+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo...Today...

Re: Sooo...Today...

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The theme from Peter Gunn was catchy. That wasn't catchy.
    Or "Secret Agent." But I meant catchy just in the earworm sense.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

This poor man died when his bedroom caved into a sinkhole in Florida.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/02/us/flo...html?hpt=hp_t1

Is Florida just making up stuff now?
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Is Florida just making up stuff now?
    Isn't that what happened to Johnny Depp in Nightmare on Elm Street?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I didn't mean to minimize the tragedy, the accounts from his family are terrifying. But that state is pretty much a whole different planet.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I didn't mean to minimize the tragedy, the accounts from his family are terrifying. But that state is pretty much a whole different planet.
    It is bizarre how most of the bad/odd stuff happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Appropriately posted in an obituary thread.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Appropriately posted in an obituary thread.
    Holy sh!t, is that what this is, or what it's become? I thought we already had an obituary thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Holy sh!t, is that what this is, or what it's become? I thought we already had an obituary thread?
    Lemme see if I can get you up to speed:

The Sooo....Today.... political thread was closed by the mods some time ago. The previous obituary thread specified that it was about 2012. Eric, for no apparent reason other than to confuse and enrage me (and you, apparently), made a new Sooo...today...thread to serve as the 2013 obituary thread. And that's where we are.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Lemme see if I can get you up to speed:

The Sooo....Today.... political thread was closed by the mods some time ago. The previous obituary thread specified that it was about 2012. Eric, for no apparent reason other than to confuse and enrage me (and you, apparently), made a new Sooo...today...thread to serve as the 2013 obituary thread. And that's where we are.
    It was at my flippant suggestion.
    - Barry Manilow

It was at my flippant suggestion.
    I apologize. Let me rephrase. Eric, for no other reason than Dr. John's supreme dumbassedry, made a new Sooo...today...thread to serve as the 2013 obituary thread.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

I apologize. Let me rephrase. Eric, for no other reason than Dr. John's supreme dumbassedry, made a new Sooo...today...thread to serve as the 2013 obituary thread.
    That's more like it. Accuracy is important.
    - Barry Manilow

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

And because it was clever.

(Though it's such a fine line between clever and...stupid.)
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

being difficult is a given

NYYF Legend

The other obit thread didn't have "2012" in the title and a number of people have still posted updates there that have, in some cases, been duplicated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    The other obit thread didn't have "2012" in the title and a number of people have still posted updates there that have, in some cases, been duplicated here.
    ...and we all know that redundant threads are insidious and offensive; the forum cannot survive such blatant disorganization and will begin to dissolve and feed upon itself. It is supreme internet irony that the death of the forum shall be brought about by two dueling obituary threads.

It's all JL's fault.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    ...and we all know that redundant threads are insidious and offensive; the forum cannot survive such blatant disorganization and will begin to dissolve and feed upon itself. It is supreme internet irony that the death of the forum shall be brought about by two dueling obituary threads.

It's all JL's fault.
    I actually think this works well. The Larry Hagmans of the world no longer need to be limited to an omnibus thread; they can now be discussed in two omnibus threads.
    - Barry Manilow

I actually think this works well. The Larry Hagmans of the world no longer need to be limited to an omnibus thread; they can now be discussed in two omnibus threads.
    Larry Hagman wasn't even listed as one of the famous dead people of 2012 at the Oscars.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...ribute-2013252

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Larry Hagman wasn't even listed as one of the famous dead people of 2012 at the Oscars.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...ribute-2013252
    Larry Hagman was a TV star with an undistinguished film career. I don't know whom else they did honor that might have been comparable, but I don't really have a problem with not honoring him at a movie event.
    - Barry Manilow

Larry Hagman was a TV star with an undistinguished film career. I don't know whom else they did honor that might have been comparable, but I don't really have a problem with not honoring him at a movie event.
    Agreed. Skipping Andy Griffith was fine with me, too. I did feel that Best Actor Winner (Marty--1955) and prolific film actor Ernest Borgnine deserved at least a ten second clip. He was next to last before Marvin Hamlisch, but just got a still pic flash. I had hoped for more.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Agreed. Skipping Andy Griffith was fine with me, too. I did feel that Best Actor Winner (Marty--1955) and prolific film actor Ernest Borgnine deserved at least a ten second clip. He was next to last before Marvin Hamlisch, but just got a still pic flash. I had hoped for more.
    They skipped Phyllis Diller, too.

Ernest Borgnine definitely deserved more.

I agree.

NYYF Legend

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...trified-426399
    Alvin Lee, the British singer-guitarist whose fiery performance at Woodstock was immortalized in the subsequent film and soundtrack album, has died. He was 68.

A posting on his website says Lee died early Wednesday of "unforeseen complications following a routine surgical procedure." No other details were given.
    Lee’s blues-rock group Ten Years After already was big in England before rocketing to international fame with its wild show at Woodstock in 1969. The band’s 10-minute rendition of Lee’s “I’m Going Home” became a cornerstone of Michael Wadleigh’s film about the festival and its soundtrack album, which would spend four weeks at No. 1 in the U.S. in 1970.
    Sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post

Sad news, indeed.... I just pulled out my vinyl bootleg of TYA.....

Side A: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl

Side B: 1. Love Like A Woman
    2. Come On
    3. Late At Night

Thread Information