+ Reply to Thread
Page 1259 of 1278 FirstFirst ... 259 759 1159 1209 1249 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1269 ... LastLast
Results 31,451 to 31,475 of 31928
    Hope is eternal

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

I had to pay $225 for my wheel chair
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    A friend of mine is going through this wheelchair thing with insurance companies for his dad. He can use a walker so they don't want to approve the wheelchair. Except he's deathly afraid to go outside with his walker if there is any kind of slippery conditions. An 87 year old guy who can hardly move from point A to point B, but nope, he doesn't need a wheelchair. Or at least they're not paying for it. Insurance companies suck.

Hang in there, Ryan.
    Worst case scenario I'll buy one but it shouldn't have to come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I'm being discharged from rehab next Tuesday. Realistically I'm going to need a walker for home and a wheelchair to leave the house, but my physical therapist is fairly sure insurance will deny the wheelchair because I'm capable of walking 150 ft. with a walker. 150 ft. will maybe get me to a store entrance and then I'll run out of energy.
    Insurance is the worst. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Do you have short term disability through your job?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Insurance is the worst. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Do you have short term disability through your job?
    Thankfully yes, they just got it this year too. I get 65% of my normal pay for up to 26 weeks, which is enough to pay my bills. If I worked in NJ it would be through the state but I believe the pay and length of time are the same.

I think its the other way around.
    Why? If the sun comes up at 6 and we fish at sunrise, then moving the clocks ahead means the sun rises at 7.
    Let the kids play.

Hope is eternal

Found out the wife of a very good friend was diagnosed yesterday with stage IV pancreatic cancer (like Alex Trebeck). Has spread to the liver so needless to say odds are horrible. Have two young daughters too. So damn unfair.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Why? If the sun comes up at 6 and we fish at sunrise, then moving the clocks ahead means the sun rises at 7.
    A DST benefit.
    No Yankees to the All Star Game, please. Let them all get 4 days of rest so they can play more real games.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Thankfully yes, they just got it this year too. I get 65% of my normal pay for up to 26 weeks, which is enough to pay my bills. If I worked in NJ it would be through the state but I believe the pay and length of time are the same.
    I'm glad you have that!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Found out the wife of a very good friend was diagnosed yesterday with stage IV pancreatic cancer (like Alex Trebeck). Has spread to the liver so needless to say odds are horrible. Have two young daughters too. So damn unfair.
    How old is she? That's awful. Pancreatic is once of the worst of them, because they usually don't catch it until it's spread. So sorry to hear.

Hope is eternal

I'm glad you have that!

How old is she? That's awful. Pancreatic is once of the worst of them, because they usually don't catch it until it's spread. So sorry to hear.
    Think she is 42. Two daughters (14 and 10). Real good person. Thankfully she is of the mindset to fight. But she and her husband know the odds.

Think she is 42. Two daughters (14 and 10). Real good person. Thankfully she is of the mindset to fight. But she and her husband know the odds.
    With pancreatic cancer...I knew someone who was about 50, 3 young adopted kids, a happy marriage, and the mindset to fight. He lived18 months, maybe more, well beyond expectations, I wish he had been less of a fighter. It was terrible.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Ugh that’s rough. pancreatic cancer runs in my family (mom’s uncle, mom’s brother and one of her sisters all were diagnosed.) and it’s unfortunate. Hoping for good things for your friend’s wife.

I must have a birthday coming up soon. Muggs is starting in with the old jokes.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

I just got an email forwarded to me by my wife:

Improve your fantasy baseball chances this season by applying advanced baseball analytics. David Yamin will teach you how to utilize modern Sabermetric data-driven insights to identify some sleepers and breakout candidates you need to draft – and a few players to avoid because the data suggest their performance is likely to regress this season. You’ll also learn a simple, yet powerful, model for simulating the 2019 season and predicting which teams are likely playoff contenders.

Presenter: David Yamin, Data Collector, Tampa Bay Rays (MLB)

David Yamin is an intellectually agile data scientist and attorney with a unique combination of data analysis, legal, entrepreneurial, relationship-building and team leadership skills in a challenging business management position. Some specific areas of value include:

• Critical Thinking and Analysis
    • Data Science & Data Analytics
    • Contracts and Commercial Transactions
    • Labor & Employment Law
    • Project Management
    • Digital and Email Marketing
    • Cross-Functional Team Building
    • Strategic Planning

Software Skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL (databases) and R Studio (statistics)

Sponsored by American University Masters in Sports Analytics & Management program
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

I'm always respectful towards my elders.

Today is JDP's favorite day - March 14 or 3.14 - or national pi day. Lots of pie related savings today.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Today is JDP's favorite day - March 14 or 3.14 - or national pi day. Lots of pie related savings today.
    All that savings saves me nothing.
    No Yankees to the All Star Game, please. Let them all get 4 days of rest so they can play more real games.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    All that savings saves me nothing.
    I save so much at Costco that it's making me broke
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Mine is a week from today. In case you don't have a gift yet.

It's also my grandma's 89th birthday! And my aunt's 57th.

It's also my grandma's 89th birthday! And my aunt's 57th.
    Happy birthday. I hope they celebrated with a nice birthday pie.

Doing some site maintenance. Taking a look at the very first member here, 1/17/2000, that would be Yankees Board Webmaster, user #176. How can the very first member be #176? Even the owner and developer is in the 500s. Very strange.
    Let the kids play.

Doing some site maintenance. Taking a look at the very first member here, 1/17/2000, that would be Yankees Board Webmaster, user #176. How can the very first member be #176? Even the owner and developer is in the 500s. Very strange.
    Lori Loughlin probably bribed somebody

Jenn, my granddaughter is in AZ this week. Today she's at the Grand Canyon.

Jenn, my granddaughter is in AZ this week. Today she's at the Grand Canyon.
    Aw, I hope she has a great time. My optometrist told me on Saturday that he and his wife hiked it last week, and it was lovely weather. Just a little dusting of snow on the way back up.

Aw, I hope she has a great time. My optometrist told me on Saturday that he and his wife hiked it last week, and it was lovely weather. Just a little dusting of snow on the way back up.
    The went to Sedona, then Grand Canyon and next are going to Flagstaff.

The went to Sedona, then Grand Canyon and next are going to Flagstaff.
    I drove through Flagstaff a couple weeks ago. Nice town, but maybe the worst kept highways I’ve ever seen. Like railroad tracks.

Thread Information