+ Reply to Thread
Page 1272 of 1288 FirstFirst ... 272 772 1172 1222 1262 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1282 ... LastLast
Results 31,776 to 31,800 of 32190
    Hope is eternal

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'm so sorry, Rick. That is just way too young. So unfair. I'm so sad for her daughters.

One of my mom's high school best friends was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last month. She died on May 7, exactly 2 months shy of 68. My parents went to her funeral yesterday. She was one of the kindest, best people I've ever met. No kids of her own but she was a teacher in the community where she grew up for 43 years, so was well loved.
    Sorry to hear that. Both very aggressive
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

NYYF Legend

Whatís this Game of Thrones?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Whatís this Game of Thrones?
    I really don't know other than it's over, which is good because I'm tired of seeing it all over the place.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I really don't know other than it's over, which is good because I'm tired of seeing it all over the place.
    I've never watched it so I can't comment on it.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I've never watched it so I can't comment on it.
    Yes, but youíve heard of it and heard about it. Endlessly. I think that was Bub's point. (Or is this another effort to make it seem like "muggs" and "Bub" are different people?

I've never watched the show, bit I was at a GOT-themed Yankee game the other night

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yes, but youíve heard of it and heard about it. Endlessly. I think that was Bub's point. (Or is this another effort to make it seem like "muggs" and "Bub" are different people?

I've never watched the show, bit I was at a GOT-themed Yankee game the other night
    I literally have no idea what the show is about
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I literally have no idea what the show is about
    Yes you do. Dark Age fur coats and axes.

I also know Emilia Clarke wears a blond wig in the show. That's the extent of my knowledge about her involvement within the show.

I also know Emilia Clarke wears a blond wig in the show. That's the extent of my knowledge about her involvement within the show.
    See? You beat me. I donít know who Emilia Clarke is, much less what her hair color is in any context.

He remembers those days fondly.

No commute today.

It started snowing at about 6:00 yesterday afternoon. Didn't stop until about 10:00 this morning. One freeway closed; another with hours of delays. Spent over an hour last night trying to get the snow off my tree branches before they all snapped from the weight. Many of my neighbors elected to remain inside. Today, they're bucking branches with chainsaws. It sounded like a war zone last night, with constant cracks as trees shed branches. Heavy snow after the trees bloom is badness. Too much surface area to hold the snow.

About a foot of wet, HEAVY snow. Not typical Colorado Snow (light and fluffy); this was heart-attack-inducing tonnage.

Spring. Pfft.

[Checks calendar.] Yep. May 21st.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    No commute today.

It started snowing at about 6:00 yesterday afternoon. Didn't stop until about 10:00 this morning. One freeway closed; another with hours of delays. Spent over an hour last night trying to get the snow off my tree branches before they all snapped from the weight. Many of my neighbors elected to remain inside. Today, they're bucking branches with chainsaws. It sounded like a war zone last night, with constant cracks as trees shed branches. Heavy snow after the trees bloom is badness. Too much surface area to hold the snow.

About a foot of wet, HEAVY snow. Not typical Colorado Snow (light and fluffy); this was heart-attack-inducing tonnage.

Spring. Pfft.

Yikes.

No commute today.

Spring. Pfft.

A friend in South Dakota posted a video of it snowing at her house this morning. It's been unusually cool for the desert, too. We've had only a handful of hot days so far. It's been in the 60s and 70s. (I can't complain because i adore cool weather! It's just really unusual.) Cue Drumpf and his band of ignoramuses saying that "global warming" is a hoax.

See? You beat me. I donít know who Emilia Clarke is, much less what her hair color is in any context.
    I only know Emilia Clarke because she was in some tear jerker chick flick my wife watched. I recall thinking she was the only enjoyable thing in the movie.

No commute today.

Spring. Pfft.

It's Colorado. It will probably be 80 degrees tomorrow. You guys have some weird weather swings.

Hope is eternal

Anyone know where I can find some Oreos?
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

I heard on the news that The Dress Barn has closed all it's storefronts and are ceasing operations which surprised me because I didn't know they were still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Anyone know where I can find some Oreos?
    Let me know. Sounds good.

I only know Emilia Clarke because she was in some tear jerker chick flick my wife watched. I recall thinking she was the only enjoyable thing in the movie.
    Good to hear. Sheís pretty mediocre in other things she does.

NYYF Legend

I heard on the news that The Dress Barn has closed all it's storefronts and are ceasing operations which surprised me because I didn't know they were still in business.
    I never understood how anyone could think that Dress Barn would be a good name for a woman's clothing store.
    Just win!

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I never understood how anyone could think that Dress Barn would be a good name for a woman's clothing store.
    Yeah, it basically gives the answer in advance to, "Does this make my butt look big?"

It is rather terrible.

It snowed here on Monday. Supposed to snow several more inches today. Although this winter was great for our lake, which rose over 8 feet, I wish this damn winter would end already.

Yeah, it basically gives the answer in advance to, "Does this make my butt look big?"
    Stock answer... "it's not the dress..."
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Oddly enough, I Found many pretty dresses there.

Thread Information