your redemption code (YXX14XXXXXXX) ?
    If you have a problem with your Yankees Universe membership, please contact us by using one of the following methods.

For questions related to listening to MLB.com Gameday Audio, accessing the Yankees Universe members-only section on yankees.com, or using your MVP tier ticket code, please:
    Fill out the Contact Us form online
    Send an email to yankeesuniverse@yankees.mlb.com
    Call 1-866-800-1275
    For questions about receiving your Yankees Universe Welcome Package, please:
    Call (800) GO-YANKS

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    If you have a problem with your Yankees Universe membership, please contact us by using one of the following methods.

For questions related to listening to MLB.com Gameday Audio, accessing the Yankees Universe members-only section on yankees.com, or using your MVP tier ticket code, please:
    Fill out the Contact Us form online
    Send an email to yankeesuniverse@yankees.mlb.com
    Call 1-866-800-1275
    For questions about receiving your Yankees Universe Welcome Package, please:
    Call (800) GO-YANKS
    I have twice contacted them and they got back to me within 24 hours - definitely good customer service.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

By the way they downgraded YU MVP sometime mid season, you used to be able to have your pick of any MVP seats between the dugouts. Now you can only select field outfield or the very top rows of field infield

Forum Regular

Anyone know what the rainout terms are for YU MVP tickets?

NYYF Legend

about the YU event people went to - was there any free food included? I'm wondering if it's worth it to show up so early. When you go in, do they scan your tickets you picked up or could you potentially leave the stadium and come back in at game time?

Forum Regular

about the YU event people went to - was there any free food included? I'm wondering if it's worth it to show up so early. When you go in, do they scan your tickets you picked up or could you potentially leave the stadium and come back in at game time?
    No free food. Not even much paid food, as most vending stations were closed.

They let you in without scanning your ticket. After the meet and greet you are given the option of leaving with your ticket unscanned (in which you can return when the gates open normally) or staying, in which case they scan your ticket and herd you into single section or two where you must remain (until the gates open). I seem to recall we got there around 3:00 and there was nothing to do until 3:40 or so when some players started taking early batting practice. That worked out very well as we got a couple of baseballs and autographs. Then there was another lull around 4:40 with nothing to do until 5:00 when we could head to the ticketed seats, etc.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    No free food. Not even much paid food, as most vending stations were closed.

They let you in without scanning your ticket. After the meet and greet you are given the option of leaving with your ticket unscanned (in which you can return when the gates open normally) or staying, in which case they scan your ticket and herd you into single section or two where you must remain (until the gates open). I seem to recall we got there around 3:00 and there was nothing to do until 3:40 or so when some players started taking early batting practice. That worked out very well as we got a couple of baseballs and autographs. Then there was another lull around 4:40 with nothing to do until 5:00 when we could head to the ticketed seats, etc.
    gotcha, to be frank - it all sounds a bit lame as an "exclusive event", the baseballs & autographs part would be the only reason to go depending on who's there

were the seats decent at least?

gotcha, to be frank - it all sounds a bit lame as an "exclusive event", the baseballs & autographs part would be the only reason to go depending on who's there

were the seats decent at least?
    I think my seats were in sec 132, row 20.(LF foul pole) Which is actual row 10 in the section. Ticketmaster has them as $101.90 each them.....very overpriced if you had to buy them.

FREE ...you can't beat it ! It looks like there is nothing available out in 107 (RF pole) so I think YU is out there Mon and Wed.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I think my seats were in sec 132, row 20.(LF foul pole) Which is actual row 10 in the section. Ticketmaster has them as $101.90 each them.....very overpriced if you had to buy them.

FREE ...you can't beat it ! It looks like there is nothing available out in 107 (RF pole) so I think YU is out there Mon and Wed.
    When I went we were in 107; I think the first 10 rows or so were YU.

Does anybody know who the players are for August 6th event? If you know who was there the 4th that is most likely who is there tomorrow.

NYYF Legend

anyone know what happens to your comp tickets if there's a rain out?

anyone know what happens to your comp tickets if there's a rain out?
    You can only use it for the rescheduled game. It has no cash value, and cannot be exchanged for another game.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/policy.jsp
    http://m.yankees.mlb.com/promo/rainout_policy

Odds are they will play in the rain, given the importance of the games for the AL Wild Card.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    You can only use it for the rescheduled game. It has no cash value, and cannot be exchanged for another game.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/policy.jsp
    http://m.yankees.mlb.com/promo/rainout_policy

Odds are they will play in the rain, given the importance of the games for the AL Wild Card.
    I see, but there's always the chance of a single admission double header the next day. From what I understand comp tickets have no value but that would be screwing YU members out of their ticket allotment

I see, but there's always the chance of a single admission double header the next day. From what I understand comp tickets have no value but that would be screwing YU members out of their ticket allotment
    I am sure the Yankees do not see it that way...

Someone over at BF cashed in his FST Mets vouchers for a game that got rained out... The tickets had COMP on them... He never advised what happened...

And what if they reschedule for Monday afternoon???

I know it says "Comp" on the ticket but it's not really a comp ticket since you paid for a YU membership. I would hope that YU would give you a replacement ticket for this or next season.

p.s. YU are will call tickets so would you even have the ticket in case of a rain check?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    YU are will call tickets so would you even have the ticket in case of a rain check?
    depends how early they call it. will call sometimes opens 3 hours+ before the game

hey, is it me or the opportunity to be part of playoff ticket pre sale lottery not part of Yankee Universe benefits this year?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    hey, is it me or the opportunity to be part of playoff ticket pre sale lottery not part of Yankee Universe benefits this year?
    For questions about Yankees Universe Package, please call:
    (800) GO-YANKS

if you call please ask about pre sale in February and pre sale for post season and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    For questions about Yankees Universe Package, please call:
    (800) GO-YANKS

if you call please ask about pre sale in February and pre sale for post season and let us know.
    Will do in the morning

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Will do in the morning
    Spoke to Yanks this morning. YU members for sale in Feb for next regular season sale. I asked about playoffs and the rep said that playoffs presale was usually part of benefits and he had not heard anything different for this year.

Also, if one has bought an MVP or received an MVP YU then that person can purchase additional MVPs for 100 off either for themselves or as a gift for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Spoke to Yanks this morning. YU members for sale in Feb for next regular season sale. I asked about playoffs and the rep said that playoffs presale was usually part of benefits and he had not heard anything different for this year.

Also, if one has bought an MVP or received an MVP YU then that person can purchase additional MVPs for 100 off either for themselves or as a gift for someone.
    Thanks, this totally slipped my mind this morning.

Anybody have an MVP membership and willing to help me buy one with that offer? I'll send money in advance, of course. PM me.

Thread Information