+ Reply to Thread
Page 1379 of 1379 FirstFirst ... 379 879 1279 1329 1369 1376 1377 1378 1379
Results 34,451 to 34,467 of 34467

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Happy thanksgiving my lovey LTE peeps. Hope you all have a safe day. Iím off today thank lord!
    They gave you a day off?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow
    Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They gave you a day off?
    Can you believe it!? Lol

That being said, Iíve already gotten 2 calls and 2 texts to pick up tonight. Sooo thereís that.

NYYF Legend

Morning folks......golf course has a Black Friday sale today.......might treat myself to some Pings or Calloways........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

26 years ago - the day after Thanksgiving, in fact - my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer, and he died two months later. My sister, like yours, was inconsolable, and since then she’s built a memory of him that’s almost saintly - far more perfect and far less interesting than the father I knew. I also think about him every day, and while I miss him, those two months were enough time for us to say everything that really needed to be said, but not so long that he wasted away tortuously.

He was 74. The women in my family lend to live well into their 90s, but the men don’t live past 75.
    So he'd be 100 now, huh?

If you die before 100, I'll kill you.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

He was 74. The women in my family lend to live well into their 90s, but the men don’t live past 75.
    My dad died at 67, and my grandfathers died at 67 and 69. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a long retirement but on the flip side I'm pretty sure I don't need to worry about working as a Walmart greeter in my late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    So he'd be 100 now, huh?

If you die before 100, I'll kill you.
    I have no desire to live to 100. Youíre free to kill me well before that.

NYYF Legend

Morning folks.......another warm Nov. day.......snow all gone....

NYYF Legend

Rumour is you wonít have ďTrump to kick around much longerĒ - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    My dad died at 67, and my grandfathers died at 67 and 69. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a long retirement but on the flip side I'm pretty sure I don't need to worry about working as a Walmart greeter in my late 80s.
    My grandpas died at 58 and 63, but it wasn't genetic. The former was a lifelong heavy smoker and also drank heavily until a few years before he died of a massive heart attack (14 years before I was born). The latter had the misfortune of getting rheumatic fever as a child, and it damaged his heart. He had numerous heart surgeries, but ultimately died of a blocked artificial valve. 63 really wasn't bad considering doctors told his parents he wouldn't live past 16.

One of my grandmas died at 86. The other is still alive at 90. She's always been very healthy, but is starting to decline.

I have no desire to live to 100. Youíre free to kill me well before that.
    Well, for whatever it's worth, I'd miss your snark if you kicked the bucket too early.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

Morning Sinners.......

I don't know if it's the weather, but my neuropathy pain is like a 7 out of 10 today and I've been up since 1:00 AM because of it. It's going to be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I don't know if it's the weather, but my neuropathy pain is like a 7 out of 10 today and I've been up since 1:00 AM because of it. It's going to be a long day.
    That sucks, Ryan. I'm sorry. I actually slept OK last night after a miserable previous night. Saturday night I was awake from pain all night, so I stayed in bed most of yesterday. I started to get a migraine yesterday evening, but thankfully took my Imitrex in time. I think it also helped me sleep.

Idk if itís the state of the world currently, my work schedule, the weather changes or my depression kicking in, but I. Am. Tired. I am thoroughly glad my son is a nap king because I desperately also need a midday nap.

NYYF Legend

Finally received word today that my job is going to pay 90% of my graduate school tuition.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Finally received word today that my job is going to pay 90% of my graduate school tuition.
    Nice! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Idk if itís the state of the world currently, my work schedule, the weather changes or my depression kicking in, but I. Am. Tired. I am thoroughly glad my son is a nap king because I desperately also need a midday nap.
    Life is freaking hard as it is, and it's worse right now. I'm sorry you're struggling. <3

That is FANTASTIC!

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Waiting for the day when I will crawl away.

Super terrific.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

Thread Information