+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57

Thread: Nancy Newman

  1. #26

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    With a hammer..what?
    Some people call it that.

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    okay that's so wrong but funny.

    I am not entirely convinced that was not a man at some point in her life. She is disturbing for to watch and those necklaces that she wears all seem to weigh more than she does and are just way too distracting...each one is worse than the next.
    We used to have an instructor here who wore scarves around her neck with every outfit - very nice ones, but still, it was a little odd. As it turns out, "she" used to be a "he" and the scarves apparently weren't for fashion. Never seen Nancy Newman, but it makes me wonder.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  3. #28

    Re: Nancy Newman

    She's brutal. Whenever I hear her voice I assume that some unimportant Nets game is coming up.

    When Lorenz is there the games just seem more important.

  4. #29
    Hostus Mostus b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Hmmm ... NTTAWWT!
    but of course
    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    No, then she'd be Nancy Newoman.

  5. #30
    Hostus Mostus b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    My wife said they look like giant washers. Definitely weird.
    totally. was she talking about that one from the other day? yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    We used to have an instructor here who wore scarves around her neck with every outfit - very nice ones, but still, it was a little odd. As it turns out, "she" used to be a "he" and the scarves apparently weren't for fashion. Never seen Nancy Newman, but it makes me wonder.
    We have a sales person in our company that used to be a man and he does do some things at times to hide the adam's apple...but I think she likes these for some reason...here's one I found but this isn't half as bad as some of them


  6. #31
    Hostus Mostus b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Here's another one that tz made for me once.




    It reminds me of those plastic links you had as a baby:


  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Nancy Newman

    I think Nancy is just fine as the fill in anchor host on the Yankee Pre and Post Games.

    She does not excel in this role, but it's only a fill in position.

    As for Nancy's personal appearance:
    Some of people are tall, some people are short. Some of them have braces, some of them have birth marks, or scars, or frizzy hair, or ears that stick out. But most people probably walk through life every day, never telling anybody the truth about what they really want, or need, or believe, because some people have them terrified of being who they are.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  8. #33
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    My wife said they look like giant washers. Definitely weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    totally. was she talking about that one from the other day? yikes.


    I don't know if she's been getting her inspiration from the washers game or what.

    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  9. #34
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Nancy Newman

    I've become so accustomed to ignoring the slop that networks put on, that I hardly notice how bad Ms. Newman is.... I'll have to pay closer attention I guess.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    Here's another one that tz made for me once.




    It reminds me of those plastic links you had as a baby:

    Those necklaces look like they weigh 20 lbs. each. Thanks for posting it - now I have a face to go with the name.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  11. #36

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I've become so accustomed to ignoring the slop that networks put on, that I hardly notice how bad Ms. Newman is.... I'll have to pay closer attention I guess.
    I just watch the game (generally on mute). All the pre-game, post-game, between innings updates, and whatever that amazon woman's name is who replaced Kim Jones and her in-game Michael Kay banter moment, "stuff" is wasted on me.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  12. #37

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I think Nancy is just fine as the fill in anchor host on the Yankee Pre and Post Games.

    She does not excel in this role, but it's only a fill in position.

    As for Nancy's personal appearance:
    Some of people are tall, some people are short. Some of them have braces, some of them have birth marks, or scars, or frizzy hair, or ears that stick out. But most people probably walk through life every day, never telling anybody the truth about what they really want, or need, or believe, because some people have them terrified of being who they are.
    Actually, she stinks in that role and there's no kind way of saying so.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  13. #38
    Forum Regular
    BronxBombers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Some people call it that.
    Not THAT hammer

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Nancy Newman

    I have nothing against her personal appearance, or her choice of adornments to enhance it. It's her voice I can't stand, and something about her mannerisms on camera. She sort of wiggles while she speaks. And she always kind of drones on, no matter what's happened during the game, as if she were talking about a garden party, or a round of bridge.

  15. #40

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I have nothing against her personal appearance, or her choice of adornments to enhance it. It's her voice I can't stand, and something about her mannerisms on camera. She sort of wiggles while she speaks. And she always kind of drones on, no matter what's happened during the game, as if she were talking about a garden party, or a round of bridge.
    She also makes a lot of mistakes and is devoid of any type of personality. I wish Chris S. would be the back up to Lorenz. He has a better understanding of the game and displays some passion for the Yankees.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Actually, she stinks in that role and there's no kind way of saying so.
    Listen, I don't like her skills either. I just didn't want her reading this thread and getting all upset and stuff. I wanted one positive comment about her. Also, dissing her physical appearance is not really very cool.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Nancy Newman

    I'm not familar with most of the NY area media personalities, so what was Newman's previous job? Was in in sports? I've noticed that ESPN is giving more females a shot, which is great, but some of them seem to only read what's in front of them on the prompter or sticking to the basics. I've heard some misprounced names too, which makes me wonder if sports broadcasting was their first choice. You'd think it would be, but this is ESPN we're talking about.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  18. #43

    Re: Nancy Newman

    She's just not comfortable in the role, gets players' names and plays wrong, asks bad questions and it wouldn't surprise me if the announcers lose patience with her. It's not a good role for her, let her continue to do the Yankees Magazine show or some hosting show for YES. Fans deserve better than her for studio work

  19. #44
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I'm not familar with most of the NY area media personalities, so what was Newman's previous job? Was in in sports? I've noticed that ESPN is giving more females a shot, which is great, but some of them seem to only read what's in front of them on the prompter or sticking to the basics. I've heard some misprounced names too, which makes me wonder if sports broadcasting was their first choice. You'd think it would be, but this is ESPN we're talking about.
    Some of the males do that too....just sayin.

  20. #45
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Nancy Newman

    The only announcers on the Yankee side that annoy me are Sterling, Kay and Waldman. I wish all three would go.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  21. #46

    Re: Nancy Newman

    She kind of has a British accent. Is she from the UK by any chance?

  22. #47
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by scine20 View Post
    She kind of has a British accent. Is she from the UK by any chance?
    Her degree is from a University in Canada. Might be a Canadian accent you hear.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Newman
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  23. #48
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by scine20 View Post
    She kind of has a British accent. Is she from the UK by any chance?
    Nah, there is nothing about her accent that is British though there is a slight twinge that is not completely American.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  24. #49
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Nah, there is nothing about her accent that is British though there is a slight twinge that is not completely American.
    Maybe the Canadian linkage previously mentioned?

  25. #50
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Nancy Newman

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Maybe the Canadian linkage previously mentioned?
    Yeah, saw that.

    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts