+ Reply to Thread
Page 1329 of 1329 FirstFirst ... 329 829 1229 1279 1319 1326 1327 1328 1329
Results 33,201 to 33,208 of 33208

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Do they knock over little old ladies in wheelchairs to push ahead in line?
    I do have some Germanic ancestry.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    When my family was at the Grand Canyon it felt like we were the only Americans there.

The other thing I find is they're pushy. They force their way in front of lines and have absolutely no respect for other people. Anyway, that's my experience.
    Germans are pushy, disrespectful, and loud? Who knew?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Germans are pushy, disrespectful, and loud? Who knew?
    I remember as a newlywed in Brazil, having breakfast with my ex- in the São Paulo Hilton where we had to live until our container arrived from the US. There was a table of four Germans next to us, accompanied by four gaudily dressed Brazilian females, clearly working girls. The Germans were talking loudly to each other, and I saw my ex-'s face get redder by the second. (She had studied in Germany and German is one of her five languages.) She explained to me the Germans were discussing in great detail the erotic adventures each had enjoyed with their non-German-speaking puta the night before.

Classy....
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

On the other hand..

There was a woman on my old route in her 70s, German heritage, named Elsbeth. She’s lived here for 50+ years but still has the accent, tendencies,etc. Fun to talk to, knew me pretty well.
    We were discussing our mutual love of Flathead Lake in Montana and she remembered the rudest thing she’d ever seen- by a New Yorker. Elsbeth was at a Flathead restaurant about to eat huckleberry pancakes when a woman from New York (“one of you people”) walked by and says “That looks delicious.” Grabs a fork from an unoccupied table and takes a bite of Elsbeth’s food from her plate.
    “The rudest thing I’ve ever seen, and I’m German!”

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    On the other hand..

There was a woman on my old route in her 70s, German heritage, named Elsbeth. She’s lived here for 50+ years but still has the accent, tendencies,etc. Fun to talk to, knew me pretty well.
    We were discussing our mutual love of Flathead Lake in Montana and she remembered the rudest thing she’d ever seen- by a New Yorker. Elsbeth was at a Flathead restaurant about to eat huckleberry pancakes when a woman from New York (“one of you people”) walked by and says “That looks delicious.” Grabs a fork from an unoccupied table and takes a bite of Elsbeth’s food from her plate.
    I wouldn't even know how to react if that happened to me.

Came across this today. It seems to be quite a revelation but I don't see it anywhere outside the JP.

"Israeli scientists are on the cusp of developing the first vaccine against the novel coronavirus, according to Science and Technology Minister Ofir Akunis. If all goes as planned, the vaccine could be ready within a few weeks and available in 90 days, according to a release."

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...vaccine-619101
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I remember as a newlywed in Brazil, having breakfast with my ex- in the São Paulo Hilton where we had to live until our container arrived from the US. There was a table of four Germans next to us, accompanied by four gaudily dressed Brazilian females, clearly working girls. The Germans were talking loudly to each other, and I saw my ex-'s face get redder by the second. (She had studied in Germany and German is one of her five languages.) She explained to me the Germans were discussing in great detail the erotic adventures each had enjoyed with their non-German-speaking puta the night before.

Classy....
    Gross. I mean, I don't care what they do if it's consensual, but loudly talking about it in public is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    On the other hand..

In my youth I was with a buddy in a western NY diner who did that because he felt the waitress was ignoring us. He got up, walked to another table, took a bite out of their food, and said very loudly, "the food here sucks, let's go somewhere else". We then ran like hell to his car before we got our asses kicked.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information