+ Reply to Thread
Page 1155 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 155 655 1055 1105 1145 1152 1153 1154 1155
Results 28,851 to 28,872 of 28872

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Any update?
    No. I don't hear the cops anymore though.

I assume they got the guy without much fuss.

I'll look for it in the local news tomorrow and post if I find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Something going on in the development next to mine.

Earlier I heard what might have been two gunshots. Not 100% sure.

Now, the cops are talking to someone through a loudspeaker. Repeatedly telling him to come around to the front of the house. IDK if he's inside or in the backyard or something. Something about keeping dogs where they are. Sounds like the cops are telling him nobody else is in the house. He must be outside.

No helicopter, which is surprising.
    Just give yourself up already.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Just give yourself up already.
    Never!

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Something going on in the development next to mine.

Earlier I heard what might have been two gunshots. Not 100% sure.

Now, the cops are talking to someone through a loudspeaker. Repeatedly telling him to come around to the front of the house. IDK if he's inside or in the backyard or something. Something about keeping dogs where they are. Sounds like the cops are telling him nobody else is in the house. He must be outside.

No helicopter, which is surprising.

We had something similar in our neighborhood a couple months ago. Even had a helicopter yelling at someone! Turns out some dummie stole a car and drove into our neighborhood to hide. But uhhh this neighborhood is all cul-de-sac so it didnít work out well. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    We had something similar in our neighborhood a couple months ago. Even had a helicopter yelling at someone! Turns out some dummie stole a car and drove into our neighborhood to hide. But uhhh this neighborhood is all cul-de-sac so it didnít work out well. LOL
    Brilliant.

NYYF Legend

So found out I have skin cancer and going for tests to see if I have a form of blood cancer as one test was positive for that. How is everyone elseís day going?
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So found out I have skin cancer and going for tests to see if I have a form of blood cancer as one test was positive for that. How is everyone elseís day going?
    My parents have had skin cancers removed. I hope yours is as easy to treat! Hopefully the other test will be negative.

So...a couple of months ago Linda mentioned that she was going on deployment as a Red Cross volunteer, and I thought that sounded interesting, so I signed up for some training. And on Friday Iím flying out to Sacramento to spend 10 days as a Disaster Mental Health volunteer, working around the wildfires out there.

I may hate it, but Iíll find out. Either way, thanks, Linda!

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    So...a couple of months ago Linda mentioned that she was going on deployment as a Red Cross volunteer, and I thought that sounded interesting, so I signed up for some training. And on Friday Iím flying out to Sacramento to spend 10 days as a Disaster Mental Health volunteer, working around the wildfires out there.

That's awesome.

Seriously-- good on you.

That's awesome.

Seriously-- good on you.
    Thanks. It helps that the state's still paying me. Civil Service law says they have to.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Pretty cool, doc. You're an impressive old cranky argumentative geezer.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

So you'll be in California during the World Series on taxpayer's dime. Suspicious. Who do you think you are, Mnuchin? Are you taking wife, fianceť or girlfriend?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

They need help, not a curmudgeon like you.

(Honestly that's cool. Can you volunteer to be a disaster mental health volunteer at the White House?)

NYYF Legend

They can keep you.

Good for you. That's a wonderful thing for you to do.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    My parents have had skin cancers removed. I hope yours is as easy to treat! Hopefully the other test will be negative.
    Thanks. Going for blood work this morning
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Thanks. Going for blood work this morning
    Fingers crossed for you Rick. You don't need any more problems!!

I know a ton of people that have had skin cancer and all are fine today. Most didn't require much treatment, at all. Here's hoping that you fall into this same group.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I know a ton of people that have had skin cancer and all are fine today. Most didn't require much treatment, at all. Here's hoping that you fall into this same group.
    Thanks it is the possible blood cancer that worries me

Good luck, Rick. The skin cancer may be easy, may not be, but the blood cancer...I hope everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Skin cancer is the most prevalent cancer in the United States. There's melanoma which nobody wants but luckily the more common occurring cancer is basal cell which just about every person who has spent any decent amount of time outside is going to get and generally is easily treatable. I go to the dermatologist twice a year. I couldn't begin to tell you how much crap I have had lasered off of me.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Iím proud of you for going, friend! Itíll be a great experience for you and Iím sure the people there are grateful youíre there too.

I havenít heard any updates about being deployed...yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Fingers crossed for you Rick. You don't need any more problems!!
    Good luck, Rick. The skin cancer may be easy, may not be, but the blood cancer...I hope everything works out.
    Thanks. The skin cancer area will be resolved November 14 and assuming it didnít spread that will be that. Will find out about the blood cancer I hope,next week.

Thread Information