+ Reply to Thread
Page 1127 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 127 627 1027 1077 1117 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1137 ... LastLast
Results 28,151 to 28,175 of 28717
  1. #28151

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Getting old too. I love how you can be walking along and in an instant your knee is in intense pain due to a tiny piece of cartilage that's floating around in there. Nothing works like it used to. That's right, Nothing!
    Geez you're depressing. Is this what I have to look forward to?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  2. #28152
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    First they need volunteers and second volunteers need to know who "they" are. The site has been a boat lost at sea with one or two captains keeping it afloat.
    I've been trying to volunteer for awhile, but there seems to be a challenge in getting mod rights set up. I am not sure who even has the ability to do that.

  3. #28153
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I've been trying to volunteer for awhile, but there seems to be a challenge in getting mod rights set up. I am not sure who even has the ability to do that.
    There used to be an admin (JimF) that did that. I know there are two mods still around. Maynerd is the only one I am aware. I would private message him.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  4. #28154
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    There's 2 and it's because no one wants to Mod.
    I do. I've been trying to unravel whom to ask about it for awhile.

  5. #28155
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    There used to be an admin (JimF) that did that. I know there are two mods still around. Maynerd is the only one I am aware. I would private message him.
    He is working on it, but he doesn't have the rights to create a new Mod and its not completely clear who does have that ability.

  6. #28156
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    He is working on it, but he doesn't have the rights to create a new Mod and its not completely clear who does have that ability.
    Doesn't surprise me. No knock to Maynerd and the other mod as I know they are trying their best but ever since this site has been sold to SNY it has basically been left to its own.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  7. #28157
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. No knock to Maynerd and the other mod as I know they are trying their best but ever since this site has been sold to SNY it has basically been left to its own.
    It's very unclear what the structure is. Quite frankly, it's pretty amazing that this thing is still up and running.

  8. #28158
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    It's very unclear what the structure is. Quite frankly, it's pretty amazing that this thing is still up and running.
    Agreed and when the site goes down on occasion I wonder if this is the time it doesn't return but it always does.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  9. #28159
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Agreed and when the site goes down on occasion I wonder if this is the time it doesn't return but it always does.
    I'm not one to give up, so I am going to keep trying to figure out who can grant Mod rights. Maynerd can't do this alone. I know it has been said there is a 2nd Mod, but I am totally unclear who that person is.

  10. #28160
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I'm not one to give up, so I am going to keep trying to figure out who can grant Mod rights. Maynerd can't do this alone. I know it has been said there is a 2nd Mod, but I am totally unclear who that person is.
    Neither do I. Usually the mods are bolded when online and the only one I see is Maynerd. It has lasted this long so I am sure it will continue.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  11. #28161

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Isn't Linda a mod?

  12. #28162

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Isn't Linda a mod?
    Yes...

  13. #28163

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Wait-- there's a few.

    Almost none are active: http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showgroups.php

  14. #28164
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Isn't Linda a mod?
    What's Linda's username? Then I can get in touch with her, too. Thanks!

  15. #28165

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    What's Linda's username? Then I can get in touch with her, too. Thanks!
    yankeeschic12324

    But I think you need an administrator. See link to list above.

    I don't think a mod can help you.

  16. #28166
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    yankeeschic12324

    But I think you need an administrator. See link to list above.

    I don't think a mod can help you.
    Hmmmmm. Are any of the admins still around? I haven't seen them in ages.

  17. #28167

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Hmmmmm. Are any of the admins still around? I haven't seen them in ages.
    I don't think so.

  18. #28168
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    So my brother has absolutely interest in baseball, at all. He was randomly offered a ticket to the Lakewood Blueclaws game today and accepted.

    He got to see a f***ing no-hitter.

  19. #28169
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I don't think so.
    This is not looking promising.

  20. #28170
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Batting down the hatches, major Adirondack storm moving in! I love these monster storms.
    Got that post in about a minute before we lost power. Just came back on.
    Let the kids play.

  21. #28171

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Got that post in about a minute before we lost power. Just came back on.
    You had four hours and that post is all you came up with?

  22. #28172
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You had four hours and that post is all you came up with?
    Seriously. Do you know how much has gone down here in the last four hours?

  23. #28173
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I've been trying to volunteer for awhile, but there seems to be a challenge in getting mod rights set up. I am not sure who even has the ability to do that.


    We don't have admin powers to assign mods.

  24. #28174
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Isn't Linda a mod?


    Yep. Rick is being petty about it.

  25. #28175
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Yep. Rick is being petty about it.
    I knew you were a mod. Didn't know you still were. I just saw someone above say there were two.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 21 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 21 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts