+ Reply to Thread
Page 1265 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 265 765 1165 1215 1255 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 LastLast
Results 31,601 to 31,625 of 31647
    NYYF Legend

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'd watch, but I'm very busy watching the grass grow.
    ..and tomorrow we're all getting together to watch some paint dry.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

One is definitely hatching today! Egg is all crumbled on top where the hatchling is breaking through. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Good morning!

We have a local bald eagle nest camera, with two eggs in it that should be hatching any day now. One may have started to hatch last night, but mother eagle hasnt offered a good look in daylight. I find myself glued to this camera lately, just watching them and hoping to catch a peek of a hatching eagle. Last year, both eggs hatched but one died in a snow storm. Eggs were laid much later this year, so that should eliminate at least one danger.

If anyone is interested, here’s the site. The fully white head is the female (“Jackie”), and the one with some black specks in his head is the male (“Shadow”).

http://www.iws.org/bigbear_youtube.html
    Thanks for posting. We have lots of eagles around here. When I was a kid there were none...great job by the conservationists to get them restored, as well as the Eastern Bluebirds.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Thanks for posting. We have lots of eagles around here. When I was a kid there were none...great job by the conservationists to get them restored, as well as the Eastern Bluebirds.
    We have about 8-10 bald eagles that winter here since our lake rarely freezes over. Every once in a while, an eagle grabs some dinner and lands and eats it on the playground of the elementary school right by the lake. The kids get a kick out if it. So does everyone else.

The problem for Bluebirds is those undesirable invasive English Sparrows take over their nesting sites. I hate those birds.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The problem for Bluebirds is those undesirable invasive English Sparrows take over their nesting sites. I hate those birds.
    We're having that issue now - all 8 bluebird houses are occupied by sparrows. I've read a few articles about ways to help keep the sparrows away but it's not foolproof and requires too much effort. There are plenty of bluebirds here though, so they must be nesting somewhere.
    Let the kids play.

I forgot today was April 15th and stopped by the post office after work. After seeing a line of cars trying to find a parking spot and then remembering it was April 15 I decided I'll go another day.

It seems really strange to me that people wait until the last minute.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

I forgot today was April 15th and stopped by the post office after work. After seeing a line of cars trying to find a parking spot and then remembering it was April 15 I decided I'll go another day.

You have no idea.

You have no idea.
    Seconded

Same. Everybody I know files ASAP.

The old main post office opposite MSG used to stay open until midnight on the 15th. One year I got there, well, before midnight.

NYYF Legend

Back to work.........one Hell of a rain storm yesterday......between snow melt and rain I’m not sure what we’re going to do today......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

When I've owed money, I would wait until close to Tax Day to mail the thing in. But, the 13th or 14th would do.

When they owe me money, I get that return in, pronto.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Morning.......off to work I go.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Morning.......off to work I go.......
    Today we open the lake house. Never know what we'll find after 6 months away...hopefully nothing out of the ordinary.
    Let the kids play.

Hope is eternal

So for me to access my work sites to do my job we utilize a hard RSA token which provides a code to log in. Got an email saying they are replacing these with a soft token that we download an app on our PERSONAL smartphone. Not going to happen. I sent a “hardship” exception request saying my hardship is I do not grant approval to United to put anything on my personal phone.
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Today we open the lake house. Never know what we'll find after 6 months away...hopefully nothing out of the ordinary.
    I forgot to tell you that I moved in last week. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So for me to access my work sites to do my job we utilize a hard RSA token which provides a code to log in. Got an email saying they are replacing these with a soft token that we download an app on our PERSONAL smartphone. Not going to happen. I sent a “hardship” exception request saying my hardship is I do not grant approval to United to put anything on my personal phone.
    They need to give you a work phone for that BS.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    My company did the same thing about 5 years ago, but they also gave us the option to receive an SMS text with the login code if we didn't want to install an app.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

They need to give you a work phone for that BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    My company did the same thing about 5 years ago, but they also gave us the option to receive an SMS text with the login code if we didn't want to install an app.
    They are mailing me a new hard token (same as I now have). I simply told them I was not downloading a work app on my personal phone.
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

You forgot to clean the toilet.

All was good today, greeted by a large but young eagle.
    Let the kids play.

You forgot to clean the toilet.

All was good today, greeted by a large but young eagle.
    I meant to tell you that you needed to get a housekeeper out there. It's not up to my standards.

I meant to tell you that you needed to get a housekeeper out there. It's not up to my standards.
    Well first you have to kick out the Racoons that live there in the winter. They can be messy. Then there's a couple thousand lady bugs that come down the fireplace and sleep in the front window. You don't notice them until you get some heat going and they wake up. Next time give me some notice!
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Well first you have to kick out the Racoons that live there in the winter. They can be messy. Then there's a couple thousand lady bugs that come down the fireplace and sleep in the front window. You don't notice them until you get some heat going and they wake up. Next time give me some notice!
    I like lady bugs but eww.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I like lady bugs but eww.
    How are you doing Ryan?

I'm hoping you're getting closer to good health.

NYYF Legend

How are you doing Ryan?

I'm hoping you're getting closer to good health.
    I'm getting better - I've been walking without the walker for about two weeks now, and my gait is becoming more natural (thought it still kind of looks like I'm waddling). I'm ending physical and occupational therapy on 4/30 because my new benefit year starts 5/1 and I can't afford the $60 copays on my disability salary. Hoping to get back to work on Monday 5/6 because otherwise I'd just be sitting at home all day.

Thread Information