+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Yankee Universe MVP

Well it's getting to be ticket time! I looked at the Yankee Universe MVP package for $295 that includes Field Level seats and it looks like a good deal. I saw some threads for it back in 2011 but nothing recently.

Still look like a good ideal at some swag plus two field level seat tickets? Thoughts?

Re: Yankee Universe MVP

Last season when I received my season tickets there was an offer code for Yankees Universe Memberships, I think Universe MVP was $195 instead of $295 with the discount code, so you may want to wait until March to buy.

Forum Regular

I also got it last year for $195. I'd wait it out to see. I think it was well worth the $195 price tag. Sat in Sec 120B for a game against Texas.

NYYF Legend

watch out because the default is to auto-renew and charge your card

Forum Regular

Last year it was a fantastic deal as in addition to the 2 field MVP seats they gave out another pair as well. So for my $195 I got 4 field MVP tickets (all for weekend games, so it was not a Tuesday night throwaway). I am hoping a coupon becomes available as at $295 it is not necessarily a slam dunk.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    watch out because the default is to auto-renew and charge your card
    This actually worked in my favor last year. I forgot to shut off auto-renew and they charged me. They give you a week to cancel, which I did, no problem. When I got the discount code with my season tickets, I signed up for Yankees Universe again.. and to my surprise, there were TWO ticketmaster codes for field mvp seats... and both worked. Ended up getting two games in Field MVP with my one Yankees Universe membership.

I'm not familiar with Yankee Universe - what exactly is it & what do you get?
    Is it worth doing in addition to my season ticket plan?
    Thanks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I'm not familiar with Yankee Universe - what exactly is it & what do you get?
    Is it worth doing in addition to my season ticket plan?
    Thanks
    You get a box full of trinkets and a presale code for Yankee games & other events. With the highest tier MVP plan you also get a pair of tickets that you must pick up at will call on the day of the game

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Is this in any way affiliated with the program they had where the money from the sale of Yankees Universe t-shirts goes to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center? Or is this a strictly for-profit fan club created by the Yankees?

I can't even seem to find the Yankees Universe t-shirts on the website anymore. Are they still doing that?
    27-Time World Champions

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    I can't even seem to find the Yankees Universe t-shirts on the website anymore. Are they still doing that?
    you only get it with the MVP tier now

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

you only get it with the MVP tier now

I don't care about the shirt. I just want to know if at least some of the Yankee Universe money still goes to the cancer center or if all the money goes to the Yankees.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Last season when I received my season tickets there was an offer code for Yankees Universe Memberships, I think Universe MVP was $195 instead of $295 with the discount code, so you may want to wait until March to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    I also got it last year for $195. I'd wait it out to see. I think it was well worth the $195 price tag. Sat in Sec 120B for a game against Texas.
    Here are the details on the plans:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/f...m/universe.jsp

Order today (1/29/14) and get a free CC bobble-head in addition to the rest of the trinkets..

As a plan holder, just got the email for 34% off an MVP membership... makes it $195.

The Codes are:

NYYMVP14 (34% off MVP)
    NYYROOKIE14 (10% off Rookie)
    NYYEXPLORER14 (10% off Explorer)

It would seem they aren't linked to a particular subscriber.

You get a box full of trinkets and a presale code for Yankee games & other events. With the highest tier MVP plan you also get a pair of tickets that you must pick up at will call on the day of the game

Do you get a list of games to choose from?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Do you get a list of games to choose from?
    Nope, you can pick any game you want except premium designated games.

So that means no OD, old timers, mets, or red sox. Last year I believe they added Dodgers & Giants to that list. The only catch is you have to pick up the tickets 2 hours before the game at the Stadium, no email/mail option

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    This actually worked in my favor last year. I forgot to shut off auto-renew and they charged me. They give you a week to cancel, which I did, no problem. When I got the discount code with my season tickets, I signed up for Yankees Universe again.. and to my surprise, there were TWO ticketmaster codes for field mvp seats... and both worked. Ended up getting two games in Field MVP with my one Yankees Universe membership.
    So we get 4 Field MVP tickets for $195 with a Yankees Universe MVP membership?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    So we get 4 Field MVP tickets for $195 with a Yankees Universe MVP membership?
    I don't think we are supposed to... I think I got 4 due to a glitch in the system. If you want to try the same thing as me (where I canceled an auto renew sub and then re-signed up), it may work again...

Is the pre-sale for Universe members on the 18th as well?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Benzon View Post

Hope so - so far . . nothing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Benzon View Post
    YU presale is the next day, 2/19 @ 10 AM

Forum Regular

YU presale is the next day, 2/19 @ 10 AM
    Has any one gotten their YU presale codes? Surprised that MasterCard announced already before the YU...

Are you all sure it is still Field MVP tickets? It just says Field Level tickets this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    Are you all sure it is still Field MVP tickets? It just says Field Level tickets this year.
    It's been that language for at least the past couple years. You'll probably get MVP but it's fully in their rights to give you seats down the lines. It wouldn't surprise me if that happened one of these days and you wouldn't have much of an argument against it

NYYF Cy Young

Did anyone get their package with the YU "goodies" yet? The website says they start shipping in December 2013 and I haven't gotten mine yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Did anyone get their package with the YU "goodies" yet? The website says they start shipping in December 2013 and I haven't gotten mine yet.
    they're at the late end of the delivery promise, the ad campaign kicked off end of January and they said 3-4 weeks for delivery, but nothing yet

they're at the late end of the delivery promise, the ad campaign kicked off end of January and they said 3-4 weeks for delivery, but nothing yet
    Have a question on the seats that one gets for the MVP level of membership. Based on where tickets were allocated in previous seasons, does anyone think these tickets would come with that new club access they are building?

Thread Information