+ Reply to Thread
Page 1367 of 1370 FirstFirst ... 367 867 1267 1317 1357 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 LastLast
Results 34,151 to 34,175 of 34246
    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I thought it worked the other way if you had 7 birthdays a year
    He’s 114 now.

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Not me. I participated in a lot of chats with nyyfans people, but never an official one. If Windraven was a part of it, it might have been before my time, because I remember them, but I think they were more or less inactive by the time I showed up.
    I joined about 7 months after you, and I remember WindravenX being active for a while.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    He’s 114 now.
    We're not talking about muggs.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    We're not talking about muggs.
    I'm timeless
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

A few days ago, I was in the Vice Principal’s office, talking about evacuation plans due to the fire. We talked about all the problems hitting our part of the state lately such as fires, heat waves, COVID, etc., and I commented, “Damn, all we need now is an earthquake.” The VP said I was going to jinx it, and I replied, “Oh, I think we’ve been jinxed already. I mean, how much worse can it get? All the jinxing has already been taken care of,” and we laughed.

Last night, a 4.5 earthquake hit. We barely felt it here, but it was a near direct hit for the rest of my family. A 4.5 isn’t strong enough to cause much damage, but it’ll certainly jolt you out of bed, as if it was saying... “Say it again, MF’er, I double-dog dare you! Say it again!!!”

I will not be saying it, or anything, again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    A few days ago, I was in the Vice Principal’s office, talking about evacuation plans due to the fire. We talked about all the problems hitting our part of the state lately such as fires, heat waves, COVID, etc., and I commented, “Damn, all we need now is an earthquake.” The VP said I was going to jinx it, and I replied, “Oh, I think we’ve been jinxed already. I mean, how much worse can it get? All the jinxing has already been taken care of,” and we laughed.

Last night, a 4.5 earthquake hit. We barely felt it here, but it was a near direct hit for the rest of my family. A 4.5 isn’t strong enough to cause much damage, but it’ll certainly jolt you out of bed, as if it was saying... “Say it again, MF’er, I double-dog dare you! Say it again!!!”

I will not be saying it, or anything, again anytime soon.
    Magical thinking much?

I say things like that all the time. At work, I might say, "Hey, it’s been a quiet morning so far." People will always say, "Quiet, you’re going to jinx it," to which I respond, "It’s all going to blow up in five minutes no matter what I say."

Magical thinking much?

I say things like that all the time. At work, I might say, "Hey, it’s been a quiet morning so far." People will always say, "Quiet, you’re going to jinx it," to which I respond, "It’s all going to blow up in five minutes no matter what I say."
    I'll give you the John Sterling line about jinxing a no-hitter - if I can change the outcome of a ballgame by what I say then the Yankees are going to have to pay me a lot more money.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'll give you the John Sterling line about jinxing a no-hitter - if I can change the outcome of a ballgame by what I say then the Yankees are going to have to pay me a lot more money.
    That's classic.

Casey, stay safe.

Magical thinking much?

Yes! Don’t mess with my magic.

Just got an email that we're returning to the office on an as yet determined date in October. Did I miss something that makes this a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Just got an email that we're returning to the office on an as yet determined date in October. Did I miss something that makes this a good idea?
    October of this year? No, you didn’t miss anything.

Boston Childrens told my son they don't expect him to return to the office until July 2021

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Kids started in person learning school this week so.

NYYF Legend

Boston Childrens told my son they don't expect him to return to the office until July 2021
    Philadelphia Electric told my son he is at home until mid-2021 and maybe forever (except storm emergencies, where he has to go in, sometimes for 18-hour days.)
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Philadelphia Electric told my son he is at home until mid-2021 and maybe forever (except storm emergencies, where he has to go in, sometimes for 18-hour days.)
    I think one good that will come from this horror is that companies will learn that many people can work just as or even more efficiently from home. Hopefully that'll stick even after the pandemic passes.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I think one good that will come from this horror is that companies will learn that many people can work just as or even more efficiently from home. Hopefully that'll stick even after the pandemic passes.
    I'm just hoping this makes my company more relaxed about working from home in general. I have to work from home one week a month for medical treatment and the hoops I had to jump through monthly to get approval from HR would stress me out to the point of nausea sometimes.

We’ve had our special education students back on campus for about two weeks now. We already have permission to bring elementary back, but wint be doing that for a few more weeks.

I just finished my appointment to review a recent CT scan. It can't give the detail he wants that an MRI can give, but I can't get the MRI because of my sleep apnea implant. (Ugh.) However, it does show two mild disk bulges, as well as arthritis in my lumbar spine AND sacroiliac joints. I'm 40. He said sacroiliac arthritis doesn't usually occur until people are in their mid to late 60s. My body continues to be a screwed up piece of crap. I'm gonna be so screwed when I actually get to that age. I don't even want to think about it because it's too scary.

When all this started, my company very quickly deployed laptops to all personnel (we have about 75 employees), and we started manning the office at 50%. We ceased having any sort of face-to-face meetings, and require masks pretty much everywhere except your own office, and even there, only when no one else is there with you. We also hired an additional cleaning agency to do periodic deep cleans of high-touch surfaces.

It seems to be working well. We've had a sum total of two employees test positive, and both of those were contact-traced to somewhere other than the office.

There's no way we can go to 100% telecommuting, as manufacturing actually needs to be where the parts and equipment are, and a couple of our programs are classified, and we can't exactly bring that work home with us.

So, with the proper precautions, returning to the office isn't unreasonable. Returning to the office doing things the same way you did them last January remains a bad idea.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Work has been picking up recently and man I’m tired.

In the things that make chuckle department:

My son's girlfriend works at the Gardner Museum in Boston. In their gift department they sell a selection of handmade ornaments, one of which is a Ruth Bader Ginsburg ornament. I think they sold out of them (or darn close to it) once it got on social media they had these things.

https://gift.gardnermuseum.org/products/rbg-ornament

pssst.... don't tell my wife but I got her one for Christmas. She'll get a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Work has been picking up recently and man I’m tired.
    My boss has been absent due to a recent surgery and yours truly has been left in charge. It's not that big of a deal (except I hate filling out daily labor reports)... but I sure wouldn't mind if they gave me a little more money for this uptick in my responsibilities. Yeah, that will be the day.

In the things that make chuckle department:

My son's girlfriend works at the Gardner Museum in Boston. In their gift department they sell a selection of handmade ornaments, one of which is a Ruth Bader Ginsburg ornament. I think they sold out of them (or darn close to it) once it got on social media they had these things.

pssst.... don't tell my wife but I got her one for Christmas. She'll get a kick out of it.
    Yeah, Muggs...I'm getting forgetful in my old age, but I'll try not to slip.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Yeah, Muggs...I'm getting forgetful in my old age, but I'll try not to slip.
    Don't worry, I'll forget that you forgot that you let it slip

My boss has been absent due to a recent surgery and yours truly has been left in charge. It's not that big of a deal (except I hate filling out daily labor reports)... but I sure wouldn't mind if they gave me a little more money for this uptick in my responsibilities. Yeah, that will be the day.
    I think that phrase should be written, "That'll be the day," said in an exaggerated John Wayne imitation. Sorry, Buddy Holly, but Duke owns that line.

Thread Information