+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Yankee Universe MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I went to last night's game with YU MVP tickets. I was in section 121 B row 21, on the aisle. Fantastic seats. Really great view. No complaints.

However, the tickets do say YU MVP on them and I tried to get into the MVP club but the scan does not allow the tickets inside. I tried with two different people at the 'rope" and it doesn't work. Really not a big deal as the comp stuff inside was minimal.

I hope the next game I picked as the bonus (Tex bobble head night) has tickets anyway close to how good these seats were.

Considering that this is supposed to be a big perk for the MPV ticket holders and they took away half of the Team Store and most of the Stadium's main entrance corridor to build this club, it's disturbing that it's not a big deal. Why did they go thru all of that expense??

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Considering that this is supposed to be a big perk for the MPV ticket holders and they took away half of the Team Store and most of the Stadium's main entrance corridor to build this club, it's disturbing that it's not a big deal. Why did they go thru all of that expense??
    I wasn't allowed inside with the YU MVP tickets, but i spoke to someone who said that they only freebies are "fountain soda, bottled water, peanuts, and popcorn". Anything else you have to pay for.

I was happy with the free tickets, and I brought my own water bottle.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Has anyone heard about the June 18 event yet? Submitted my application the first day, but no response yet.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Has anyone heard about the June 18 event yet? Submitted my application the first day, but no response yet.
    Still waiting, but they did announce the names of the former players attending:
    Jeff Nelson, Charlie Hayes and Graeme Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post

These guys always hangout by Bald Vinny and the Bleachers Creatures - No membership needed.

Just have a baseball and a working pen when you go there - and they will signed everything.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    hahaha, they'd have to pay me to go to that event. I went to one a few years ago and it was a waste of time.

Any confirmations on the dates selected?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Any confirmations on the dates selected?
    Found an email I had sent YU and emailed them yesterday. Got an answer today that my form was received and I would get an email (tickets at Gate 2) end of this week. I selected June 18.

Found an email I had sent YU and emailed them yesterday. Got an answer today that my form was received and I would get an email (tickets at Gate 2) end of this week. I selected June 18.
    I received an email 10 minutes ago. Confirmed for June 19.

NYYF Legend

I received an email 10 minutes ago. Confirmed for June 19.
    Got mine today for June 18. 2PM? What am I possibly going to do for five hours before the game?

Likely, I will arrive around 3:30 to get the early entry into the park, do Monument Park & the Museum, then eat way too many dogs for my diet.

If it rains during the YU event (I am scheduled for Thursday), what is plan B?

Got mine today for June 18. 2PM? What am I possibly going to do for five hours before the game?

Likely, I will arrive around 3:30 to get the early entry into the park, do Monument Park & the Museum, then eat way too many dogs for my diet.

If you haven't been to the museum in a few years.. There is a new Mickey Mantle display.

Forum Regular

They will probably reschedule it to be played during the September Toronto series, call it a premium game, and make you pick another one. I have the Thursday YU game too.

Worried about rain 6 days from now? NOAA guesses it will be 85 and sunny.

I am more interested in where the tickets could be. I realize that the MVP field tickets for the Mets game in 121B won't happen, but I hope they are not nose bleed seats. Since they are free, I'll use them even if they are.

Forum Regular

Can anyone explain what the YU Special Events is all about? I'm going on Thursday and I really don't know what to expect. If I arrive right at 2:00, are there things to see and do for the entire 3 hours? Or is it more of an open house type of arrangement? What sort of game seats are provided? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Can anyone explain what the YU Special Events is all about? I'm going on Thursday and I really don't know what to expect. If I arrive right at 2:00, are there things to see and do for the entire 3 hours? Or is it more of an open house type of arrangement? What sort of game seats are provided? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm not trying to get your hopes up or anything but I saw on the mastercard website that there are 4 open slots for on the field bp viewing for Thursday. It would be pretty awesome if the YU MVP group got to stand there too. Personally I'm hoping that someone that goes on Wednesday posts about the experience so I can decide whether or not it's worth it to go on Thursday.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    I'm not trying to get your hopes up or anything but I saw on the mastercard website that there are 4 open slots for on the field bp viewing for Thursday. It would be pretty awesome if the YU MVP group got to stand there too. Personally I'm hoping that someone that goes on Wednesday posts about the experience so I can decide whether or not it's worth it to go on Thursday.

So can one grab those slots ahead of time? Or are the randomly assigned?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    So can one grab those slots ahead of time? Or are the randomly assigned?
    The mastercard slots? I guess anyone with an MC could but I didn't try. There were only 4 available so I would imagine that's a tough one to come by.

I called Yankees today about the event for tomorrow and they assured me that you will be in the stands not on the field if you are part of YU. I also had a death in the family that will prevent me from going and I was told that I cannot reschedule this to August.

NYYF Legend

At the Stadium for the event. Met Hayes, Lloyd & Nelson (not an autograph guy). Seats are section 107 in RF corner.

Forum Regular

At the Stadium for the event. Met Hayes, Lloyd & Nelson (not an autograph guy). Seats are section 107 in RF corner.
    I am going tomorrow. Do you suggest arriving right at 2:00? Are there actually 3 hours worth of activities?

I am going tomorrow. Do you suggest arriving right at 2:00? Are there actually 3 hours worth of activities?
    I was wondering this too. Monument Park, Museum, anything else to do before gates open at 5pm?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I was wondering this too. Monument Park, Museum, anything else to do before gates open at 5pm?
    Here is how my day went - and I will answer your questions as I go along:

We arrived around 3:30 - we drove up from southern NJ and had to work today, so we couldn't leave early enough to get there at 2P and I am glad we did not.

We got our tickets, our "passes" and were ushered into the stadium. We went over first to meet the players - I introduced myself and my daughter, after which Charlie Hayes basically was no longer interested since I didn't want his autograph. We had a nice, albeit brief, conversation with Graeme Lloyd and Jeff Nelson. Graeme and my daughter talked briefly about Australia - she went over there for three weeks while he was with the Yankees.

After the meet and greet, we sat in the stands somewhere probably in section 128 and watched the pre-game preparations. In a word - boring.

As for Monument Park, they wouldn't let you in until the gates opened at 5P - we were restricted to a small area around gate 2. The did have several of the concession stands open, so food and drink was readily available.

At 5P, there was a bit of a mad rush on to Monument Park. I use a cane, so I can't sprint the way that some people did, but there was no line when I got there. We went through (not my first time) and saw the various monuments and plaques.

Then we walked around the park and eventually got to the museum - again no lines.

Finally to our seats - we were in Section 107, Row 12, seats 9 & 10. If you know the section, I was looking through the foul pole screen and we had the TV camera in front of us - yes, they were obstructed view seats, but for the price ($FREE), how can you complain. Eventually, the cameraman showed up and we had a nice talk with him - apparently, some people who sit in those seats blame him for placing the camera there, like he has any say in the matter. He told us that we could contact the Yankees and complain, but why - the seats were $FREE.

Anyway, the upside of sitting in those seats all game - we were featured on the YES broadcast during the signing of God Bless America.

All in all, a good day.

NYYF Cy Young

Are you able to leave the stadium and come back in after the meet and greet or are tickets scanned at that point? I would like to pick up a deli sandwich outside to bring in for dinner and picking it up at 2pm seems like it won't stay fresh.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Are you able to leave the stadium and come back in after the meet and greet or are tickets scanned at that point? I would like to pick up a deli sandwich outside to bring in for dinner and picking it up at 2pm seems like it won't stay fresh.
    You can choose to leave or stay.

Thread Information